Author Topic: Cleveland: St. Clair-Superior (non-Asiatown): Development and News  (Read 21079 times)

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
Re: Cleveland: St. Clair-Superior Developments (non-Asiatown)
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
Congrats @SterlesCLE @hub55CLE @cafe55cle @StClairSuperior on this great news! City Arch is a proud partner! http://t.co/UOuVI1mNiB
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
I debated putting this in the restaurant thread, but it's more of a neighborhood development story....

Café 55 part of larger project to create new core in St. Clair Superior neighborhood
September 08, 2015
LEE CHILCOTE 

On a recent Thursday during the lunch hour, the newly-opened Café 55 in the  felt like a bit like a cafeteria for all of Cleveland.

Downtown office workers and neighborhood employees chatted at shared tables in the bright, airy room, which has concrete floors, large windows looking out over East 55th Street and high ceilings with exposed ductwork.

Diners munched on build-your-own lunch bowls that were made to order with fresh ingredients, sandwiches and salads, clearly enjoying the new healthy, fast-casual restaurant. Part of the appeal of the setting is that it is at once accessible and urban yet removed from the hubbub of downtown.

Seeing Café 55 bustling with customers makes Rick Semersky, the 42-year-old owner of the café and CEO of VIP Restoration, very happy.

“We knew we had a great concept, but were people going to show up?” he said. “Our lunch business has been fantastic, even better than we expected.”

MORE:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150908/BLOGS16/150909852/caf-55-part-of-larger-project-to-create-new-core-in-st-clair#utm_medium=email&utm_source=ccl-dailynews&utm_campaign=ccl-dailynews-20150908
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »
Events are helping fuel the resurgence of the St. Clair-Superior neighborhood
September 19, 2015
By KATHY AMES CARR

Night Market organizers expected about 2,500 people to show up and celebrate Asian heritage at the inaugural open-air event held in June in Cleveland’s AsiaTown and Campus District neighborhoods.

Actual attendance doubled those projections. Subsequent social media photos showing the bright-colored costumes, crowds swarming ruby red tents and vendors dishing up xiaochi (small eats), all beneath strings of white lights, enticed event followers. Attendance surged to 11,000 in July, and then to 15,000 in August.

“We were pretty surprised,” event organizer Brendan Trewella said. “I needed a couple people’s hands to count how many times I heard, ‘Cleveland has an AsiaTown?’ at each event. But we drew the downtown office crowd leaving work, and then later into the night, we saw more families. There were strollers all over the place.”

Night Market is the latest fusion of culture and small business to pop up in Cleveland’s resurging St. Clair-Superior neighborhood.

MORE:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150919/NEWS/150919835/events-are-helping-fuel-the-resurgence-of-the-st-clair-superior

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2015, 05:29:02 PM »
Another housing conversion? More? This complex is big enough to be in the class of Tyler Village...

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/landmark/agenda/2015/12102015/index.php

CLEVELAND LANDMARK NOMINATIONS
1. Cleveland Twist Drill Building No. 10
1312 East 49th Street

Offline biggus

• 0'-Surface Lot
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
If you are comparing it to Tyler Village, they have the same owner; Graystone Properties.
At least that is the last time that I was interested in Tyler.

Offline YO to the CLE

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
Ohh man. My dream residential neighborhood someday has always been north of st clair between 30th and 55th. Soo much potential

Offline jjames0408

• 947'-Key Tower
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »
Ohh man. My dream residential neighborhood someday has always been north of st clair between 30th and 55th. Soo much potential
OMG YESSSS I've said the same thing ever since discovering it a few years ago!!!

Offline gotribe

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
Funny, cause I have thought the same thing for a long time.  Even south of St. Clair in sections.  I would love to see a street scape plan developed here, because there is some decent commercial stock.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

This won't help that....

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/bza/agenda/2016/crr02-29-2016.pdf

Board of Zoning Appeals
FEBRUARY 29, 2016 9:30
Calendar No. 15-268: 1252 East 55 Street Ward 10
Jeffery D. Johnson
25 Notices

East 55th Street, A.C.E LLC, owner, proposes to establish use as food scrap composting facility in a
B3 General Industry District. The owner appeals for relief from Section 345.04(d) of the Cleveland
Codified Ordinances which states that use as a food scrap composting facility, the process of which
consists of creating soil additives through organic matter, is prohibited in a General Industry District
and is first permitted in Unrestricted Industry District. (Filed December 18, 2015) FIRST
POSTPONEMENT MADE AT THE REQUEST OF THE COUNCILMAN TO ALLOW FOR MORE TIME FOR
REVIEW.

What's there now....
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18658971/1252-E-55th-St-Cleveland-OH/

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »
Cleveland CPC ‏@CLEcityplanning  6m6 minutes ago
Round 2 of the St. Clair Avenue Corridor Study community meetings! Be sure 2 join us & @FamicosF in Glenville on 6/9

Offline MidwestChamp

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
This study will look at St. Clair from East 55th all the way to the Euclid border.  The first round 2 public meeting was held in Collinwood last week.  There will be a future meeting in the St. Clair Superior neighborhood. 

Offline McLovin

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:11 AM »
^ Exciting! Such a main artery needs to have proper development. Hopefully great progress and ideas come from this meeting.

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »
That's a really rough stretch of St. Clair.  But it still has some good bones.
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline w28th

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »
That's a really rough stretch of St. Clair.  But it still has some good bones.

Is this a Bone Thugs in Harmony reference (E99th & ST. CLAIR)?
"When you stand at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East Ninth Street in Cleveland, you stand at one of the busiest corners in the world -- and in the heart of a shopping district known far and wide for its many fine shops."

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »
Mark your calendars!

Goldhorn Brewery in Hub 55 on East 55th Street to open next week

By  Laura DeMarco, The Plain Dealer   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 07, 2016 at 12:46 PM, updated July 07, 2016 at 1:44 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The taps are open at Goldhorn Brewery – and the kitchen will be soon.

The 10,000-square-foot brewery and 175-seat taproom in the Hub 55 development on East 55th Street will open to the public at noon Saturday, July 16. Day one will feature a party with live music and the Sterle's Food Truck outside until 10 p.m.

Goldhorn will open for its regular hours Tuesday, July 19. Those will be 3 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays to Thursdays; 3 to 10 p.m. Fridays; noon to 10 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/07/goldhorn_brewery_on_east_55th_1.html
“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood. " -- Daniel Burnham

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
One of the coolest old industrial complexes in Cleveland. Like the nearby W.S. Tyler Inc. wire complex, this could be a neighborhood unto itself...

CLEVELAND LANDMARK NOMINATIONS

1.Brown Hoisting Machinery Office Building
4403 St. Clair Avenue
Ward 10
J. Johnson
Aaron Swickard
AmeriCorps

2.Brown Hoisting Machinery / Cleveland Industrial Warehouse
1300 East 45th Street
Ward 10
J. Johnson
Aaron Swickard
AmeriCorps

Offline jjames0408

• 947'-Key Tower
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »
Seems to be the first steps in my dream of a loft-live/work neighborhood around there. Very nice!

Offline ChiCleveKid

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 06:03:31 PM »
I think the bigger building with the arched roof would be a great indoor ice rink.

Offline McLovin

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 06:24:01 PM »
In regards to the large factory do you think it would be possible to tear down the blue wall and add Windows to add potential life to that street?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »
I think the bigger building with the arched roof would be a great indoor ice rink.

Or a Fathead's Brewery :)  As seen in Portland, OR. (Fathead's other location outside of Ohio)

“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood. " -- Daniel Burnham

Offline w28th

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 07:19:12 PM »
Wish Fat Head would ditch North Olmsted for Downtown/Tremont/Ohio, not sure why they wouldn't do more business there.
"When you stand at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East Ninth Street in Cleveland, you stand at one of the busiest corners in the world -- and in the heart of a shopping district known far and wide for its many fine shops."

Offline X

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »
Didn't they try at one point a couple years ago?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

In regards to the large factory do you think it would be possible to tear down the blue wall and add Windows to add potential life to that street?

All that corrugated metal was windows at some time, and the blue portion of the wall looks like a recent addition, so I would bet you'd see windows installed and that blue portion of the wall probably removed and replaced with something historically accurate- though what that is I wouldn't know for sure.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2016, 05:07:11 AM »
Hard to tell from this graphic but it looks like the blue wall is original....

Offline X

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »
You cheated by doing research!

Offline McLovin

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
Hard to tell from this graphic but it looks like the blue wall is original....

And since this building probably will get some type of credit they can't remove it correct?

Offline X

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »
Really exiting stuff going on in this part of town.  I can't wait for more!

Hub 55, Sterle's owner launches new development in historic St. Clair-Superior building
Laura DeMarco, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Cleveland developer Rick Semersky is extending his reach in the St. Clair-Superior area beyond East 55th Street.

The developer of the Hub 55 complex and the Lakeshore Banking and Trust building and owner of Sterle's Country House has purchased the historic American Gas Association building on East 62nd street.

Long-term plans call for turning the 50,000 square-foot-warehouse into a small-business incubator, in conjunction with Cleveland's Snap Digital company. Designs call for permanent anchor tenants on either end of the building, and flex space for smaller business in the remaining space.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/09/hub_55_sterles_owner_launches.html#incart_river_home
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:52:26 AM by X »

Offline Dougal

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »
6235 St. Clair is being auctioned by Chartwell on November 16, with a reserve price of $75,000.  The property is partially leased to Citizens Bank and was nationally advertised in the WSJ today, the first Cleveland property I've noticed in a while in that paper.  It should be a nice test of the neighborhood.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »
I was confusing that building with this one at 6202 St. Clair....
http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,29327.msg739578.html#msg739578

I hope this is a sign that neighborhood is gaining momentum.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2016, 01:08:43 PM »
Seems to be the first steps in my dream of a loft-live/work neighborhood around there. Very nice!

I agree--that entire area bounded by St Clair, the tracks, 55th and the Innerbelt would make some amazing lofts.   There are actually a few sprinkled in there--if you drive around at night I've seen some that look like people are doing a live-work thing.     Unfortunately, very few of the buildings are abandoned and most house long-functioning businesses.
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline Dougal

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2016, 10:52:12 PM »
I was confusing that building with this one at 6202 St. Clair....
http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,29327.msg739578.html#msg739578

I hope this is a sign that neighborhood is gaining momentum.

St Martin de Porres is getting a good bit of cooperative help from St. Ignatius H. S.  I think they have a good future ahead - for the students and the neighborhood.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
Re: Cleveland: St. Clair-Superior (non-Asiatown): Development and News
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
East 55th and St. Clair Avenue fast becoming an up-and-coming Cleveland neighborhood
Paul Kiska
3:08 PM, Feb 28, 2017

CLEVELAND - Although it's one of Cleveland's busiest intersections, the East 55th and St. Clair area was downtrodden with vacant storefronts and vacant buildings for years.

Now, new development is breathing new life into this area development plan, dubbed Hub 55, giving people a reason to stop and look around.

The neighborhood is carving a niche.

MORE:
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/east-55-and-saint-clair-avenue-fast-becoming-an-up-and-coming-cleveland-neighborhood

Offline Matches

• God of skinny punks.
  • 574'-Carew Tower
  • Eloquently sarcastic
    • Benander Games / Sports Data
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 10:18:59 AM »
Steel is up at the St. Martin de Porres high school expansion.

View from a car at St. Clair and E. 62.

What appeared to be a strip club opened just across the street about a month ago. I wondered if this was legal so close to a school. The wording of the sign has changed to indicate the establisment is now a video store. The silhouette of a lady with her legs in the air remains.

View from down Norwood.
"The urban core is a net importer of young adults and a net exporter of old adults. That's the antithesis of a dying city."

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
This bears watching.... A large number of properties were sold in May on the north side of Payne Avenue, from 4601 Payne to East 49th, to a guy named Dan Pritchett. It includes three parcels just west of West 47th that sold May 3 for $575,000. The warehouse/factory was previously operated by Yuan Feng Enterprises Inc.

Then, on May 25, Pritchett bought all seven contiguous, vacant properties along Payne between East 47th and 49th. They were purchased from Louis Tanski who is CEO of Uncle Ben's Pawn Shop/Loan Co. which has been in business since 1946 at 2600 St. Clair.

What a change from a pawn shop owner to this....

Dan Pritchett is Executive VP of Faithlife Corp. of Bellingham, WA. Faithlife, an e-commerce firm, also owns Logos Bible Software. It is a large, fast-growing company.

He also is a partner is a company begun in 2016 called Storybox Cinema. According to LinkedIn....

Storybox Cinema is a full-service video production company based in Cleveland, OH. We are people-centered creators, focused on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people, and stories. We celebrate the human experience and strive to commemorate it through film. We want to use our talents to empower your voice and vision. Whether it’s for a commercial or a wedding film, we believe your story is worth capturing. We are dedicated to merging a sense of artistry and innovation with a very personable, fun, and down-to-earth approach so that we can tell your story in the most compelling way possible. http://www.storyboxcinema.com

So there you go. That's who/what this is!

Online Mendo

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates. Interesting to see the early plays on the east side.

Remove Ads