Author Topic: Columbus: Olentangy River Road Developments  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Columbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Columbus: Olentangy River Road Developments
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
FIRST LOOK: OhioHealth HQ renderings show elevated walkway and plenty of green space on new campus
Laura Newpoff, Digital Editor - Columbus Business First
Updated: April 20, 2017, 7:19am EDT

OhioHealth Corp.’s new corporate headquarters campus will feature glass, red brick and stone exteriors and plenty of green space, along with abundant natural lighting and flexible interior spaces that promote collaboration.  The Columbus health system provided us with the first look at renderings of the 270,000-square-foot complex to be constructed on 13 acres east of Route 315 and OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital.

The $89 million project will be home to 1,600 non-clinical workers.  Here is more information about the project:
  • 1,350 space parking garage will connect to the main building by an elevated and covered walkway.
  • There also will be 350 spaces in a surface lot.
  • Preliminary site work will start in the coming months with construction scheduled to take about two years.
  • Move-in targeted for Spring 2019.
MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2017/04/20/first-look-ohiohealth-hq-renderings-show-elevated.html

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. -- Vincent van Gogh (1853-90)

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline casey

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »
Meh. But at least it's not going on some cornfield out in New Albany.

Offline jebleprls22

• 0'-Surface Lot
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
So much for the master plan for that area :/

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 04:26:13 PM »
OhioHealth HQ design 'bringing the outside in' and creating outdoor meeting space to promote wellness

OhioHealth Corp. wants to make the most of the tree-lined riverfront property where it’s building a new headquarters, and had a long list of parameters for architecture firm Moody Nolan Inc. – campus feel, outdoorsy, not too big, not too fancy, according to exclusive interviews with health system executives and the project's lead architect.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2017/04/27/video-ohiohealth-hq-design-bringing-the-outside-in.html
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline Pablo

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
I found this on a Columbus history Facebook page - from 1939. That's Olentangy River Road across the bottom and West North Broadway leading to the Olentangy River bridge and Clintonville beyond. The Ohio Health site is just south of Broadway along the river.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2017, 11:11:01 PM »
That photo reminds me of early photos of California cities before their boom.  The (lack of) vegetation in that photo gives me that weird vibe.

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 10:28:53 AM »
There was still clear-cutting throwing down into the '50s. But, I mean how do you keep land in Ohio from getting overgrown almost immediately? This is why I don't trust black & white photography. It made Columbus look like Hill Valley 1955.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:30:53 AM by GCrites80s »

Offline Pablo

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
To me it looks like agricultural fields.

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »
But in the bottom of the picture with all the billboards there's no rows or anything.

Offline Pablo

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2017, 11:39:36 AM »
But in the bottom of the picture with all the billboards there's no rows or anything.
Pasture?

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Heh, yeah, those dark spots are probably cattle rather than tumbleweed.

Offline Pablo

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
The tangle of overpasses, ramps and surface streets at state Route 315, West North Broadway and Olentangy River Road won’t be ignored as OhioHealth’s new campus rises in the area.

A pair of open houses on planned improvements to the freeway and city streets are set from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, May 22, at OhioHealth’s Arthur G.H. Bing, MD, Cancer Center, 500 Thomas Lane, Columbus.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20170515/ohiohealth-administrative-campus-315-nearby-roads-in-line-for-upgrades

Offline Pablo

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
Looks like there will be a new southbound ramp that goes beneath 315 to North Broadway. Also, the ramp from 315 to eastbound North Broadway will be eliminated.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2017/05/25/route-315-redo-direct-ramp-to-ohiohealth-hq.html?ana=fbk

http://wcbe.org/post/detailed-look-infrastructure-plans-surrounding-ohiohealths-new-columbus-hq
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:26:02 PM by Pablo »

Remove Ads