Author Topic: Cutting the Cord  (Read 4945 times)

Offline DarkandStormy

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
Re: Cutting the Cord
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-doesnt-need-netflix-143517599.html

Disney is going to break off and start up their own streaming service it appears.

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
This is going to wind up like the al a carte TV everyone fantasizes about except every channel will be $10 a month.

Offline moonloop

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 07:31:17 PM »
One thing I recently noticed with my cable (spectrum) is most of the channels I watch have their shows on demand. So now I'm seriously questioning the need for the DVR service. Right now I'm leaning toward bare bones cable while subscribing to a streaming service for short periods of time.

I have Amazon Prime free for 6 months thanks to a Sprint offer(along with Tidal for another 6 months for music streaming). Just finished a show called Patriot that was pleasantly very good but I don't think there's too many Prime must watch shows and will drop it after the 6 months.

I currently have DirectTV Now free for a month including HBO(for GOT). I'll pay for one month to finish up GOT and catch up on some VOD shows(The Young Pope and Leftovers) then I'll drop it. DirectTV Now is interesting but initially I had serious connection issues but it has settled down substantially.

I kept my eyes on Netflix for any shows that interest me but right I don't have to subscribe. And around it goes.

This all reminds me of Energy Choice Ohio. If you want the lowest rate on your electric you have to keep switching providers every 3 months or sooner. It's a game I've gotten pretty good at, but you can get burn.

Offline MGM

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
This is going to wind up like the al a carte TV everyone fantasizes about except every channel will be $10 a month.
I pay $20 a month and get more channels than I need, Sling. I bump the sports package for football season, $25 all ESPN channels included.

Remove Ads