Poll

How many games will the Cavaliers win in the 2016-17 season?

70 or more
4 (22.2%)
60-69
12 (66.7%)
50-59
2 (11.1%)
40-49
0 (0%)
Fewer than 40
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 02:09:38 PM

Author Topic: Cleveland Cavs Discussion  (Read 745148 times)

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: Cleveland Cavs Discussion
« Reply #8260 on: April 09, 2017, 08:36:10 PM »
Ok anybody just a little worried now after two abysmal losses to Atlanta?  Everybody still think they'll just "flip the switch" in the playoffs?  Other than LBJ I don't believe they're mentally strong enough this year - hope I'm wrong....

I'm worried.   However, they should have won the game in ATL today.  What a horrendous display of officiating all at the end which (after blowing the 20 point lead), ultimately did the Cavs in.
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #8261 on: April 09, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
They're a mess. The officiating was bad for Atlanta too. When I saw the lead slipping away, I turned the game off. That plus the Tribe getting swept make this one sh!tty sports weekend.
"I play to people’s fantasies."
--Donald Trump

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8262 on: April 09, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »
Ok anybody just a little worried now after two abysmal losses to Atlanta?  Everybody still think they'll just "flip the switch" in the playoffs?  Other than LBJ I don't believe they're mentally strong enough this year - hope I'm wrong....

I don't know a single person who thinks the Cavs will win again. They have been borderline unwatchable this season anyhow. This has not been a fun season.

Then again, I'm personally still in a great mood, courtesy of last season's spectacular finale.

Can't change that.

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8263 on: April 09, 2017, 10:05:30 PM »
Too much reliance on the 3, not enough attempts to score in the paint the way teams are scoring on us.  Also, once again, we're getting no push from our bench.  The Cavs had a 26-point lead going into the 4th and should have been on cruise control, but it all unraveled when that Deron Williams'-led bench entered the game.  Only Korver added any punch off the bench.  Shumpert had only 2 points and was -23 for the game.  Our miserable bench has been a ball-and-chain to this team all season long.

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #8264 on: April 10, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
I've never been more disinterested in a Cavs regular season.  Funny how that works.
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8265 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
I've never been more disinterested in a Cavs regular season.  Funny how that works.

I'm jealous, in a way, of the GS fans last year. Their entire season up until game 7 was mass hysteria. Our last two years? Fragility and melodrama.

Anyhow, it's gonna be great when they flip that switch [half-hearted clapping].

And we won last year.

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8266 on: April 10, 2017, 10:42:45 AM »

Makes sense.  If they don't seem to care, why should we?  ... But if this in/out effort adversely affects the team in the playoffs, especially to the extent it results in their early exit, then there will be trouble.

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #8267 on: April 10, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »
^I have to say that I stopped caring before they did.  I used to watch the Cavs religiously.  Every game I would watch live or DVR.  Now I just flip to them every so often and check the score on my phone. 
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8268 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
Hopefully no more injuries and TT comes back, we see more of the performances like we saw last week in Boston. 

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8269 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
^^Yesterday was so weird and awful.  We're hard-pressed to say the starters didn't try... I mean, LeBron and Kyrie combined for, what?  some 72-odd points (too lazy to look it up). I know Kyrie had 45 and LeBron, yet another triple-double before being fouled out by awful officiating... And even though Love didn't score much, he grabbed 15 rebounds... (they tried to foul him out, too, until reviewing the video which showed an obvious blocking foul inside the protected area -- of course, Kevin didn't help matters when he went into Full Brain Lock on that botched in-bounds pass and then choking on that OT one free throw whose miss turned out to be the difference in the final score.)

... it's that damned bench that has killed us time and time again... The starters handed the bench a 26-point lead going into the 4th.  Why shouldn't those guys get a chance to rest especially going into the playoffs. Frankly if NBA players can't protect such a lead with less than a quarter to go, then I question their viability in being in the League -- and this includes the rightfully-praised Richard Jefferson who had a goose egg in 18 minutes of play; and also inconsistent Iman Shumpert and generally terrible Deron Williams.  Obviously their firepower was hampered by the fact that normal benchie Channing Frye was starting for TT.  But yesterday was inexcusable especially given the ramifications with first place in the East on the line.

... and you're right Hts, all of us who deeply care about this team, especially those of us on the road using NBA League Pass (and paying a pretty $$ for it) should feel especially punked by the team when they pull what they have for the last several months and especially these last 2 Atlanta games.

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8270 on: April 17, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »
CAVS still not running on all cylinders, mental lapses, inconsistent....but man are these pretty.

https://www.facebook.com/NBAONTNT/videos/10158747958640724/

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8271 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:37 PM »
I had this dream that the Cavs were getting blown out by 26 by Indiana (25 at halftime), but came back and won going away... No, wait ...

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Reply #8272 on: April 20, 2017, 10:19:31 PM »
I had this dream that the Cavs were getting blown out by 26 by Indiana (25 at halftime), but came back and won going away... No, wait ...

Words can't describe the CAVS play in the first and then in the second half.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:19:52 PM by stpats44113 »

Online CBC

• Just a Gigalo in the "Real Housewives of Cleveland!"
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8273 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:48 AM »
Kudos to LeBron and Lue on that win. They had no reason to be in that game after the first half.
If I were a color, I'd be bitter brown. As in Cleveland Browns fan bitter....

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #8274 on: April 21, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »

I was casually watching the sh!tshow in the first half, and ultimately changed the channel when I saw the Cavs were going into the half down 25. But I checked back on the game in the mid-third quarter and saw they were down only about 13 or 14. So I sat my butt down and paid attention to this game unlike any other this season (I'm usually doing something else when a game is on). Glad I did! What an amazing comeback.

But can LeBron please re-learn how to shoot free throws?? Geez, Tristan is better at the free-throw line nowadays than LBJ!
--Donald Trump

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #8275 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:33 AM »
^He just tried to re-learn by working with Korver.  He changed his stance, but then switched back towards the end last night.  He probably just needs to accept that he will never shoot much better than 75% from the line and stick with whatever form he is most comfortable with.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #8276 on: April 21, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »
I'll take 75%. 50%? Nope.
--Donald Trump

Online BelievelandD1

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8277 on: April 21, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »
i wish i could show you my text thread with my buddies saying that the cavs regular season is the same team that is now in the playoffs all first half last night.  I kept saying, big picture they know they are better than everyone in the east.  I dont think they respect anyone in the East and i dont think they try unless threatened.  i think every series in the playoffs they will look like @$$ but always ultimately be in control of things.  The Finals i assume they know they cannot have spurts like the first half last night.  They will have to bring the second half effort for that entire series.  I honestly just dont think they look at anyone in the East and believe they can beat the Cavs.  I think Washington and Wall has caught Lebron's eye, and not that we are dodging teams...but i honestly think they saw Washington in the 4 spot and were OK with the 2 seed knowing thats the path of least resistance to the finals
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:26:34 AM by BelievelandD1 »

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #8278 on: April 21, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »
I'll take 75%. 50%? Nope.

He is a 74% career FT shooter.  He shot 67% this year.  Like I said, he needs to accept it and stop trying to make adjustments.  Very hard to be a great free throw shooter with hands the size of his.  Not impossible..... but difficult.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #8279 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
Last night he shot 50%
--Donald Trump

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #8280 on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
^Exactly.  He used two different stances.  First the one Korver just taught him and then back to the one he used for a good chunk of the season.  Playoff time is no time to experiment with your form.   

But a lot of those misses came at the end when he was exhausted.  He's always been notorious for missing FTs at the end of a tough game.  The question is why was the inbound play going to him when they knew Indy was going to foul.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:58:49 AM by Hts121 »

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8281 on: April 21, 2017, 12:13:17 PM »
^... and of course we'll never forget after Draymond Green's 'hard foul' of LeBron with 10 seconds left and a 3 point lead in THE GAME, LeBron promptly split the free throw pair.  Fortunately it made it a 2 possession game so that, if Steph had have sank his desperation 3 we still would have had the lead.  Obviously, though, LeBron's hitting both FT's would have allowed us all to breathe a bit easier.  LeBron usually hits just enough FTs to win in big, close games.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8282 on: April 21, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #8283 on: April 21, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"

-Larry Bird.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #8284 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »
Thank you Admiral Yamamoto!
--Donald Trump

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • friends of the highline
« Reply #8285 on: April 22, 2017, 12:01:54 AM »
when bird gets that funny sad sack look on his face you know you are doing something right!
"That whole rural thing. It's a joke." Ed Koch

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8286 on: April 22, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »
Lue sent a message to Kyrie on Thursday: No. 2 can be replaced -- I don't mean permanently, but during this playoff run.  If he has one of those funky games where he hogs the ball/kills the offense, misses shots, lollygags on D and makes a bunch of turnovers on lazy passes, Lue has a viable point guard in the wings in Deron Williams who is battle/playoff tested and who is starting to mesh with LeBron.  Kyrie is a great ball player ... one of the best pg's in the league, but he's not LeBron -- who obviously cannot be replaced by anyone in the league...

I put that miserable first half in Indiana primarily on Kyrie's shoulders.  Kyrie ran the offense and ran it right into the ground ... Lue must have seen it that way too and banished him to the bench early in the 2nd not to be seen again.

Online BelievelandD1

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #8287 on: April 22, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »
^I'm gonna disagree there.  I believe everyone when they say they were riding the hot hands.  Kyrie played poorly but I'm not buying a "message". Everyone knows they stand no chance of winning a title without Kyrie. He did the same thing last year in the finals games 5-7, except he made the shots
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:07:47 PM by BelievelandD1 »

Remove Ads