Author Topic: South Euclid: Development and News  (Read 1316 times)

Offline PoshSteve

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
South Euclid: Development and News
« on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »
Creating a new thread to highlight what is, has been, and will be happening in South Euclid. I started this week as the city's Housing Programs Coordinator and look forward to sharing any news going on, and trying to answer any questions you may have! The guy who I'm replacing is moving on to become the new Economic/Community Development Coordinator - a position they just created.

Since 2010 there has been over $50M in residential construction and improvements, and over $150M in commercial. Some notable things include:

-Planet Fitness will be building a two story (first in NEO) flagship gym to complete the build-out of Cedar Center North
-Construction of the new Marc's plaza on Mayfield is well under way behind the current location. The businesses currently located in the plaza will move with Marc's to the new one before its demoed and two out parcels - one for a restaurant, the other for a bank - will take its place. The rebuild includes the former Burger King on South Green which will be demoed and replaced by a new business.
-Telling Manor is still being turned into a Porcelain Museum now that the library has moved.
-Sanctuary on Green will close and be replaced by a new medical rehabilitation center.
-Oakwood Commons is close to being built-out now with the additions of TJMaxx Homegoods, Burlington and Steak'n'Shake and the final out parcel building will soon be going up.

While now most of this development has been auto-centric and suburban in nature, the city is working to finally update its zoning to form based, or at least institute overlay districts in the main commercial areas to prevent repeats of the above.

More to come :)

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: South Euclid: Development and News
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »
^ Congrats!

Offline urbanmyth

• 0'-Surface Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
That is such a bummer to hear that the Sanctuary on Green will close. Having a wife from Germany, we looked forward every Christmas season to taking the kids there to pick out their tree ornaments. Super bummed to hear this.

Also, I just drove by Oakwood Commons (worst use of land ever btw) today and can not believe that the city allowed the developer to place an out building with the rear of the building facing Warrensville Center Road. It looks terrible, with the back doors facing the street. I felt really bad for the home owners across the street who have to look at this everyday.

I wish you luck in your new position and hopefully you can steer SE in a more design friendly direction.

Offline Clevecane

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:45 AM »
Congrats! When will Sanctuary close?
“This region gave birth to the whole twentieth century, and now it’s being discarded.” - Richard Stuebi, Cleveland Foundation

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
No set date that we know of, but its expected by the end of the summer.

Offline lafont

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:29:50 AM »
Slightly off topic, but the other day, when heading toward Aurora Premium Outlets on 306, I was taken aback when coming across a group of new detatched houses on the west side of 306 also with a long row of rear elevations facing  306.  There was a wall placed such the road would be screened off for the homeowners, but nothing enabling all the drivers on 306 to avoid this mass visual pollution!

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »
Moe's Southwest Grill opens at Oakwood Commons on Thursday. $3 Burritos and the first 50 customers get free burritos for a year.

Offline MidwestChamp

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
^What time does it open Thursday?

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »
^Not sure if they're having any special hours, but looks like regular opening is 11am at their other locations

Remove Ads