Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 186939 times)

down4cle, rockandroller, stpats44113, bfwissel, audidave, CBC, Urbanophile (+ 1 Hidden) and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online sir2gees

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3745 on: February 16, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »
^It's unbelievable...

Online eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3746 on: February 16, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
He just reached out to the African-American community and again delineated the great social and racial divide in the inner cities. Against insurmountable odds he's trying to address that. I don't know what the criticism is.

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #3747 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »
^He reached out to the black community? How so?  By telling them how bad and horrible their community is?  What has he done for the black community that has not been done by past presidents?  Don't speak in generalities.... be specific.

Back to the presser, I give him credit for throwing himself into the fire.  I don't think he had much choice at this point, but I give him credit.  That said, he does sound like a petulant child responding to these questions.  This is going to do nothing to stem his growing reputation as being thin-skinned and astonishingly insecure. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:17:45 PM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Online eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3748 on: February 16, 2017, 02:24:10 PM »
^well, since so many problems still exist especially in the poorest black communities obviously those presidents did not do enough to sufficiently address the problem. And what do you mean "what has he done for the black community?" He's only been in office for 3 weeks!! He's been reaching out to meet with black leaders for months, but if he's going to get nothing but obstructionism from highly politicized Congressional Democrats who won't even acknowledge he's legitimately the president then he won't be able to get anything done.

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #3749 on: February 16, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
So he's done nothing and, per your estimation, he will do nothing.

BTW, to your "he's only been in office for three weeks", didn't I just hear him say that he has accomplished more in that timeframe than any other POTUS?  He just read off a list of what he has supposedly accomplished.  Wonderfully, fantastic things in his own opinion.  Surely he has done something to address what he deems to be such a dire situation.  You can go back and review the transcript and revise your answer when you find something you think might be useful.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:31:36 PM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #3750 on: February 16, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »
^well, since so many problems still exist especially in the poorest black communities obviously those presidents did not do enough to sufficiently address the problem. And what do you mean "what has he done for the black community?" He's only been in office for 3 weeks!! He's been reaching out to meet with black leaders for months, but if he's going to get nothing but obstructionism from highly politicized Congressional Democrats who won't even acknowledge he's legitimately the president then he won't be able to get anything done.

These problems are the result of poverty rather than race. White poor communities are a total train wreck right now.

Online eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3751 on: February 16, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
^^hopefully this will help you
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:39:44 PM by eastvillagedon »

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • friends of the highline
« Reply #3752 on: February 16, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
that was the worst, most frightening press conference ive ever heard from anyone, much less a potus. the guy has lost his marbles, if he ever had any. how many times can he repeat himself? and worse, bring up nukes for no reason? we can only hope he is getting and following good advice behind the scenes, or we are in a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:50:00 PM by mrnyc »
"That whole rural thing. It's a joke." Ed Koch

Online audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #3753 on: February 16, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »
^^Nice video of a couple ladies that have watched way too much of Faux news. Blame immigrants. Blame Democrats from 150 years ago. Pretty pathetic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:55:34 PM by audidave »

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #3754 on: February 16, 2017, 03:05:32 PM »
^^^You want me to watch a video by "Diamond" and "Silk"?  Where are their co-workers, Trinity and Star.  I'm hesitant.  How about you just summarize for us what they think PTD has done for the black community in these three weeks of bigly yuge accomplishments. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:05:54 PM by Hts121 »

Online sir2gees

« Reply #3755 on: February 16, 2017, 03:05:32 PM »
^^What is Donald Trump going to do for the "blacks?" He thinks most African-Americans live in the inner city and more police will solve all their problems. Right there tells you he doesn't have a clue and really doesn't care. May be he can appoint Frederick Douglass to help him with African-American outreach.

Offline AJ93

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3756 on: February 16, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »
Yesterday he solved anti-semitism. Today, he solved healthcare. Bigly!

"We’ve begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It is’s disaster. I know you can say, oh, Obamacare. I mean, they fill up our alleys with people that you wonder how they get there, but they are not the Republican people our that representatives are representing."

I say words. Some of those words are the best words. You reporters won't report that, but I have the best words. Everyone says so. Also, I have spoken more words than any other President.
Cleveland: Tell your dame it's the bee's knees! - 327

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #3757 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »
^^I wish it was "more police" he was proposing, but it's not.  He wants to create militarized zones and he wants to insulate police for any unlawful actions.  If he wants to make some sort of proposal that will put 500 more cops on the streets of his favorite city, Chicago, I doubt he will face much opposition from across the aisle.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:08:30 PM by Hts121 »

Online sir2gees

« Reply #3758 on: February 16, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »
^Agree...

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3759 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:38 PM »
REPORTER: "Can you say nobody on your team was dealing with the Russians?"
TRUMP: "Well, I had nothing to do with it."

The buck stops somewhere else.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3760 on: February 16, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
The people raising issues at House GOP Town Hall meetings are not Republicans and therefore house Republicans don't represent them.  - Trump Logic
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:28:38 PM by down4cle »

Offline gottaplan

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Sidewalk Superintendent extraordinaire
« Reply #3761 on: February 16, 2017, 03:37:01 PM »

That's actually not what he said but OK. 

question to Hillary: "Did you have the servers wiped?"

"Like what, with a cloth?"

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #3762 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »
^A ridiculous answer by Hillary.  Back to Trump now?

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3763 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »

Would you care to correct his quote?

Hillary is irrelevant.  Don't pivot like Putin's puppet.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3764 on: February 16, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
Trump:  The leaks are real but the news is fake.

hmmmm... something seems like it isn't right here

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3765 on: February 16, 2017, 03:45:57 PM »
Peter Alexander's live in person fact check was great. Trump is clueless.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3766 on: February 16, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »
Asked about attacks on synagogues, Trump tells Jewish reporter to be quiet.  He can't upset his anti-semitic voting bloc.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:10:06 PM by down4cle »

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3767 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »

I know you may not like this news source but there is a video here with a man that looks to be Donald Trump.  If you go to 2:45 in the video you can see this person, who appears to be the president, says those exact words.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-was-asked-repeatedly-if-his-campaign-was-in-contact-with-russia-he-wouldnt-answer-fbea0a5b1ed4#.711r7usc1

Swing and a miss.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:25:55 PM by down4cle »

Online sir2gees

« Reply #3768 on: February 16, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »
Like I said...he doesn't care about African-Americans.

Congressional Black Caucus: We wrote Trump a letter, but he never responded

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) on Thursday said it wrote a letter to President Trump asking for a meeting on Jan. 19, but he "never wrote back." The CBC made the remark after Trump asked a veteran African-American reporter for help with setting up the meeting.“Tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?" Trump said to April Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks."Are they friends of yours? Set up — set up the meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus. Let’s go. I think it’s great,” Trump said. Trump made the comments after Ryan asked if he would include the CBC in conversations on his "inner-city agenda."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319958-congressional-black-caucus-we-wrote-trump-a-letter-but-he-never

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #3769 on: February 16, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3770 on: February 16, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
Trump claimed to have the biggest electoral college win since Reagan.  I guess that's true if you exclude Bush 41, Clinton 2x, and Obama 2x.  He lies about everything.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3771 on: February 16, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
Sean Hannity lives in a fantasy world where Trump smacked down the media.  I thought I was watching Alec Baldwin doing a cold opening to SNL.  But nobody with an IQ above 2 digits takes Hannity seriously.  Unfortunately for us there's a lot of voters in the intelligence range.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:39:14 PM by down4cle »

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3773 on: February 16, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
This was a spectacular press conference and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I love the way President Trump treats the dishonest reporters he still lets attend these things:

Trump goes on marathon rant against the media

http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/trump-goes-on-rambling-rant-against-the-media/

“I’m here again to take my message straight to the people,” Trump said. “As you know, our administration inherited many problems across government, and across the economy.

“To be honest, I inherited a mess — at home and abroad — a mess,” said the president, who has served for less than a month, adding that “ISIS has spread like cancer. Another mess I inherited.”

“The press has become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people,” said Trump.

“The press is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control,” he added.

Compare the leading, antagonizing, brutal questions Trump routinely gets to this hardball Obama got from the failing New York Times at his 100 day press conference (which, in Trump time, is about 3 weeks so comparable to now):

"During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office? Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?"

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3774 on: February 16, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »
^ deflection.  Obama wasn't embroiled I'm a scandal involving collusion with a foriegn state in his first 100 days either. 

It's like saying the Browns get more negative coverage than the Steelers.  Yeah, it's the media narrative that ducks not trump.  Quit dreaming and tell Flynn to lawyer up.

Online Urbanophile

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #3775 on: February 16, 2017, 05:17:13 PM »
Are people like Ram and EVD even capable of criticising the president? No matter how unprofessional or unhinged he is, they say he performed spectacularly. No matter how much wrongdoing is discovered in his administration, they will always deflect and try to find a way to blame liberals. This is how authoritarians think. They just want Trump to "show the liberals" and they don't care what else he does.

Online sir2gees

« Reply #3776 on: February 16, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »
Trump looked like a bumbling fool. You Trump supporters can spin it all you want. I love how the press treats a dishonest president.

Offline mu2010

• Back in CLE
« Reply #3777 on: February 16, 2017, 05:25:37 PM »
^^hopefully this will help you

What is it with conservatives thinking that showing YouTube videos of black conservatives somehow proves they are right? My dad has done the same thing. Are black people assumed to be automatically correct in everything they say?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:26:10 PM by mu2010 »

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3778 on: February 16, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »
^^he should attack the media and intelligence community more.  It seems like a great strategy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:26:51 PM by down4cle »

Online Mr Sparkle

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #3779 on: February 16, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »
This was a spectacular press conference and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I love the way President Trump treats the dishonest reporters he still lets attend these things:

Trump goes on marathon rant against the media

http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/trump-goes-on-rambling-rant-against-the-media/

“I’m here again to take my message straight to the people,” Trump said. “As you know, our administration inherited many problems across government, and across the economy.

“To be honest, I inherited a mess — at home and abroad — a mess,” said the president, who has served for less than a month, adding that “ISIS has spread like cancer. Another mess I inherited.”

“The press has become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people,” said Trump.

“The press is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control,” he added.

Compare the leading, antagonizing, brutal questions Trump routinely gets to this hardball Obama got from the failing New York Times at his 100 day press conference (which, in Trump time, is about 3 weeks so comparable to now):

"During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office? Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?"
Trump's views on the Media are well known. So why the need to spend a good deal of a press conference rehashing that and going on an attack. At some point he may have to start answering questions ya know

Remove Ads