Author Topic: Cincinnati: CUF: Development and News  (Read 32116 times)

Online jwulsin

• 1450'-Willis Tower
Re: Cincinnati: CUF: Development and News
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »
TriHealth / Good Samaritan own most of the parcels in the block by MLK/Riddle/Probasco... and over the last few years they've been demolishing several houses. The large clinic at the corner of MLK and Clifton has been vacant the last few years. There only remains 328 Probasco (owned by Saba Enterprises Ltd). Assuming they're able to acquire 328 Probasco, they would have a large ~4 acre parcel. The fact that they're demolishing houses and leaving them as grass (not even bothering to put up temporary parking lots) suggests they are preparing the site for something new. Anybody know anything about this?

Here is a satellite image from 2001 before the demolitions:

Online jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »
328 is a new-construction multifamily.  Probably built around 2000.  Those guys are going to hold out. 

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Obtaining Glory on UrbanOhio since 2008.
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
Didn't they move all the doctors from that building up the street to the new addition at Good Sam? I wouldn't be surprised if TriHealth is planning to build some sort of big medical center complex at that corner. UC Health has been building all sorts of new facilities around the region, so TriHealth has to do the same to keep up. That's a side effect of our for-profit health care system. Hospitals and doctors have to constantly be building new facilities so they can put out marketing material about having the most advanced, most up-to-date facilities. They are as much in the real estate business as they are in the health care business.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Online jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2017, 02:36:21 AM »
The buildings on W. Clifton across from Chipotle are for sale:
https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/1545749/2510-W-Clifton-Clifton-OH-45219

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/1545748/2508-W-Clifton-Clifton-OH-45219

It's somewhat miraculous that they survived the onslaught of UC and Towne.  We are lucky that we have that one colorful block still intact.  Tearing these down for who-knows-what would be a disaster. 

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »
It seems pretty obvious that U Square was designed in such a way that they could eventually acquire the Krishna building and those buildings on W Clifton and tear them down and build an additional phase of U Square. Then the garage would be in the middle of the block with retail on both sides.

Same thing with the east block of U Square. If they ever acquire the Shell and build another phase there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:28:31 PM by taestell »
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »
The buildings on W. Clifton across from Chipotle are for sale:
https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/1545749/2510-W-Clifton-Clifton-OH-45219

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/1545748/2508-W-Clifton-Clifton-OH-45219

It's somewhat miraculous that they survived the onslaught of UC and Towne.  We are lucky that we have that one colorful block still intact.  Tearing these down for who-knows-what would be a disaster. 

Oh come on, you know there's someone who wants to pay $35/sq. ft. to run a yogurt shop for 5 1/2 months.

Online jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »
Well there are a fair number of vacant storefronts around so landlords obviously aren't getting what they want.  The Verge has been there a year and has yet to snag a tenant. 

The corner building where the Arby's and Burger King used to be is now the UC Alumni office.  So it's office space, not ground-floor retail, except for the mysterious "COMPUTERS" store.  That place has been rumored to be a front for as long as I remember.  It's definitely at least as questionable as University Mattress or the old kayak place over by Ravine St. 

Online Chas Wiederhold

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
If it is a front... they did a good job of repairing my iPhone screen a few years ago.

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »
They could still be making fake Pokemon cards in the back.

Online jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »
If it is a front... they did a good job of repairing my iPhone screen a few years ago.

That's the first time I've ever heard of someone walking in that place.  Nobody knows what they do.  "COMPUTERS" doesn't tell me that they replace cracked screens, especially since that sign is at least 10 years older than the smart phone. 

In other news, I saw the Ralph's Mattress work truck (the place in Northside) in the Budget Host courtyard a few weeks ago at midnight.  I doubt that they were delivering a mattress at that hour.  A perk of my weekend job is getting to visit the Budget Host 1-2 times per month.  That place is as wild as advertised.     

Online ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Cultural Marxist
    • Flickr Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
Half a dozen properties on Van Lear Alley (at the base of the large portion of the Ohio Avenue Steps) are for sale. Also a vacant lot at 2133 Vine Street is part of the same block of buildings.
"We both would have looked silly if he came in, got out and came back in.

- Tim Burke, Hamilton County Democratic Party Chairman

Flickr Profile

Online SleepyLeroy

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »
Half a dozen properties on Van Lear Alley (at the base of the large portion of the Ohio Avenue Steps) are for sale. Also a vacant lot at 2133 Vine Street is part of the same block of buildings.

Not sure is Justin Jeffre still lives over there but he needs to snap them up quickly to expand his hold on the hill. Back when i lived in CUF the rumor was that the owner on Van Lear had commandeered the entire street as his own and would chase off anyone walking there. Perhaps he has passed on?

Online SleepyLeroy

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2017, 07:10:39 PM »
I just realized i never looked it up on google street view and it looks as if even google didnt make it to the end. That, along with the abundance of military vehicles and flags  just makes the rumors of a yosemitie sam type character yelling 'get of my land'  ring even more true. Anyone else hear this or run into it? This area was one of the mentioned streetcar routes if the expansion ever takes place so it could be a good location transit wise someday.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1205415,-84.5174418,3a,51.4y,61.65h,99.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxUSUhcZ-ER7Q5JfJhbJWQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:11:01 PM by SleepyLeroy »

Online BigDipper 80

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »
^I am absolutely obsessed with that weird house right at the base of the Ohio Avenue steps. Who lives there? Is it an apartment? Will I get shot at if I take a photo of it? I couldn't find any information on the auditor's website. What secrets does it hold?

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2017, 08:53:29 PM »
^ You might not be finding it because the address is on Ohio, not Van Lear.

Online BigDipper 80

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »
^It's been a few months but I'm pretty sure I tried Ohio Avenue addresses too based on looking up the parcel on CAGIS. Maybe I'll have to give it another go.

Online SleepyLeroy

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
^I am absolutely obsessed with that weird house right at the base of the Ohio Avenue steps. Who lives there? Is it an apartment? Will I get shot at if I take a photo of it? I couldn't find any information on the auditor's website. What secrets does it hold?

You can sort of see it on the 3d map. It is crazy. I'm sure it is not an apartment. That looks like the decorating and construction style of a single unique mind. The type of person who lives on a narrow street near town but drives a 5 ton Deuce and a half army truck. https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1204578,-84.5169551,46a,35y,326.01h,45.55t/data=!3m1!1e3

Online BigDipper 80

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
I snagged a photo of it a couple years ago from Jackson Hill Park when all the leaves were down. It goes quite a ways back and doesn't seem to be one distinct architectural style. It's such a misfit.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2017, 11:55:16 PM »
I would fly the drone in for a closer look, but it seems somewhat likely that he'd shoot it down.

Offline American Luxury

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2017, 11:57:54 PM »
^It's been a few months but I'm pretty sure I tried Ohio Avenue addresses too based on looking up the parcel on CAGIS. Maybe I'll have to give it another go.

It's 2126 Ohio Ave.  Pretty weird house for sure and you can even see some of the renovations as they're happening since many photos were taken.

Online jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »
I worked with the grandson of the guy who owns that house.  I drove him there after work a few times but didn't get to go in.  I sensed that he was more than a little embarrassed by the house and nearby menagerie of derelict properties, but I remember him saying that the family was excited that "the trolley" was going to make the area valuable. 

Remove Ads