Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 263322 times)

taestell, ethlaw, down4cle, jam40jeff and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #9310 on: July 15, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »
^No trump wants Mexico to pay for it.
  How much stupidity is there regarding the wall?!  I love Vincente Fox's youtube jousts with trump. Trump missed his calling as a tv huckster.

Online David

• Premium Member
« Reply #9311 on: July 15, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
That wall is literally the dumbest political idea I've ever heard of. The federal government is going to encounter thousands of eminent domain lawsuits. Even though citizens will all lose, like they always do with eminent domain where uses are truly public, it's going to be a huge waste of time and resources to deal with it and plans for the ridiculous wall will be stalled long after Trump leaves office.
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9312 on: July 15, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
Republican donor kills himself after talking about working with Russian hackers to get Hillary Clinton's emails
Business Insider   
David Choi
Business InsiderJuly 13, 2017

A GOP donor and opposition researcher who said he tried to work with Russian hackers to retrieve deleted emails from a private server used by Hillary Clinton, has died in a suicide, according to public records cited in a Chicago Tribune report.

Peter Smith killed himself days after an interview with The Wall Street Journal in which he said he sought out Russian hackers to try to retrieve some 33,000 deleted Clinton emails and pass them to Michael Flynn, then a campaign adviser to Donald Trump.

MORE:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/republican-donor-kills-himself-talking-021051687.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=fb
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9313 on: July 15, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
Fmr. CIA officer: 'Why does Kushner still have a security clearance? Anyone else would have been fired long ago.'
https://t.co/Z9uGQz528A
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9314 on: July 15, 2017, 11:57:50 AM »
Compulsive liars are not the real problem, compulsive believers are.

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9315 on: July 15, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: Doubt Surfaces About ‘Suicide’ Claim of Clinton Investigator

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/exclusive-doubt-surfaces-about-suicide-claim-of-clinton-investigator/

A Wall Street analyst who spoke to Peter Smith the day before he reportedly committed suicide told the Daily Caller News Foundation there were no indications the Chicago businessman and anti-Clinton political investigator was about to take his life.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9316 on: July 15, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
Ex-Obama official trolls Trump administration: None of us needed lawyers https://t.co/ZHKSMM9YFW

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9317 on: July 15, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
If an American is hit over head with a big sack of drugs flying over the wall, would it be covered by Trumpcare, or would Mexico pay for it? https://t.co/mzKQx8Rroh

Offline jbcmh81

• 771'-Terminal Tower
    • All Columbus Data
« Reply #9318 on: July 15, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
"As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them -- they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over," Trump said. "As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall."

No ******* way.  Can we just invoke the 25th already?

Offline jbcmh81

• 771'-Terminal Tower
    • All Columbus Data
« Reply #9319 on: July 15, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: Doubt Surfaces About ‘Suicide’ Claim of Clinton Investigator

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/exclusive-doubt-surfaces-about-suicide-claim-of-clinton-investigator/

A Wall Street analyst who spoke to Peter Smith the day before he reportedly committed suicide told the Daily Caller News Foundation there were no indications the Chicago businessman and anti-Clinton political investigator was about to take his life.

It took Trumpers way longer than expected to attempt to blame Clinton for yet another death.  You guys are slipping.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9320 on: July 15, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
Aras Agalarov, via daughter Sheila Agalarov, is suddenly selling his New Jersey home. Will the latter flee the U.S.? https://t.co/nTUV7uP41x

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9321 on: July 15, 2017, 07:21:52 PM »
According to the Texas Observer, this is a picture of a geotechnical exploration in the works on Friday afternoon - in South Texas, along the Mexican border:

I always love seeing these rigs as they're one of the earliest visible signs of impending construction. According to sources, the wall proposed for this location will be built atop a levee - so it will be saving American lives in property in more ways than one!

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9322 on: July 15, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »
^ from the source, no funding yet for the wall. 

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9323 on: July 15, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
I still find it odd that the adoption meeting was full of Russian spies but no adoption people. 

lock him up!

Offline 8Titles

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #9324 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »
According to the Texas Observer, this is a picture of a geotechnical exploration in the works on Friday afternoon - in South Texas, along the Mexican border:

I always love seeing these rigs as they're one of the earliest visible signs of impending construction. According to sources, the wall proposed for this location will be built atop a levee - so it will be saving American lives in property in more ways than one!
But the meeting.....about nothing.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9325 on: July 15, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
but but muh walnut saaaaaaauuuuuce

Offline sir2gees

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #9326 on: July 15, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
^^A lot of lying about a "nothing" meeting.

Offline YABO713

« Reply #9327 on: July 15, 2017, 10:37:11 PM »
^^^^ Yeah I lived in El Paso for 18 months. I used to see those rigs quite often, but they're usually there to poke holes about 20-30 feet to check for cartel tunnels.

If a tunnel is detected, theyre referred to ICE and DEA, and they find the end point and await a delivery.
"They tell me of the River Cuyahoga in the Ohio territory; upon it a great city will emerge." - Correspondence of Thomas Jefferson in drafting 'Notes on the State of Virginia'

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9328 on: July 15, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
tunnels????  my transparent, concrete, solar powered wall has been defeated.

Offline jbcmh81

• 771'-Terminal Tower
    • All Columbus Data
« Reply #9329 on: July 16, 2017, 11:17:48 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-paying-don-jr-205745798.html

So if the Trump campaign was already paying for Junior's Russia lawyer last month before the meeting story broke, isn't that just more evidence that they knew there was wrongdoing?  Why pay for a lawyer before even being accused of something? 

Online David

• Premium Member
« Reply #9330 on: July 16, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »
Republican donor kills himself after talking about working with Russian hackers to get Hillary Clinton's emails
Business Insider   
David Choi
Business InsiderJuly 13, 2017

A GOP donor and opposition researcher who said he tried to work with Russian hackers to retrieve deleted emails from a private server used by Hillary Clinton, has died in a suicide, according to public records cited in a Chicago Tribune report.

Peter Smith killed himself days after an interview with The Wall Street Journal in which he said he sought out Russian hackers to try to retrieve some 33,000 deleted Clinton emails and pass them to Michael Flynn, then a campaign adviser to Donald Trump.

MORE:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/republican-donor-kills-himself-talking-021051687.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=fb

Was it really a suicide, though?
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9331 on: July 16, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
^that's what they want you to believe

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9332 on: July 16, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
^ GOP operatives had him killed because he provided WSJ with proof of willingness to collude. 

Online David

• Premium Member
« Reply #9333 on: July 16, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

Drones. Submarines. Messenger Pigeons. There's an endless number of alternatives to physically walking drugs across the border.

It's not really going to make it any harder to be an illegal immigrant, here, either. It's a horrible waste of resources.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:35:28 PM by David »

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #9334 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »

Drones. Submarines. Messenger Pigeons. There's an endless number of alternatives to physically walking drugs across the border.

It's not really going to make it any harder to be an illegal immigrant, here, either. It's a horrible waste of resources.

First thing we have to do is make it illegal to be present in the USA (or perhaps individual states) without authorization.

As for drugs, if there's a demand there's a way.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Online David

• Premium Member
« Reply #9335 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »
^that's what they want you to believe

I picture it like in the movies when someone is shot dead and the killer places the gun next to the person's hand, with a suicide note, nearby.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:00:27 PM by David »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #9336 on: July 16, 2017, 02:27:46 PM »
Imma just drop this little nugget right here. My prediction is that these numbers are going to grow bigly soon.

Offline Clevelander17

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9337 on: July 16, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
Interesting that, shortly after the email exchange setting up the meeting with the Russian lawyer occurred, Trump publicly stated that he would be speaking all about the Clintons' malfeasance in an upcoming speech. That speech never happened, however it appears that the next shoe to drop is that Trump, in all likelihood, knew about his son's meeting at Trump Tower with the Russian lawyer.

Offline YABO713

« Reply #9338 on: July 16, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »
Boris and Natasha in real life.
"They tell me of the River Cuyahoga in the Ohio territory; upon it a great city will emerge." - Correspondence of Thomas Jefferson in drafting 'Notes on the State of Virginia'

Offline YABO713

« Reply #9339 on: July 17, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »
Well... this tweet aged well

Offline YABO713

« Reply #9340 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »
^sorry... the above didn't tweet my picture of Trump's tweet in 2012 complaining about Obama trying to get dirt on Romney
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:57:14 PM by YABO713 »

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #9341 on: July 17, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »
First thing we have to do is make it illegal to be present in the USA (or perhaps individual states) without authorization.

With certain time limited exceptions that only apply to Canadian citizens, it already is illegal to be present in this USA (and all of its states) without some type of authorization.
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #9342 on: July 17, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »

With certain time limited exceptions that only apply to Canadian citizens, it already is illegal to be present in this USA (and all of its states) without some type of authorization.

Is it being suggested that making something illegal with deter people from doing said thing? 

Offline YABO713

« Reply #9343 on: July 17, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »

This is akin to Trump suggesting that it is time to cutting off welfare for illegal aliens, though that law had been on the books already for 20+

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #9344 on: July 18, 2017, 06:11:07 AM »

Someone (here, I think) claimed that was not the case and I looked it up.   The law is clear on illegal entry, but illegal residence is vague.   It should be clarified.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Remove Ads