Author Topic: Fashion Police  (Read 18355 times)

Offline David

• Premium Member
Re: Fashion Police
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
Which is doubly ironic considering how they have made a fortune on adapting fairy tales and other existing stories that don't have copyright protection.

That's the American way, bro!

Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
She's going to be President one day.  And she'll be Baberaham Lincoln:

Hey why not?  Bluto was.

"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
last night Harper's Bazaar celebrated its 150th anniversary by projecting hundreds of images from the magazine onto the Empire State Building. Here are a few. Don't models have oversize egos already?? :-P lol

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:36:23 PM by eastvillagedon »

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
^ Who doesn't love that building??

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
Aliens.  Always aliens.

I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2017, 12:21:30 AM »
It's a cool effect, but definitely one that I could picture being abused with blatant advertising.
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
Reminds me a bit of this:

Offline Cincinnatus

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Male/33/Cincinnati - BBW - Enjoys parks
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »
I think it'd be cool to show a shot from inside the empire looking out at the projector. That's one hell of a light bulb.
The opening of IKEA just might save Cincinnati from the nation-wide economic downturn. -Jack Atherton

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »
Nordstrom has lit the internet on fire with another expensive product that many are calling ridiculous.

On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.
The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

When he discovered the product this week, "Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe posted about them on his website, saying the Nordstrom jeans were proof of "our country's war on work."

http://www.wkbw.com/news/national/nordstrom-sells-jeans-with-fake-mud-on-them-for-425

Hey, if you guys are interested, I have a bunch of pre-mud stained jeans and even some covered in paint that I can sell you. 33x32 boot cut and straight-leg. I'll only charge you $350 (with free shipping!) If you want to get "down and dirty" PM me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:52:47 PM by David »

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
the pants are stupid but Mike Rowe's take on things is equally stupid

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »
lol! I thought that the jeans-caked-in-mud look went out with the last Woodstock anniversary observance

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »
I'll only charge you $350 (with free shipping!) If you want to get "down and dirty" PM me.

Wait...that didn't sound right.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
I wonder what kind of "hard-working action" causes extra mud to be in the crotch area, like that?

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Obtaining Glory on UrbanOhio since 2008.™
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Mike Rowe is a white collar guy who is paid a lot of money to pretend to be a blue collar, working class guy on TV. And since he wears jeans and a t-shirt on TV instead of a suit, people buy it.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
The reason I own "work pants" is so I don't have to throw out my jeans from them getting like that on the weekends.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2017, 10:24:16 AM »
Now, here's a guy who understands economics!

The Ball family created yet another firestorm on Thursday when they unveiled Lonzo Ball's first signature shoe under the family brand, the ZO2, with a price tag of $495.

Last week, it was reported that Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas were spurning the younger Ball as a potential athlete endorser because his father, LaVar, rejected a traditional endorsement deal and demanded the family's Big Baller Brand cobrand with one of the athletic-shoe giants.

On Friday, LaVar was asked on "The Dan Le Batard Show" why he decided to charge $495 for the shoes. In typical LaVar fashion, his answer was part confidence, part humor, part simplicity, and a whole lot of boisterous.

"I figured that's what the shoe was worth," Ball told Le Batard. "I liked the way it sounds. You see, when you are your own owner, you can come up with any price you want."

As for why the shoe was specifically priced at $495 and not, say, $500, Ball again acted like the question was a bit absurd.

"Five hundred dollars?! Four-ninety-five sounds better," Ball said. "I like three different digits."

Hideous... :drunk: :roll:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:28:22 AM by David »

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

On Mickey Mouse, class of 1928:

Disney's copyright for Mickey expires in 2023, unless the copyright law is changed by Congress.
http://artlawjournal.com/mickey-mouse-keeps-changing-copyright-law/

"since “no work created during your lifetime will, without conscious action by its creator, become available for you to build upon.”"

False.   They are not available to make money on. 

What is called amateur "fanfic" or "fanart" is all over the 'net
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SleepyLeroy

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »
Fashion Police Police Fashion. Only posting here because of that pun. http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.aspx?id=10508

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Obtaining Glory on UrbanOhio since 2008.™
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »
That was already a Portlandia sketch!
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Remove Ads