Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 152012 times)

down4cle, Gordon Bombay, CBC, sir2gees and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #6125 on: April 21, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »
Where was all this BEFORE the election?

Is it possible that these continual, unverified leaks are simply the result of war between Trump and the Intelligence Community?

Is it possible you're too focused on the election and not on the corruptility of supposedly the most powerful person in the world?

I don't think you understand. I'm focused on why this alleged act was kept from the American people.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6126 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:16 AM »
Trump's whining about the ridiculous first 100 days standard.  Maybe because he's done nothing of note in his first 100 days except generate revenue for Trump Organization.

MTOGA

Online CBC

• Just a Gigalo in the "Real Housewives of Cleveland!"
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6127 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:48 AM »
^^There were allegations floating around prior to the election of Trump's loans from Russia, and that article doesn't sound any different than that, an allegation without backing proof. These allegations took on a whole different light as the meetings between Trumps people and the Russian nationals have trickled out.

That being said, the FBI generally doesn't say anything until they have their ducks in a row and can nail you to the cross. HRC email/weiners laptop investigation not included, of course.

I am guessing there are several layers of shell corporations insulating Trump from the Russians in these loans making it hard to conclusively prove they happened. Even though the FBI knows that money left Russia and the same amount ended up in the Trump organizations coffers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:39:56 AM by CBC »
If I were a color, I'd be bitter brown. As in Cleveland Browns fan bitter....

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #6128 on: April 21, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
Shells you say?....

Last summer, a shell company with a bogus address started buying Trump condos. U.S. gov't has been asking questions.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/20/trump-owns-250m-condos-and-you-could-buy-one/100566302/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:32:54 AM by KJP »
"I play to people’s fantasies."
--Donald Trump

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6129 on: April 21, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6130 on: April 21, 2017, 09:32:08 AM »
^ I've heard an expression which loosely defines success as accomplishment/expectation.  Therefore in order to be successful one must either increase the numerator or decrease the denominator.  Guess which one Trump is doing  here?

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #6131 on: April 21, 2017, 10:11:59 AM »
Hypocrisy: invented by Democrats, criminalized by Republicans...

--Donald Trump

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6132 on: April 21, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »
But Common is black, so there's that.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6133 on: April 22, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »
I'm surprised we haven't seen tweets about the failing USA Today after this story:

Trump condos worth $250 million pose potential conflict

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/20/trump-owns-250m-condos-and-you-could-buy-one/100566302/

Offline TBideon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6134 on: April 22, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »
https://bluelivesmatter.blue/pennsylvania-lt-governor-mike-stack/

Pennsylvania Lt. Governor Mike Stack Bashes The Cops Protecting Him, Governor Tom Wolf Shuts Him

A rare moment when a political leader finds his moral compass. The Secretary of the Treasury should take note and follow suit. Trump and his litter should no longer receive a subsidized security detail.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:33:43 PM by TBideon »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #6135 on: April 23, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »
--Donald Trump

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6136 on: April 23, 2017, 03:35:54 PM »
This here is funny.  I don't care who you are.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #6137 on: April 23, 2017, 03:53:13 PM »
As a kid I watched men walk on the moon & dreamed of the future. Thought by 2017 we'd be on Mars, not marching to defend science from idiots.
--Donald Trump

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6138 on: April 23, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »
Donald Trump has 'dangerous mental illness', say psychiatry experts at Yale conference
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-dangerous-mental-illness-yale-psychiatrist-conference-us-president-unfit-james-gartner-a7694316.html

It seems extremely unethical for a mental health professional to diagnose someone without ever having even met them, let alone spoken to them nor seen them in a professional capacity. In a society where mental health issues are stigmatized, this doctor seems to have gone out of his way to make a mockery of his own profession and perpetuate that stigma.

It's sad what some people stoop to when they get mad about politics.

Offline audidave

• 665'-Queen City Square
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #6139 on: April 23, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
My hot take on whether trump is kookoo is that he has taken upon him his 'apprentice' persona full time. So he stays in his character on tv as president.
  If you look at old videos of him in interviews he was a lot more gregarious and lighthearted. He would shoot from the hip but he knew he could get headlines.
 Nowadays he seems so uptight that people are going to catch his act that he can't focus on anything other than himself.
   So i think this is what the psychologists are seeing. Trump will tell bigger and bigger lies going forward. Essentially he is on his way to being a megalomaniac. 
   So he might not be certifiable right now. He still is considered unfit since he is happy to lie about the most trivial and irrelevant things on an ongoing basis repeatedly like the size of his electoral win or inaug crowds. The purpose of the lies are to feed his massive ego. Even if he is just playing this character, that still is not acceptable as presidential standards, norms, and practices. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:54:30 PM by audidave »

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6140 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
Speaking of unethical, it's extremely unethical for a sitting POTUS to talk out of his a$$ about a carrier group.   Trumps loose lips have put the crew of the Carl Vinson in jeopardy (when it finally arrives off the Korean coast), and have caused backlash from our allies in Asia:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/false-narrative-on-u-s-aircraft-carrier-elicits-jeers-in-asia-1492577625?mod=e2tw

Offline Jskinner

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #6141 on: April 24, 2017, 08:44:38 AM »
He's just winging it.  I can't believe his irresponsible statements last week about how Korea was actually part of China.  I bet our allies in Seoul loved that one.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6142 on: April 24, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
Remind me again, why I'm supposed to be nice to people who thought this idiot was a great choice for president.

The idiot thought NATO was obsolete until he realized what they did. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:48:06 AM by down4cle »

Offline Jskinner

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #6143 on: April 24, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »
And this stuff about made up facts to boost his ego is backwards.  His ego does not need boosting.  His ego makes facts.  He has lived his life according to his childhood preacher Norman Vincent Peale who preached "if you believe it, it will happen."  When you are born with a lot of money you can just state things and people will nod their heads and make it happen.  And now there is a part of the media that fuels the alternative facts. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #6144 on: April 24, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
Donald Trump's approval at this stage compared w/last 12 predecessors - going back 3/4 of a century. No one was lower than Trump, with the closest being Ford after Watergate.
https://t.co/aajGOibUE0
--Donald Trump

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6145 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »
Monday morning and Trump is tweeting like mad about THE WALL. 

La distracción de lunes en pleno efecto....

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6146 on: April 24, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
Tweeting about stuff.  That'll get everyone on your side.  This guy is supposed to be the ultimate negotiator...HAHAHAHAHA

Online Gordon Bombay

• Coach Bombay
  • 629'-Rhodes State Tower
  • www.queencitydisco.com
    • Queen City Discovery - Cincinnati and Urban Exploration Photography
« Reply #6147 on: April 24, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
The way this idiot babbles and carries on, how can anyone defend him?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-9-11-approval-ratings-interview-who-with-first-100-days-us-president-world-trade-center-a7698516.html

Republicans, I get it, I used to be one. I watched the 2008 election go to hell after Sarah Palin came in and then watched that party become nothing but a knuckle dragging mess. The GOP needed a candidate to lift it up and someone to rally around, but why take the risk on this moron and who becomes the actual GOP "savior" when Trump is finally too unpopular to handle?

For the record, I still feel that John McCain is a reasonably good person. Even if I don't agree with his stances on some issues, he served and fought for his country and then continued service as a representative of his electorate. He's stood for things and suffered at the hands of the enemy. Donald Trump has done literally nothing except lie, kill off the USFL, and rile up the uneducated with promises of a wall and coal jobs returning. What's the GOP plan for when those things never happen and those voters catch on?
www.queencitydisco.com
^Cincinnati Urban Adventure

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Reply #6148 on: April 24, 2017, 09:28:42 AM »

Did anyone get to read his interview with AP?

I don't have words to describe it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apnews.com/amp/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6149 on: April 24, 2017, 09:32:11 AM »
The way this idiot babbles and carries on, how can anyone defend him?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-9-11-approval-ratings-interview-who-with-first-100-days-us-president-world-trade-center-a7698516.html

Republicans, I get it, I used to be one. I watched the 2008 election go to hell after Sarah Palin came in and then watched that party become nothing but a knuckle dragging mess. The GOP needed a candidate to lift it up and someone to rally around, but why take the risk on this moron and who becomes the actual GOP "savior" when Trump is finally too unpopular to handle?

For the record, I still feel that John McCain is a reasonably good person. Even if I don't agree with his stances on some issues, he served and fought for his country and then continued service as a representative of his electorate. He's stood for things and suffered at the hands of the enemy. Donald Trump has done literally nothing except lie, kill off the USFL, and rile up the uneducated with promises of a wall and coal jobs returning. What's the GOP plan for when those things never happen and those voters catch on?

The GOP plan doesn't matter though, that's assuming they even have a real plan. The more pertinent question is what are the Democrats going to do to unseat this guy?

Online Gordon Bombay

• Coach Bombay
  • 629'-Rhodes State Tower
  • www.queencitydisco.com
    • Queen City Discovery - Cincinnati and Urban Exploration Photography
« Reply #6150 on: April 24, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »
^That is an excellent, excellent question. I wonder who emerges as the left's guiding candidate.
www.queencitydisco.com
^Cincinnati Urban Adventure

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6151 on: April 24, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
^ My prediction is that Trump goes into the 2020 election with a 10% approval rating and still beat Chelsea Clinton in an electoral landslide.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6152 on: April 24, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »
the focus for Dems right now is 2017 state elections.  Governors' races are favorable for Dems.  Then the focus should be on the 2018 midterm.  Flipping the house is doable but he Senate is tougher because the races are favorable to Republicans.  Although the Dems can realistically pick up 2 seats.  Depending how big the dumpster gets, dems have a chance at maybe a 3rd senate seat. 

2020 is a long way out still and candidates sometimes come up quickly (Obama and Trump as examples of this)

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #6153 on: April 24, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #6154 on: April 24, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
Donald Trump has 'dangerous mental illness', say psychiatry experts at Yale conference
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-dangerous-mental-illness-yale-psychiatrist-conference-us-president-unfit-james-gartner-a7694316.html

It seems extremely unethical for a mental health professional to diagnose someone without ever having even met them, let alone spoken to them nor seen them in a professional capacity. In a society where mental health issues are stigmatized, this doctor seems to have gone out of his way to make a mockery of his own profession and perpetuate that stigma.

It's sad what some people stoop to when they get mad about politics.

Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #6155 on: April 24, 2017, 10:03:08 AM »
Trump still beats Hillary if election held today, no surprise.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash-post-poll-hides-trump-still-beats-clinton-43-40/article/2621016

Haha.  Well.... by THAT standard (national popular vote), Hillary beat Trump when it counted. 
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #6156 on: April 24, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
Trump still beats Hillary if election held today, no surprise.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash-post-poll-hides-trump-still-beats-clinton-43-40/article/2621016

Haha.  Well.... by THAT standard (national popular vote), Hillary beat Trump when it counted.
Slice it any way you want, she lost then and would lose now.  That's the only thing that matters.

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #6157 on: April 24, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
67% of Americans say Democratic Party out of touch, again no surprise.  It's going to be a bloodbath in 2018 after tax reform goes through and Obamacare blown up.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/poll-democrats-most-out-of-touch/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:12:45 AM by 8Titles »

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #6158 on: April 24, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »
I'm simply slicing it the way you presented it.  Yes, she lost.  I have never disputed that.  But she did win the popular vote by a fairly wide margin.  That is a fact, no matter how much it ruffles your feathers.  What you are saying is that Trump would win the popular vote if it were held today (assuming that WashPo conducts fair and accurate polls, which you seem to believe it does..... credit to you for admitting that).  But as we learned in November, popular vote means squat.  He could win it by 10 million and still lose the EC.  If you want to show me polls specific to Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, to prove that The Donald would still pull off his razor thin margins of victory in those states which gave him the WH, that might be worthy of discussion.   

Offline audidave

• 665'-Queen City Square
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #6159 on: April 24, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »
A good portion of Trump voters will be 6ft under in 4 years after that 2016 vote.  The others probably will be a whole lot poorer once the GOP gets rid of healthcare.

Remove Ads