Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 122279 times)

molleraj, rockandroller and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline gottaplan

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Sidewalk Superintendent extraordinaire
The Trump Presidency
« on: November 11, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
It's time for this election thread to wind down and start a "Trump Presidency" thread...

For reference, here are links to the previous threads:

The 2008 Presidential Election and The Obama Presidency thread
http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,17531.0.html

The 2016 Presidential Election thread
http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,28680.0.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:36:25 PM by Eighth and State »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
Trump hasn't won anything yet. He didn't win the popular vote and the electoral college hasn't voted for him yet. And even if those things happen AND he is sworn in, this guy says he won't be around for long....

‘Prediction professor’ who called Trump’s big win also made another forecast: Trump will be impeached
http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAkbsjd?ocid=sf
"I play to people’s fantasies."
--Donald Trump

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 06:48:01 PM »
I think the Trump presidency is inevitable.  The electoral college vote is a mere formality.  I think the opposition should channel the energy of protesting into organizing and preparing for midterm elections.  My family has started recurring donations to liberal causes.  I encourage other like minded people to do the same.

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:54:32 PM »
Has Trump taken time to condemn this yet?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/kkk-donald-trump-north-carolina-2016-election/index.html

Or is his Twitter account just to condemn unfair protesting against him.  Sad.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »
This guy said he's going to be making a lot of these in the coming days and weeks and years, posted at http://trickedbytrump.tumblr.com/
https://t.co/7Kyi819Bkv
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:15:39 PM by KJP »
--Donald Trump

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 07:20:01 PM »
"I'm just sick to my stomach"
Gregg Popovich uncensored: Full transcript of thoughts on Donald Trump
http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Gregg-Popovich-uncensored-Discusses-the-10609311.php
--Donald Trump

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »
I think the Trump presidency is inevitable.  The electoral college vote is a mere formality.  I think the opposition should channel the energy of protesting into organizing and preparing for midterm elections.  My family has started recurring donations to liberal causes.  I encourage other like minded people to do the same.

I don't mind the protesters--it's their right to express their dismay that a minority of the population imposed the will of a racist, unqualified idiot to lead us all.     I do hope they keep it classy and the small minority that are causing damage and violence go away. 

But their voices must be heard--IMO the more he hears, the more he will be forced to go running for the center, as witnessed already in backing off Obamacare (I'm sure their are heads exploding in the GOP Congressional ranks!).

It will be interesting to see what his inaugural parade becomes.   I'm already hearing rumors of a "Million Pussy" march....
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
So if we should talk about him like he's president, shouldn't he start acting like one?

“President-elect” Donald Trump didn’t bother to show up to any Veterans Day events today
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/president-elect-donald-trump-didnt-bother-to-show-up-to-any-veterans-day-events-today/26606/
--Donald Trump

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 07:39:07 PM »

I don't mind the protesters--it's their right to express their dismay that a minority of the population imposed the will of a racist, unqualified idiot to lead us all.     I do hope they keep it classy and the small minority that are causing damage and violence go away. 

But their voices must be heard--IMO the more he hears, the more he will be forced to go running for the center, as witnessed already in backing off Obamacare (I'm sure their are heads exploding in the GOP Congressional ranks!).

It will be interesting to see what his inaugural parade becomes.   I'm already hearing rumors of a "Million Pussy" march....

Don't misunderstand me.  I fully support the protests and I hope they continue and grow.  I then hope that energy will lead to organization and action. 

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »
So if we should talk about him like he's president, shouldn't he start acting like one?

“President-elect” Donald Trump didn’t bother to show up to any Veterans Day events today
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/president-elect-donald-trump-didnt-bother-to-show-up-to-any-veterans-day-events-today/26606/

He doesn't need to pander to losers that didn't get medical deferrals for heel spurs anymore.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:40:18 PM by down4cle »

Offline X

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:20 AM »
A question for anyone complaining / protesting about the electoral college - if Trump won the popular vote buy lost the electoral vote would you still be protesting? If not, you don't actually care about it you're just bias.

Will you still be defending it if some of the electors decide not to cast their votes for Trump?

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 04:24:14 AM »
You guys need to learn to accept that Trump was democratically elected. Stop whining.
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 06:11:38 AM »
I can never accept him as my president. He'd have to be a human first. F--- that piece of sh!t.

Meanwhile, in the shocker of all shockers, he's not rejecting Washington insiders. He's hiring them...

Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They’re on His Transition Team
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html?_r=0
--Donald Trump

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 06:31:48 AM »
There's nothing unfair with the current system. I can't speak to the complexity of how it was devised, but the Electoral College appears to act as a check/balance for the entire nation by giving a more equal voice to parts of the country that otherwise would be subsumed in elections by areas with highly concentrated populations. How fair would it be, for instance, if New York City was permitted to pick the mayor of Cleveland, and election after election this would happen because NY's population is, of course, many times that of Cleve. I know that's not a good analogy, but this is why the Electoral College acts as a safeguard against that degree of power held by only certain areas of the country.

Actually, the primary purpose of the EC, as contemplated by those who devised it, was to make sure a populist nut job was never elected President. That's why 538 people, not the entire nation, are the only votes which count. Just saying....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:38:16 AM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:02 AM »
You guys need to learn to accept that Trump was democratically elected. Stop whining.

I personally haven't whined one bit, but just curious.  Did you tell Trump supporters to stop whining throughout the entire election about all those rigged system and bias fears which didn't come to fruition?  And he hasn't been elected yet. Plus, if we lived in a pure democracy, he wouldn't have been elected at all, and neither would've Bush in 2000. I think it is fair for the side which has won the pop vote 2 of the last 3 times it lost the WH to gripe a bit about this "rigged system"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:37:49 AM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »
While I can't say that I'm happy Trump was elected as I was not a supporter, I can say that I'm uber ecstatic that the scumbag Clinton's won't be allowed back in the WH.  The last thing we needed was Bill hanging out in his PJ's like Hue Hefner chasing interns around the WH in between his $500K speaking engagements.  While Hillary and her cronies worked to bring more of the private sector under government control allowing for even more and deeper corruption.

Now that Trump will be the next president, here's my wish list to get working on:

1. Slow the gravy train from a geyser to a trickle, incentivize people to contribute to society.
2. Cut taxes for everyone, allowing for economic expansion and jobs for anyone who "wants to" work, especially those who are taken off the government gravy train.  Simply grow the economy.
3. Align with any & all against radical Islam and those that support them.  Going down the same path we were on would've lead to all out war in the region within 5 years.
4. Get illegal immigration under at least moderate control, physical wall not that big a deal for me.
5. Balance fiscal budgets and begin paying off the $20,000,000,000,000 Chinese credit card.
6. Convert Obamacare into Commonsensecare, basically slice off the stupid parts of it that are causing rates to skyrocket for everyone, especially for small business owners.
7. Rebuild the military with new weaponry and a bigger active duty force to the point where the US military acts as a deterrent, preventing wars from ever beginning.
8. Create more safeguards to prevent special interests and corrupt politicians from controlling the country.
9. Review of treaties & alliances, separate our true friends from nothing more than check cashers, stop giving away hard-earned money for nothing.
10. Appoint Supreme Court judges that will protect the constitution, not create a new one.

That's my starter list, could care less "how" he does these things, just get them done.

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 07:26:03 AM »
I think anyone who has ever been on this mystical government gravy train would tell you it's not so gravy

And you might not care how it gets done, but cutting taxes and increasing military spending at the same time is simply not realistic. Nor is keep all the good parts of the ACA while getting rid of the ill effects which are caused by the good/popular parts.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:29:10 AM by Hts121 »

Online Htsguy

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 07:30:07 AM »
^I was more struck by the mis-statement that Obamacare is some how hurting small business owners.

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »
Oh, General Assistance cash welfare payments still totally exist guys, for real

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 07:30:44 AM »
Funny you say that a wall with Mexico is not that big of a deal for you, and yet in the very next sentence you want us to pay off our "$20 trillion Chinese credit card. Does that mean you want the wall? Or you don't care if its built or not?

Either way, I suggest building the wall and paying off the credit card are incompatible, unless you really do want big government. The tax increase for accomplishing these two mammoth expenditures would be rather large, I suspect. Oh, that's right, you don't care how this list gets done, as long as it gets done.

Rebuild the military with new weaponry and a bigger active duty force to the point where the US military acts as a deterrent, preventing wars from ever beginning.

What, having the largest military in the world isn't enough of a deterrent?

Appoint Supreme Court judges that will protect the constitution, not create a new one.

https://www.reference.com/government-politics/constitution-called-living-document-35baba394719fdd8
Why is the Constitution called a "living document?"
QUICK ANSWER
The Constitution of the United States is referred to as a "living document" because it the architects of the document intended for it to be adapted by future generations. It is because it is adaptable, that amendments could be ratified, or added to it.

Furthermore, interpretations of words and beliefs change over time. There are those who now believe the Founding Fathers were fundamental Christians and thus the Constitution should be considered as a dogmatic Christian document. However some of the Founding Fathers were actually Diests! That's OK. The religious nuts who don't like history usually create a new one.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:32:54 AM by KJP »
--Donald Trump

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
I think anyone who has ever been on this mystical government gravy train would tell you it's not so gravy

Exactly, that's why we need to get people off of it by creating jobs (with adequate health insurance) that gets them off it.  Growing the number and flow of the GGT like Obama did for 8 years while the income gap between the richest and poorest grew further is not the answer, most people just want to work, they just need that opportunity.

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 07:50:50 AM »
$20 Trillion chinese credit card....lol.

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 07:55:22 AM »
Funny you say that a wall with Mexico is not that big of a deal for you, and yet in the very next sentence you want us to pay off our "$20 trillion Chinese credit card. Does that mean you want the wall? Or you don't care if its built or not?

Either way, I suggest building the wall and paying off the credit card are incompatible, unless you really do want big government. The tax increase for accomplishing these two mammoth expenditures would be rather large, I suspect. Oh, that's right, you don't care how this list gets done, as long as it gets done.

Rebuild the military with new weaponry and a bigger active duty force to the point where the US military acts as a deterrent, preventing wars from ever beginning.

What, having the largest military in the world isn't enough of a deterrent?

Appoint Supreme Court judges that will protect the constitution, not create a new one.

https://www.reference.com/government-politics/constitution-called-living-document-35baba394719fdd8
Why is the Constitution called a "living document?"
QUICK ANSWER
The Constitution of the United States is referred to as a "living document" because it the architects of the document intended for it to be adapted by future generations. It is because it is adaptable, that amendments could be ratified, or added to it.

Furthermore, interpretations of words and beliefs change over time. There are those who now believe the Founding Fathers were fundamental Christians and thus the Constitution should be considered as a dogmatic Christian document. However some of the Founding Fathers were actually Diests! That's OK. The religious nuts who don't like history usually create a new one.
I don't care how he gets my list done, just do it..

* I have no issues with adding amendments to the constitution, just with changing existing one's.
* If the US is going to protect Eastern Europe (like you're always flailing around about), protect Asia from communist China and North Korea, protect Israel and US friendly allies in the Middle East, and otherwise protect the American way of life, we need a MUCH larger military than other countries.  If we don't care about those things, shrink it..  Can't have both.
* Don't care about a wall in Ohio, but probably would if I lived in Texas, NM, AZ.  Anyway, just get illegal immigration under control, at least pretend to care unlike Obama.
* Yes, pay off the Chinese CC that Obama rang up by balancing budgets and then some.

A couple others I forgot:

* Enforce trade deals, then sign better one's
* Incentivize (or penalize) US based global companies to hire American workers, not Indians, Eastern Eurpoeans, Central Americans.
* Cut government sponsored programs and initiatives that add no value to society, other than push their own little initiatives.

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
you keep mentioning the Chinese credit card which leads me to believe that you do not know who actually holds the vast majority of national debt.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:59:27 AM by down4cle »

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
you keep mentioning the Chinese credit card which leads me to believe that you do not know who actually holds the vast majority of national debt.
Ok fine, replace "$20T Chinese CC" with "$20T national debt", good grief..

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 08:10:44 AM »
God forbid that you should include facts in your rant.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:11:03 AM by down4cle »

Offline Gordon Bombay

• Coach Bombay
  • 629'-Rhodes State Tower
  • www.queencitydisco.com
    • Queen City Discovery - Cincinnati and Urban Exploration Photography
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 09:04:47 AM »
A question for anyone complaining / protesting about the electoral college - if Trump won the popular vote buy lost the electoral vote would you still be protesting? If not, you don't actually care about it you're just bias.

^ President-Elect Trump Whoever was controlling Trump's Twitter account at the time had some very eloquent comments about the few peaceful protest

FTFY.

I think this one was the man himself, it has that telltale style of burying a slight insult in a sarcastic compliment that he's always had since before he had a presidential staff around.

I'm gonna wager it wasn't. It replaced the "very unfair," tweet that was deleted which was in Trump's style.
www.queencitydisco.com
^Cincinnati Urban Adventure

Offline 8Titles

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 09:35:41 AM »
Let the backpedaling begin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-aides-hedge-on-major-pledges-including-obamacare-and-the-wall/2016/11/11/9196b364-a82f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_transition-810pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Uh oh, he's backing off on all that stuff the hillbillies liked already
Stereotyping people who voted for Trump, nice.  Just more of the typical hypocritical phony type stuff that define so many Lib's.  If anyone on this board would stereotype Obama voters in a similar manner, they'd be banned.  But that's just how Lib's roll..

Getting back to Trump and him backing off of some of the grandiose promises is not a surprise to me and is why I was not a Trump supporter, but rather in the "anyone but Hillary" camp.  Trump knew and knows he'll have to make "deals" in order to get his most precious initiatives pushed through.  I just hope the things he doesn't waiver on are those things most important to the American people; economy, jobs, national security, removing corruption, etc..

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »
^There's a difference between the hillbilly Trump voters and the non-hillbilly ones. You self-stereotyped.

Offline down4cle

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »
So you're saying that he had a different public vs private position on issues.?

Offline Clevelander17

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
Stereotyping people who voted for Trump, nice.  Just more of the typical hypocritical phony type stuff that define so many Lib's.  If anyone on this board would stereotype Obama voters in a similar manner, they'd be banned.  But that's just how Lib's roll..

Would it have been better if he were more specific? For instance, perhaps he should have said that Trump is backing off on the ideas that the KKK wing of the GOP strongly supports.

Offline unusualfire

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 09:48:37 AM »
We ourselves do.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 09:55:52 AM »
I can never accept him as my president. He'd have to be a human first. F--- that piece of sh!t.

Meanwhile, in the shocker of all shockers, he's not rejecting Washington insiders. He's hiring them...

Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They’re on His Transition Team
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html?_r=0

It seems like he's basically making moves that will try to appease as many people as possible, to be a 'president for everybody.' He could be a sellout, too. I don't know, but I think it's too early to tell. He's doing a lot of things that wouldn't appeal to his core base. In addition to this, I've also heard that he spoke to South Korean leaders and assured them that we would continue to keep our military over there and support them in their defense against the threat of North Korea. This is a globalist move that runs counter to what he told his supporters, which was that we're wasting a lot of money by doing so and that if they want our help, they're going to have to pay a lot of money. He may have prevented their stock market from crashing by having that conversation.

Yet, to some of you, if the president-elect isn't on 'your team,' there's simply no good move that he / she could make. It's a lose-lose situation. They are either promoting policies you didn't vote for or they proved to be phony / liars who weren't true to their word. Democrats were appalled by the idea that Donald Trump said he might not secede but now I see Democrats who not only aren't willing to secede but are promoting protests that are turning into riots which is further dividing this country. I understand the frustration but you have to give him a real chance first, before you go nuts about it. Consider that maybe our system elected him for reason and think positive; at least for now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:56:52 AM by David »
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Remove Ads