Author Topic: Dayton: South Park: Development and News  (Read 1561 times)

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
Dayton: South Park: Development and News
« on: February 18, 2016, 04:11:38 PM »
$10M South Park mixed-use project close to starting

A major project in the South park neighborhood of Dayton is close to beginning.

The Flats at South Park development, a mixed-use project proposed along Warren Street between Miami Valley Hospital and Coco's Bistro, could break ground by May, said Steve Budd, president of CityWide Development Corp. which has been working the project.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2016/02/18/10m-south-park-mixed-useproject-close-to-starting.html
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
Re: Dayton: South Park: Development and News
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
$10M South Park development passes key hurdle

A $10 million South Park development in Dayton passed a key hurdle Tuesday night, ending a months-long standoff about a drive-through on the property.

Dayton's Board of Zoning Appeals approved all but one variance for the first phase of the Flats at South Park mixed-use project along Warren Street at Burns Avenue, with a number of conditions to address residents' concerns about a drive-through planned on the north side of the building. The project, years in the works, has gone through a number of iterations.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/blog/morning_call/2016/06/10m-south-park-development-passes-key-hurdle.html
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline edale

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:11 AM »
Damn, that's a hideous looking building. Looks like a university dorm from the 1960s. And we think we get bad infill in Cincinnati...

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:47:39 AM »
You do get bad infill in Cincinnati.

Offline edale

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »
You do get bad infill in Cincinnati.

No argument here.  But this is worse by several orders of magnitude.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:52:03 AM by edale »

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
I don't disagree that this is a bad, boring basic design...but if you think this is magnitudes worse than half the stuff on McMillan (i.e. Campus Park), Corryville, or Columbia-Tusculum (i.e. anything along Columbia Pkwy), then we clearly have a different set of eyes.

Offline edale

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:04:23 AM »
^I'm not trying to be an a$$, and I realize that it's great for infill to be occurring in Dayton, basically regardless of design, but this rendering just seems awful.  It's one solid mass of a building, with no variation in height, color, materials.  It's got no articulation of a corner, no cornice or anything at the top of the building, no balconies, and the windows seem very small.  It literally reminds me of the OSU north campus dorms that are now being replaced.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 01:44:03 PM »
Again, I don't disagree that it's a basic, boring brick design.  The "a$$" part was And we think we get bad infill in Cincinnati......which is clearly incorrect.  And for the record, those North Campus dorms at OSU are "magnitudes" better (quality, crispness, texture) than that McMillan/Corryville/Columbia Pkwy stuff.  Bottom line is, it's just a brick box in South Park.  Not offensive, not bad, not good.

Offline sligorover

• 279'-First Energy Center
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
Flats at South Park development ready to begin

Construction on the long-discussed Flats at South Park gets underway in the next couple of weeks, and developers say it will be the first of several projects that will help enhance and extend the Brown Street corridor north toward downtown.

(Article in DDN 1/16; can't post link)

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »
^Here ya go.

South Park project takes off

Construction on the long-discussed Flats at South Park gets underway in the next couple of weeks, and developers hope it will be the first of several projects that help extend the Brown Street corridor north toward downtown.

More below:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/south-park-project-takes-off/meIp6vesG5ElZ2iO09uf9K/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:36:01 PM by ColDayMan »

Online BigDipper 80

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
I just noticed they broke ground on the above project. There's a fence up and they've been moving dirt around.

Online Brutus_buckeye

• 947'-Key Tower
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
don't forget about all the good things that Step Ladder Properties is doing in the area.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
Historic Dayton cemetery to embark on $3.5M restoration project

Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, which dates back to 1841, will embark on a $3.5 million facelift. The historic Dayton cemetery is raising funds for the restoration and preservation of three historic structures on the cemetery property.

The 130-year old structures are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and the cemetery, itself, is listed as a National Historic District by the U. S. Department of the Interior.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2017/09/13/historic-dayton-cemetery-to-embark-on-3-5m.html

Remove Ads