Author Topic: NYC: Hudson Yards  (Read 21924 times)

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • friends of the highline
Re: NYC: Hudson Yards
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »
yes most of the pieces are sitting in the staging area on the western end of the hy -- i'll try to get a better pic of that sometime than the one i posted above.

per nyyimby -- it looks like the vessel foundation base is ready for it:

from walking around hy a lot and watching the now rapid pace of everything going up i would certainly say its all on time to open in 2019, including the public square park and the vessel.   :clap:
"That whole rural thing. It's a joke." Ed Koch

Offline jmicha

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »
I can't get over how massive 30 HY is going to be. It's a monster of a building. 10 HY is visible from all over the city and it's only 878' tall vs. 30 HY's 1,296'. I can't even imagine how that'll look. Basically half again as big with a massive floor plate for much of the building. It's going to be about 83% of the area of 1 WTC which is craziness.

I can't wait for the outdoor observation deck cantilevered off 30 HY. That's going to be an amazing experience.

15 HY is a good looking tower, but it was so unique when it was still The Corset. The value engineering that occurred still resulted in a unique massing, but the reasoning is lost. Before it had an elegance that was really nice.

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
despite being forbes - this is a nice article from last spring after the coach tower opening that briefly summarized about everything you might want to know about related's hudson yards development (minus the rest of the spinoff stuff going on all around it):

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/05/31/hudson-yards-americas-largest-private-real-estate-development-opens-first-building/#7b63d80a6208

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »
via amny:

NHL to move headquarters to Hudson Yards in Manhattan

By Ivan Pereira   ivan.pereira@amny.com December 7, 2016

The NHL is making a power play to the west side.

The league announced Wednesday that it will move its headquarters from Rockefeller Center to Hudson Yards in 2019.

It will take 160,000 square feet on five floors and open the NHL shop on the retail ground floor at One Manhattan West at the corner of 33rd Street and Ninth Avenue.

“The growth and momentum of our game and our business require a state-of-the-art facility; with its terrific amenities, including an NHL store, our new building will be that and more,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said in a statement.

The 67-story tower is 40% leased with other tenants including its anchor tenant, the legal services group Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. It is expected to open sometime in the third quarter of 2019.

Earlier this year, Hudson Yards opened its first tower, 10 Hudson Yards, which is the new home of Coach. The 26-acre development, which includes a school, residential and commercial buildings and three parks, is expected to be complete in 2025.

more:
http://www.amny.com/real-estate/nhl-to-move-its-headquarters-to-hudson-yards-in-manhattan-1.12717804

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
heres a hy site plan from archdaily:

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
per curbed, it looks like the massive 2.6M sq ft 30hy is catching up in height to the coach tower.

it should pass it by this summer.

also, the lower rise hy mall building is putting in escalators and the like, so its coming along pretty quickly now.

Online TBideon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:26 AM »
I've been following this development on forums.skyscraperpage. Just f'ing amazing on every level.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:08:45 AM by TBideon »

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
pretty cool news -- i just heard 'the vessel' in the hy courtyard is going up -- i'm going to walk by after work today and see if i can see anything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTcbdT3F0xq/

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2017, 12:54:25 AM »
i did get to walk by yesterday - its an incredible sight!

now we know how the stairs got over to the site!

from the coach tower highline courtyard

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »
what's up around hy -- from yesterday

1 manhattan west

30 hy

55 hy

35 hy

15 hy

the vessel

hy neiman marcus mall

50 hy -- fka the drive thru mcdonalds

to be -- 509 w34st aka the spiral

515 w36st

Online BigDipper 80

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
I can't get over the scale of this project... Hudson Yards alone is bigger than a lot of cities' entire downtowns!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:52:52 AM by BigDipper 80 »

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
here is something pretty cool and unusual -- a lift video for a piece of the vessel:

https://instagram.com/p/BWa9haBhrs4/

Offline jmicha

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »
The Vessel is the most exciting part of the project to me. As much as I'm loving covering a giant hole in the fabric of Manhattan with gigantic buildings, public space, new subway station, etc. this centerpiece is going to offer the everyday person something to do there. And climbing to its top will provide some really interesting vantage points of the new neighborhood.

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
yeah the vessel and the completion of the highline park stub are what i am most looking forward to as of now. the view platform on top of the mammoth 30 hy tower will be nice too.

otherwise it all seems pretty sterile.

no doubt there will be some kind of other amenities when they get to the western section of the hy. at least nice park and courtyard areas as that will be mostly residential. we'll see.

Offline jmicha

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
I think overall it'll feel pretty lively once finished. It's a massive challenge though to achieve a comfortable feeling with only massive buildings. It's the reason the rest of Manhattan works so well. There's a solid 2-15 story base to the island that grounds the massive towers. When you ONLY have massive towers it's much harder.

I'm also super excited to watch the Culture Shed slide in and out of its spot. Such an interesting feature. And it's massive. I knew it was huge but seeing it in person has really changed my understanding of its scale. It's an entire building that slides on rails. Pretty awesome.

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
^ yeah i wonder what they are going to do with that? maybe it will be like blossom, a summer site for the orchestra? pop shows? plays? who knows, but that will be a very nice and unusual public facility to have too. i guess i shouldnt write off the new shopping mall either lol. if some of the towers can add indoor-outdoor cafes or something like that into the park area perimeter, and not just chi-chi stuff, no doubt it will make the experience of being in there more comfortable and less dystopic.

Remove Ads