Author Topic: Gun Rights  (Read 108658 times)

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: Gun Rights
« Reply #1540 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
Semi-automatic weapons with large loaded capacity favor defenders over attackers.[/color]

This is a completely irrelevant point.  Sure, if my home were under attack by roving hoards of bad hombres I totally agree that a large capacity magazine would be to my benefit, but that's not the world we live in.  We don't set up fortified defensive positions designed to sustain long term sieges.  We live in a civilized society, E Rocc.  One where large capacity magazines are used far more often for horrific mass shootings than they are for defensive reasons.

Who are people pissing off that bad to always have to worry about a home invasion? Are you a drug dealer? Do you owe people money for drugs?

Some random crackhead broke into a neighbors house a few weeks ago and stabbed him so he could steal a Playstation and some video games. The guy was just looking for some crap to pawn for drugs and didn't care about hurting someone to get it. You don't need to have enemies to be victimized.

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #1541 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:26 AM »
You don't need to have enemies to be victimized.

Correct.... says every victim of Sandy Hook, Charleston, and the approximately 60 children under the age of 14 accidentally killed each year by someone with a gun.  That last number -- 60 -- is, by the way, about double the amount of TOTAL gun deaths per year in the UK.
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #1542 on: February 17, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
The reason the military spends so much time training people on hand-to-hand combat and disarming is that in close quarters (such as in a house) those things are more effective than guns. Of course, that involves getting good at something and physical activity rather than just spending money.

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #1543 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
You don't need to have enemies to be victimized.

Correct.... says every victim of Sandy Hook, Charleston, and the approximately 60 children under the age of 14 accidentally killed each year by someone with a gun.  That last number -- 60 -- is, by the way, about double the amount of TOTAL gun deaths per year in the UK.

Accidental shootings and mass shootings via assault rifle do not even come close to being the biggest concerns when it comes to violence in America. They're just the ones that you can try to use to appeal to emotion. Although I noticed you left far worse shootings like Orlando off of your list.. I wonder why?

Anti-gun nuts need to realize that they're never going to convince the bulk of gun owners, who are reasonable people who would never let their guns be used to nefarious reasons, to give up their rights because bad and dumb people misuse their guns. The problem with guns in America isn't the guns themselves, it's a problem of personal irresponsibility that permeates our country, far more so than many other developed nations.

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #1544 on: February 17, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
Sorry.  You can add Orlando or whatever other mass shooting you need to see listed.  They are all tragic to me.  The victims are all innocent humans.

You on the other hand only post about events like these when the perps are not white.  I wonder why?  Hmmmmmmm.  But don't worry, I'm not made at you.  It's altwhite..... errrr, I mean altright..... errrrrr, I mean alright.

Accidental shootings and mass shootings via assault rifle do not even come close to being the biggest concerns when it comes to violence in America.

So then we do nothing about them?  Food stamps and welfare checks do not even come close to being the biggest concerns when it comes to our nation's debt/deficit.  I suppose we should ignore those too?  ISIS does not even come close to being the biggest concern when it comes to "violence in America".  We should ignore ISIS?  I have trouble following this supposed logic.  You are reaching. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:25:12 PM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline Hootenany

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #1545 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Anti-gun nuts need to realize that they're never going to convince the bulk of gun owners, who are reasonable people who would never let their guns be used to nefarious reasons, to give up their rights because bad and dumb people misuse their guns. The problem with guns in America isn't the guns themselves, it's a problem of personal irresponsibility that permeates our country, far more so than many other developed nations.

I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly wouldn't ask them to give up their right to own a gun.  But perhaps there are things we can do to make those weapons safer and less easy to use for mass killings.  The only sporting purpose of high capacity magazines is convenience.  That's it.  Perhaps in the name of public safety gun enthusiasts would be willing to shoulder the burden of a small inconvenience of reloading every 10 shots (I'm sure many of them would).  But any reasonable debate surrounding prevention of gun violence is essentially forbidden by the NRA who tells its followers that any restriction of gun ownership is a slippery slope toward confiscation and slavery.

Offline jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #1546 on: February 17, 2017, 01:34:29 PM »
^The sex must've been good

They didn't have sex until they were married and she became pregnant the very first week.  You can't make this stuff up. 

Remove Ads