Author Topic: Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills/Cincinnati Mall  (Read 122746 times)

Offline OHSnap

• 468'-Scripps Center
Re: Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills/Cincinnati Mall
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
I find this disconcerting.  It almost looks like these were taken very early on a Sunday before the stores are open, not like it's been largely empty for years.  The flooring looks brand new, and that Great Steak looks like you could flip on the lights and grills and serve some customers.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Obtaining Glory on UrbanOhio since 2008.™
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »
Yeah, I think the Cincinnati Mills remodel was actually pretty nice for a blue collar (non-upscale) mall. "Neighborhood A" had a weird theme that I could not understand (giant suspended piano keys, etc.), "Neighborhood B" was the fashion district, "Neighborhood C" had the Americana theme, and the food court had a "picnic on the river" theme.

From what I have read, the current owners don't believe that there is any hope in salvaging the malls and are considering just about any possible use for the property. I mean, they changed the name to "Forest Fair Village" and did not bother updating any signs on the mall's interior or exterior. It still says "Cincinnati Mall".
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »
I seen an article that Bass Pro Shops is supposed to leave the mall for one in West Chester. It may not happen til next year or 2015 when they can get it built up there. That will really leave a huge spot in the mall if they leave and probably next to no traffic

Is Bass Pro Shops still planning to move? As far as I know, the Cincinnati Mall location is still open and there's no sign of work at the rumored West Chester location...
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »
^In fact, I think Duluth Trading Company went in where Bass Pro was supposed to go, right by the new Top Golf. 

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2017, 02:38:56 PM »
Well WCPO just answered my question:

Bass Pro announced in 2013 that it would leave Forest Fair for a new location on Union Center Boulevard, but Cabela’s opened a store near Liberty Center in 2015 and Bass Pro struck a deal to buy Cabela’s last fall. Analysts following the companies have been speculating that Bass Pro wants out of the deal.

“They own land over on Union Center Boulevard that they paid $300,000 an acre for," Nachtrab said. "It’s very good land. They could sell it to somebody else, but until the acquisition gets settled either which way, they don’t know. The store has always done very well. We talked about retail not working, but this store done very, very well. It’s a very profitable location.”

Offline MGM

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
Well WCPO just answered my question:

Bass Pro announced in 2013 that it would leave Forest Fair for a new location on Union Center Boulevard, but Cabela’s opened a store near Liberty Center in 2015 and Bass Pro struck a deal to buy Cabela’s last fall. Analysts following the companies have been speculating that Bass Pro wants out of the deal.

“They own land over on Union Center Boulevard that they paid $300,000 an acre for," Nachtrab said. "It’s very good land. They could sell it to somebody else, but until the acquisition gets settled either which way, they don’t know. The store has always done very well. We talked about retail not working, but this store done very, very well. It’s a very profitable location.”
OT, Bass Pro Shops took over (guess they bought) the Memphis Pyramid and converted into a pro shop and a hotel.
It is like the Jungle Jim's of Pro Shops.

Offline seicer

• Premium Member
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
Whoa. Fine dining at Bass Pro Shops? I mean, those views are amazing.

Remove Ads