Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 293635 times)

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3780 on: February 16, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »
Are people like Ram and EVD even capable of criticising the president? No matter how unprofessional or unhinged he is, they say he performed spectacularly. No matter how much wrongdoing is discovered in his administration, they will always deflect and try to find a way to blame liberals. This is how authoritarians think. They just want Trump to "show the liberals" and they don't care what else he does.

Way back in 1923 there were some early believers after the beer hall putsch....
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Online clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3781 on: February 16, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
^This! ... Yes, Ram and EVD are downright disturbing in their blind loyalty to Trump... Yeah, true believers are how that other guy in the Deutschland got started.

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Reply #3782 on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »
^This! ... Yes, Ram and EVD are downright disturbing in their blind loyalty to Trump... Yeah, true believers are how that other guy in the Deutschland got started.

EVD is dead serious and I worry about his well being. I'm convinced RAM trolls you guys. I think some of his comments are genuine. The latest one...not so much.

Offline gottaplan

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Sidewalk Superintendent extraordinaire
« Reply #3783 on: February 16, 2017, 06:10:58 PM »
REPORTER: "Can you say nobody on your team was dealing with the Russians?"
TRUMP: "Well, I had nothing to do with it."

The buck stops somewhere else.

That's actually not what he said but OK. 

question to Hillary: "Did you have the servers wiped?"

"Like what, with a cloth?"

I know you may not like this news source but there is a video here with a man that looks to be Donald Trump.  If you go to 2:45 in the video you can see this person, who appears to be the president, says those exact words.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-was-asked-repeatedly-if-his-campaign-was-in-contact-with-russia-he-wouldnt-answer-fbea0a5b1ed4#.711r7usc1

Swing and a miss.

Thank you for proving you are obsessed.  Moving on

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3784 on: February 16, 2017, 06:17:02 PM »
^ you don't want to admit you're wrong.  Got it. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3785 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Trump complaining about these leaks is like the wife or husband who says the problem isn't that they cheated, it's that you looked at their phone.
"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for."-- Barack Obama

Online audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #3786 on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
I got a snowflake upset with political cartoons yesterday that were mocking trump's fake news angle. I didn't know he was a republican. He took offense and started sputtering the false equivalency of hillary being just as corrupt or more so than trump. He then stammered off saying my facts are wrong.
   Point being is we are going over facts here. We never had questions with facts with any other president. Trump constantly lies and conflates.
   The reporter called trump out today on the electoral vote being the biggest. Trump just meakly replies, "well that was the information i saw". That is not acceptable. The point being this is a very easily verifiable fact that he has to lie about like it is his golf game. He has stated this lie multiple times over the last several months.
   How is someone that lies so frequently expected to be giving any straight answers?
It can't be just about irking the press and the liberals. His knowledge of uranium appears to be at a 5th grader level. This dude is unfit to be prez.

Offline gottaplan

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3787 on: February 16, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »
^ you don't want to admit you're wrong.  Got it. 

I am wrong.  There, I admitted it.

But the fact that you have a video clip of the press conf and watched to the exact point to prove me wrong...  plus all your other comments in this thread...   well... have fun

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3788 on: February 16, 2017, 07:18:33 PM »
You don't have a comment about his actual comment? 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:25:45 PM by down4cle »

Offline gottaplan

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3789 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:13 PM »
Trump is a mess, I'll admit that.  As much of a $hit show his campaign was, his presidency is off to a worse start than most anyone could imagine.

Having said that, I'll also admit I voted for him.  I was way too anti-Hillary to not take a chance on Trump or anyone else for that matter.  I voted for Obama in '08 and had regret later in his presidency.  I'll probably feel the same way about Trump soon enough but not just yet.

Online sir2gees

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #3790 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »
^I can respect that...

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3791 on: February 16, 2017, 07:33:14 PM »
^^ I can respect that too. 

He is not off to a worse start than I could imagine.  It is exactly how I though it would go.  It only gets worse from here unless he gets rid of the sycophants around him and replaces them with qualified people.

Online eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3792 on: February 16, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »
^^hopefully this will help you

What is it with conservatives thinking that showing YouTube videos of black conservatives somehow proves they are right? My dad has done the same thing. Are black people assumed to be automatically correct in everything they say?
c'mon, how can you not like Diamond & Silk? I have a soft spot in my heart for them ever since they showed up in Painesville for its 9/11 commemoration (along with Eric Trump's wife; and I think that's Lynne Patton on the right, VP of the Eric Trump Foundation) It's not like they were doing anything so distasteful as passing out campaign literature! (at least I don't think they were lol)

Online TBideon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3793 on: February 16, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »
God this made my day...

When you say the inner cities, are you going to include the CBC (Congressional Black Caucus), Mr. President, in your conversations with your urban agenda, your inner city agenda—" American Urban Radio Networks reporter April Ryan asked.

"Am I going to include who?" Trump interrupted.

"Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus—" Ryan said.

"Well, I would. I tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?" Trump said, speaking over her. "Do you want to set up the meeting?"

"No, no, no, I'm just a reporter," Ryan said.

"Are they friends of yours? No, go ahead," Trump continued. "Set up the meeting."

"I know some of them, but I'm sure—" Ryan began.

"Let's go," Trump said. "Set up a meeting
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:24:22 PM by TBideon »

Online audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #3794 on: February 16, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
^So what part of that made your day? It really isn't obvious unless you think maybe that as a black reporter she is asking a gotcha question(she wasn't) and that being a black person she probably has all the other black people's numbers that are congressmen and women(probably not). You clearly are way too easily amused.

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3795 on: February 16, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #3796 on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
God this made my day...

When you say the inner cities, are you going to include the CBC (Congressional Black Caucus), Mr. President, in your conversations with your urban agenda, your inner city agenda—" American Urban Radio Networks reporter April Ryan asked.

"Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus—" Ryan said.

"Well, I would. I tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?" Trump said, speaking over her. "Do you want to set up the meeting?"

"Are they friends of yours? No, go ahead," Trump continued. "Set up the meeting."

Again with the term "Inner Cities" Straight Outta 1993.

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3797 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:37 PM »
CNN is getting under his skin.  Jared has to go beg them to get "better" coverage.   Sad.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jared-kushner-delivers-critique-of-cnn-to-time-warner-executive-1487292962

Offline jbcmh81

• 771'-Terminal Tower
    • All Columbus Data
« Reply #3798 on: February 16, 2017, 10:19:05 PM »
I got a snowflake upset with political cartoons yesterday that were mocking trump's fake news angle. I didn't know he was a republican. He took offense and started sputtering the false equivalency of hillary being just as corrupt or more so than trump. He then stammered off saying my facts are wrong.
   Point being is we are going over facts here. We never had questions with facts with any other president. Trump constantly lies and conflates.
   The reporter called trump out today on the electoral vote being the biggest. Trump just meakly replies, "well that was the information i saw". That is not acceptable. The point being this is a very easily verifiable fact that he has to lie about like it is his golf game. He has stated this lie multiple times over the last several months.
   How is someone that lies so frequently expected to be giving any straight answers?
It can't be just about irking the press and the liberals. His knowledge of uranium appears to be at a 5th grader level. This dude is unfit to be prez.

It's really fascinating how deep the divide is between Trump supporters and the rest of the world.  Most of them seem to be every single bit as out of touch with reality as Trump does.  It literally seems to be that whatever Trump says is true for them, no matter how crazy it is.  I've never seen anything like this outside of television shows about cults. 

As far as his press conference goes... it would've been absolutely hilarious if he wasn't the leader of the free world. 

Offline pontiac51

• 0'-Surface Lot
« Reply #3799 on: February 16, 2017, 11:35:45 PM »
The only reason we're dealing with this disastrous Trump Administration is because of the clueless, incompetent Bernie Sanders millennials who didn't vote for Hillary Clinton!! They evidently hated her so much that they couldn't see the forest through the trees. Look what we've got now. And they have the gall to get on here and other forums/websites and complain about Trump. You people are AMAZING!!!😱 You people should DAMN NEAR have you voting rights taken away!!!

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3800 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:27 AM »
Wow watch Shepard Smith’s reaction to Trump’s “fake news” claims at press conference https://t.co/s0DC9GRul9
"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for."-- Barack Obama

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3801 on: February 17, 2017, 12:51:30 AM »
So there you have it...

Several Hispanic Dems denied entry to meeting with ICE
http://thehill.com/latino/319952-hispanic-dems-barred-from-meeting-with-ice

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:31:26 AM by stpats44113 »

Offline AJ93

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3803 on: February 17, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
^ Nuclear war....solved!
Cleveland: Tell your dame it's the bee's knees! - 327

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #3804 on: February 17, 2017, 06:55:06 AM »
God this made my day...

" I tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?" Trump said, speaking over her. "Do you want to set up the meeting?"

I bolded the most important words.   The rest is media hype, latching on to something they wish was there but isn't.

The most important part of that circus was his talk about the Electoral College.   He stated something on the record as fact that is easily proven false, and he knew or should have known this.

This wrecks the credibility of all his statements where we don’t have the background.   For example, did Cummings really back out?

"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3805 on: February 17, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »
Wow watch Shepard Smith’s reaction to Trump’s “fake news” claims at press conference https://t.co/s0DC9GRul9

Just saw this on a Facebook thread and the response by Trumpkins is "Sheppard Smith is a closet homo".

Really????  There are that many people who have not progressed beyond middle school retorts?   :drunk: :-o

I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #3806 on: February 17, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »
Didn't Smith come out of the closet?
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Reply #3807 on: February 17, 2017, 08:35:07 AM »

He did come out.

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3808 on: February 17, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »
Oh no...is Trump losing Fox News too.  He has already stated that Fox News is great so I must believe that this is true.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/17/pentagon-found-no-documents-approving-flynns-pay-for-russia-tv-appearances.html

and this too...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/16/trump-fully-briefed-on-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-source-says.html

Is Fox starting to steer the ship away from Trump and selling its viewers on Pence?

Online Hootenany

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3809 on: February 17, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »

He did come out.

They even use alternative facts for their insults.

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #3810 on: February 17, 2017, 09:11:42 AM »
The only reason we're dealing with this disastrous Trump Administration is because of the clueless, incompetent Bernie Sanders millennials who didn't vote for Hillary Clinton!! They evidently hated her so much that they couldn't see the forest through the trees. Look what we've got now. And they have the gall to get on here and other forums/websites and complain about Trump. You people are AMAZING!!!😱 You people should DAMN NEAR have you voting rights taken away!!!

And people like you who would apply political tests to basic civil rights are one of the reasons we have a Second Amendment.

This sounds exactly like the Trump loyalists (as opposed to the nose holders) did when it looked like Hillary would win.

The difference was that for all his faults and all the bluster of the orange kool aid drinkers, the campaign sought and found ways to convince the bulk of the right leaning Never Trump people to reach for the olfactory zone.  The Supreme Court was the main way.   The main point is they were never taken for granted.

To be fair, those people were a lot louder and more obstreperous than their left leaning Never Hillary counterparts, who the Dems took for granted.  But they weren’t quiet. 
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3811 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »
I'm Waiting for the fiscal conservatives to get upset about this tidbit:

Over eight years, Obama spent $87M on vacations.
In a month, Trump cost $40M between vacations and Trump Tower security. A MONTH and he's nearly half way to Obama's eight year total.

remember that a lot of this tax payer money is going right into the tax mooch's pocket.

Online Hootenany

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3812 on: February 17, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

In a month, Trump cost $40M between vacations and Trump Tower security. A MONTH and he's nearly half way to Obama's eight year total.

remember that a lot of this tax payer money is going right into the tax mooch's pocket.

Fiscal conservatives will be taking the next 4 years off.  Like they always do under Republican administrations.

Offline Gramarye

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3813 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »

Fiscal conservatives have been justifiably concerned about Trump's policies from the outset.  I think you'll find a lot of fiscal conservatives on the side of E Rocc's "nose holders" (recognizing that a Democratic administration would almost certainly be worse overall, since any number in the budget in the millions is more symbolic than substantive--the billions and trillions are where the action is), but not full-throated loyalists.  Ever since Trump came out during the primary and said that social security and Medicare don't need to be reformed, he's made it pretty clear that he wasn't pitching for the support of fiscal conservatives.  If anything, he's pitching for the support of the budgetary illiterate, a far larger segment of the electorate.

Of course, the interesting thing on the tax side is that he actually offered words in support of progressive taxation even during the Republican primary, which is (to put it mildly) odd during the time when Republicans are trying to out-Republican one another.  But his written tax plan (which he's probably not even read) is as budget-busting as any of the primary candidates', and the real mover on Republican tax policy is likely to remain Paul Ryan simply because Trump doesn't seem to care enough.  If he came out in defense of progressive taxation again, it would be interesting to see where the chips would fall on both sides of the aisle.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:30:20 AM by Gramarye »

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Banned!
« Reply #3814 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
^ I agree with your comment but I cannot understand why congressional fiscal conservatives like Paul Ryan have yet to speak out against him.  I do follow many principled conservatives on Twitter that are going after Trump on many issues.  But I think Congressional Republicans need to grow a spine.

Remove Ads