Author Topic: STICKY: How do I post pix?  (Read 23337 times)

Offline smith

• formerly CorySnyder
  • 771'-Terminal Tower
    • Kevin Smith Photography
Re: STICKY: How do I post pix?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
Any reason I can't add a photo as an attachment to a post?  Do I HAVE to upload it to flicker or other site?  I tried to attach a pic from both my phone and computer as attachment to post and it won't let me.

Edit - figured it out - max size is 200 KB - can we increase this to maybe 1 MB?  Or will that take too much space?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:53:03 AM by smith »

Offline smith

• formerly CorySnyder
  • 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »
Ok maybe this is a server issue, but we really need to consider updating the max size to upload a photo. I can't even upload a photo taken with my phone. Come on UO, you're stifling me! Ha.

Offline richNcincy

• Administrator
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
Ok maybe this is a server issue, but we really need to consider updating the max size to upload a photo. I can't even upload a photo taken with my phone. Come on UO, you're stifling me! Ha.

I've increased it to 1.2mb per uploaded picture.

Offline smith

• formerly CorySnyder
  • 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »

I've increased it to 1.2mb per uploaded picture.

Awesome - thanks @richNcincy !

Offline musky

• SPRAWL KILLS !!!
  • 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Where there is no vision, the people perish.
    • Cleveland vs. The World
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »
Very good news. I often found it difficult cropping and compressing certain images when I did not want to actually host the pic on my flickr. Thankyou very much

Offline smith

• formerly CorySnyder
  • 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
Very good news. I often found it difficult cropping and compressing certain images when I did not want to actually host the pic on my flickr. Thankyou very much

Agreed - hopefully we will see more "real time" phone pics from people (e.g. walking by some development and snapping a few pics from phone and uploading to UO instantly).  I kind of hate the step of uploading to 3rd party website if I just want to post a pic or two.

Offline JYP

• Planning for Urbanism in the 21st Century
  • UO Supporting Moderator
    • Cincinnati's Premier Urban Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
For anyone still using Photobucket, this happened over the weekend:

Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

Want embedded Photobucket images to continue loading in forums or on your website? Be prepared to pay $399 per year.

By
Matthew Humphries
June 30, 2017 9:45AM EST

Embedding images on a website or in a forum post is a very common practice, with those images usually living on one of the many well-known image hosting websites. One such host is Photobucket, but a recent change to its subscription tiers means many millions of images across the Internet are no longer going to load outside of Photobucket's own site.

Photobucket 3rd party hosting broken image

The key feature of a Photobucket account we're talking about here is called "3rd Party Hosting." It allows you to embed images from Photobucket in another location on the Internet, e.g. in a forum post or on a website.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:43:52 AM by JYP »
"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline andrew0816

• Premium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »
So what should we do? I have posted a lot of photo threads over the 9+ years I've been on UO and now all of them have broken links to photobucket. What other hosting sites can I use that are free and won't do what photobucket did? For my previous threads, will I have to transfer ALL of those photos to a new host site? Is there a better way to post images on this site that won't face this sort of dilemma?

Offline musky

• SPRAWL KILLS !!!
  • 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Where there is no vision, the people perish.
    • Cleveland vs. The World
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
You will have to pay their subscription fee to continue using PB.
I suggest using Flickr for future pics sharing. I've been using them for years with no problem

Remove Ads