Author Topic: Cleveland: Cudell/West Boulevard: Development and News  (Read 29604 times)

Offline jws

• 367'-PNC Bank
Re: Cleveland: Cudell/West Boulevard: Development and News
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Decently aggressive work planned for Western Ave and North Marginal.

North Marginal Rd. is being completely removed and all traffic will now be routed along Western. Bioswale gardens are being added in place of the removed road, while the sidewalks are being retained which I think will do a nice job at meking sure the green space is actually utilized as a neighborhood asset. The remaining streets are being resurfaced (shaded in blue) or rebuilt (shaded in orange).

They're also scaling down the road to one lane and adding protected bike lanes.

Sorry the quality of the pictures isn't ideal.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
Cool! That area (especially the streets designed for speed) needs a makeover.
"George Washington could never tell a lie.
Richard Nixon could never tell the truth.
Donald Trump cannot tell the difference."

-- Mark Shields,  News Hour

Offline jws

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
I'm pretty pleased with the overall plan.

I was expecting to have to go to the meeting to yell "but what about sidewalks!?" and argue that they should leave space for paths, but then they went and actually planned it as useful green space so that was a pleasant surprise. It's a pretty sweet deal for the residents at the end of W101, because now they'll suddenly end up with a cul-de-sac that essentially ends in a park.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:09:11 PM by jws »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »
Sorry I "missed" this unfortunate news from the April 28 Cudell Snippets emailed newsletter....

NEW KENNEL PROJECT A "GO"

Great news!  the city of Cleveland Board of Control awarded a contract this week for the construction of the new City Kennel!  We are on our way to a beautiful new facility for our four footed friends.  It is also wonderful news for the residents of the Edgewater Parke Block Club area that have suffered so long with the blighted former Monarch Aluminum property at West 92nd and Detroit Avenue. 

Thank you Councilman Matt Zone for leading the charge to insure a top notch facility is built that will accommodate a high quality of experience for the animals awaiting adoption.  We are looking forward to hundreds of volunteers there every month. 

Additionally, our thanks to Mayor Frank Jackson who, when made aware of the budget constraints by Councilman Zone, allocated a significant amount of additional funding to the project.

Look for a groundbreaking announcement soon.
"George Washington could never tell a lie.
Richard Nixon could never tell the truth.
Donald Trump cannot tell the difference."

-- Mark Shields,  News Hour

Offline jws

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »
Every time I've seen residents raise concerns with the terrible, low-density site plan the CDC just tells us how "excited the residents are."

I understand that brownfield remediation is costly for residential uses, but there is no excuse that this isn't a denser commercial site.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:08:45 AM by jws »

Remove Ads