Author Topic: Cleveland: Demolition Watch  (Read 363471 times)

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
Re: Cleveland: Demolition Watch
« Reply #1855 on: June 05, 2017, 06:50:19 PM »
Thanks. From what little I know of Scranton Averell, their executives are cheap -- as in they chew their water before swallowing. So I can't imagine them spending $300,000 to raze a building that wasn't in danger of falling down -- unless it was in danger, or they have development plans.
"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for."-- Barack Obama

Offline viscomi

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #1856 on: June 05, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
I really like that building. Shame  :cry:

Offline Mendo

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #1857 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
Anyone know what Scranton Averell Inc is up to? This building has a 300k demolition order pending.
That's disappointing. There are only a few interesting buildings left on Scranton Peninsula.

I saw this on the CPC agenda for next week at the corner of Waterloo and E. 156

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/designreview/drcagenda/2017/pdf/NE_Design_Review_Agenda_06-13-17.pdf

8:35am 3. NE 2017-020 15519 Waterloo Rd Demolition (C)
Waterloo Design Review District
Seeking final approval for the proposed demolition of a two story, commercial structure.
Project Representative: Camille Maxwell/Joe Barbaree, Northeast Shores Dev. Corp.

Online Oldmanladyluck

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #1858 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:31 PM »
^I've watched that building transition over the years.  It originally went through an exterior rehab back in maybe 2003-2005 but it wasn't done well and the building began to look worse just a couple years later.  If this one comes down, I would hope the corner doesn't have a vacant lot forever.  There's been enough that has been torn down on E. 156th that the street doesn't look the same anymore.
A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
-Mohandas Gandhi

Offline lafont

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #1859 on: June 09, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
Right on!

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #1860 on: June 10, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »

I saw this on the CPC agenda for next week at the corner of Waterloo and E. 156

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/designreview/drcagenda/2017/pdf/NE_Design_Review_Agenda_06-13-17.pdf

8:35am 3. NE 2017-020 15519 Waterloo Rd Demolition (C)
Waterloo Design Review District
Seeking final approval for the proposed demolition of a two story, commercial structure.
Project Representative: Camille Maxwell/Joe Barbaree, Northeast Shores Dev. Corp.

I drive by that building basically every day.  There's zero activity associated with it and if you look at it from the west it doesn't seem structurally sound.  I doubt it's going to be a vacant lot, what with the activity at Classics to its west and Waterloo east of 156th bracketing it, but a lot won't add anything less.

Hell, right now things are so active the owner of the lot behind Callaloo's is starting to charge for parking. 
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #1861 on: June 10, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
^I've watched that building transition over the years.  It originally went through an exterior rehab back in maybe 2003-2005 but it wasn't done well and the building began to look worse just a couple years later.  If this one comes down, I would hope the corner doesn't have a vacant lot forever.  There's been enough that has been torn down on E. 156th that the street doesn't look the same anymore.

It actually seems to me like there's a lot of the old commercial district remaining between Waterloo and Lakeshore (I live north of Lakeshore).  Much of it vacant  storefronts or apparently operating but unsigned ones, but even some of the vacant has upstairs residential occupied.  I'm not sure when Fanny's closed, but it seems quite some time ago (I ate there a couple times when up seeing my brother).  It's still there and externally in decent shape. 
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #1862 on: July 18, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »
What's the average time to tear down a burned out house in Cleveland?

It was two months by me, I was actually a bit surprised it was that fast.
- P. J. O'Rourke

Remove Ads