Author Topic: Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills/Cincinnati Mall  (Read 123772 times)

Offline Maximillian

• 665'-Queen City Square
  • My loony bun is fine benny lava!
Re: Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills/Cincinnati Mall
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12:26 PM »
LOL  what a sucky mall.

Parents Want Refunds After Wonderpark Closes

Another business has pulled out of the Cincinnati Mills mall and some parents say they've lost money. They say they booked their children's birthday parties at the Wonderpark, but they got an unwanted surprise when they showed up for the big day.  Two families tell 9News they gave Wonderpark money when they scheduled their children's birthday parties.

But when they came to the indoor entertainment center inside the mall to celebrate, they found the business was shut down.  Kailey Rowe showed 9News the gifts she received for her fifth birthday.  The party didn't go as planned though.  When her family and nine friends showed up for the Wonderpark party Sunday afternoon the store gate was down – the windows were painted black.

Read full article here:
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=9997baf8-d912-4d63-8f62-7b5769fdc519
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:10:11 PM by UncleRando »

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »
The mall is doomed.  I was just there last Friday and couldn't believe how quiet it was during the Christmas shopping season.  Rumor has it from one of the store owners that Bigg's is officially gone and that portion of the mall will be torn down.

I've heard that Guitar Center will also be closing when their lease is up, so it would make sense for them to demolish that whole wing.  That section is almost entirely vacant.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline mcadrenaline

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »
ugh. this place is a hot mess.

what's funny is that it's structurally a nicer mall than Kenwood, but a terrible selection of stores left. terrible location, most importantly....

Offline lostincincinnati

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »
I am kind of stepping in this thread, but this mall is too close to both Northgate and Tri-County malls, plus the massive amount of retail that surrounds Forest Fair/Cincinnati Mills.  Within a 5 mile radius, there is enough retail to meet the needs of the residents.  Plus, the mall itself is HUGE!  It is a big freakin' mall.  Double maybe triple the size of Northgate. 

Cincinnati Financial might as well purchase the land so that they can build 6 more "towers" to add to their building.  Only making traffic that much better during rush hour.   :roll:
your mom goes to college...

Offline unusualfire

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »
Im willing to bet the bass-proshop will move when it's lease is up. Im thinking near IKEA.

Online David

• Premium Member
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »
Moving a bass pro shop has go to be HELL. That big @ss tank with all the fish. I wonder if that stays.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:05:12 PM by David »
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline JamesMatthew

• 468'-Scripps Center
  • Very Interesting Indeed!!!
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
The mall is in debt like crazy and it now has only a 38% occupency rate. I only go there for bass pro.!. There is seriously nothing there
You will never be a Leader unless you first learn to follow and be led!

Offline Mr. Anderson

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »
Bigg's in Forest Park to close
BY MIKE BOYER | MBOYER@ENQUIRER.COM

Bigg’s, the largest and one of the earliest tenants of the struggling Cincinnati Mills mall, said today it will close its 245,000-square-foot store by the end of June.  Bigg’s, part of Minneapolis-based grocery chain Supervalu Inc., has been unhappy with the performance of the Cincinnati Mills store for several years, indicating two years ago it might shutter the location when its lease expires in July.

More recently, bigg’s, which has 11 other stores in the area, scaled back its sales space at the east end of the mall off Interstate 275 and adopted an outlet store concept.  The mall itself also has been struggling in recent years. Originally conceived with space for more than 200 stores, occupancy at the 1.5 million-square-foot Mills mall has declined to less than two-thirds its space.

Read full article here:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080514/BIZ01/305140086/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:09:07 PM by UncleRando »

Online ink

• UO Supporting Moderator
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2008, 02:55:23 PM »
That's sad; growing up, we went to the Forest Fair Bigg's quite often. It was the only part of the mall that was original after the renovations.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:56:11 PM by inkaelin »

Offline JamesMatthew

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »
My Friend told me that Berean moved on the other side of 275 where the walmart is which makes alot better sense for that store.. and now with biggs being gone..  that corridor wont have much of anything  and eventually Jonny Rockets will leave. Bass Pro wont be far behind..

Online ink

• UO Supporting Moderator
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2008, 02:59:52 PM »
I don't know much about Bass Pro; do they usually locate in malls? Cabellas has a tendency to locate in rural/isolated areas along the interstate and doesn't require a shopping mall for additional draw. This is why I see Kohls leaving first, especially since they already have another Fairfield/Hamilton location.

Offline JamesMatthew

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2008, 03:05:05 PM »
Well there are already talks of Bass Pro moving to West Chester off of I-75 within the next 2-3 years. (nothing offical yet)  Personally.. I'd like to see Khols move into the Colerain area.. like the shopping center with Dicks.. I think they'd get good business there.

Offline UncleRando

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Get on board!
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
Tear it down and return the area to nature...absolutely no need for this massive retailing structure.

Offline ragerunner

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2008, 09:27:16 AM »
I would prefer to see them build the outlet mall on this site closer to the city than on the greenfield site in Monroe. Same company.
Colorado Front Range - 300 days of sunshine, mass transit, and an outdoor paradise.

Offline Jimmy_James

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »
Tear it down and return the area to nature...absolutely no need for this massive retailing structure.

Agreed.
"It is not a trolley."  -Milton Dohoney, Cincinnati City Manager

Offline ragerunner

• 574'-Carew Tower
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »

Agreed.

I am sure the company would be more than happy to sell the land to a government agency for parkland, at the right price.
Colorado Front Range - 300 days of sunshine, mass transit, and an outdoor paradise.

Offline so it goes

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
With Cincinnati Financial and a lot of successful fast food places I think tearing down at least the Bigg's wing of the mall and creating an office park could be successful

I remembering hearing that Steve and Berry's is opening a Hamilton location so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go as the place starts to clear out. My friend worked at Showcase Springdale when they built the Cincy Mills Cinema and said it was to alleviate some of the traffic from the Springdale location which was one of their busiest, but movie theatres aren't doing as good as they once were so who knows if there is still a need. Also I heard somewhere thet Off 5th would probably move up to the new Monroe outlet mall, that's probaby true of the other outlet stores as well.

So on second thought, tear it all down. Which is sad, like inkaelin, Bigg's was my usual grocery store as a kid, and it had an awesome toy section.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:46:22 PM by oneglove »
While the crisis lasted, people loved each other

Offline MrsAWeeks

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »
The Nine West Outlet is closing at Cincinnati Mills.  All shoes are an additional 40% off and they have a whole bunch marked down to $10.  Their last day is June 21st.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:22:04 PM by MrsAWeeks »

Offline cincyimages

• Follow on Facebook
  • Premium Member
  • cincyimages.com
    • cincyimages.com
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »
I was absolutely wrong to think that this mall could make it after the Mills Corp remodel.  Fairfield & Forest Park are incapable of supporting a large retail development.

Offline JamesMatthew

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
Well bargin shoppers will be delighted when the stores go out of business.. discount galore.. they should all go out a the same time.. you'd see mass people there for a change.. atleast for a day or two.

Offline unusualfire

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
Might as well move mercy hospital into it and make it a super regional hospital..

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »
WLWT just reported that Guitar Center is closing, leaving that entire wing of the mall empty.  No article on their website at this time.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline Blue Line

• Doors Closing
  • 665'-Queen City Square
  • Helvetican City
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
^Well, Guitar Center started running ads for the grand opening of a new store in Springdale, about three weeks ago.  I was almost certain that they would be closing the Cincinnati Mills location.

That mall renovation was a gargantuan failure.
"When God created human beings, I bet he didn't think of bombs and things.  I bet he wonders why." -N*E*R*D
---
Committed to a cleaner, safer, and community-oriented city
Spring in Our Steps | CUF Neighborhood Association | Citizens for Civic Renewal

Offline so it goes

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
you are correct sir!

Music Store Leaving Cincinnati Mills
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=13890bea-2ada-45af-ab63-96de71c3b722
Last Update: 11/10 2:30 pm
Another store is pulling out of the Cincinnati Mills mall.

The Guitar Center is closing its location at the mall and re-opening later this week at the Kemper Crossing shopping center in the Tri-County area.

Earlier this year, the mall lost one of its biggest tenants when the bigg's grocery store there closed.

Mall management was not immediately avaiable for comment but, earlier this year, claimed many stores there were reporting strong sales.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:12:14 AM by so it goes »
While the crisis lasted, people loved each other

Offline Daytonnatian

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
Cincinnati Mills- Future site of Raymond Walters Community College north!

(or Sinclair south)
Just give me a minute. I'll get to it someday.

Offline Blue Line

• Doors Closing
  • 665'-Queen City Square
  • Helvetican City
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
^Or Crossroads Community Church North.
"When God created human beings, I bet he didn't think of bombs and things.  I bet he wonders why." -N*E*R*D
---

Offline thomasbw

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • www.cincystreetcar.tumblr.com
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »
^Citylink

Offline oakiehigh

• The majority of sprawl in this country is produced by those who are fleeing from sprawl.
  • 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
How bout City Link? ...............
...there's a reason that Elm Street and Main Street resonate in our cultural memory. It's not because we're sentimental saps. It's because this pattern of human ecology produced places that worked wonderfully well, and which people deeply loved. - Jim Kunstler

Offline UncleRando

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Get on board!
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline Blue Line

• Doors Closing
  • 665'-Queen City Square
  • Helvetican City
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2008, 03:06:06 PM »
Oh, if only land was allowed to return to nature in some areas, especially along highways.
---

Offline dmerkow

• 1450'-Willis Tower
    • Westerville's Philly Historian
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Maybe the Bengals could get their indoor practice facility they've been bitchin' about and they would have to do much beside throwing down some astroturf in the bigg's.

Offline thomasbw

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • www.cincystreetcar.tumblr.com
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »
what about the world's largest marble collection, all under one roof

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2008, 06:21:43 PM »
you are correct sir!

Music Store Leaving Cincinnati Mills
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=13890bea-2ada-45af-ab63-96de71c3b722
Last Update: 11/10 2:30 pm
Another store is pulling out of the Cincinnati Mills mall.

The Guitar Center is closing its location at the mall and re-opening later this week at the Kemper Crossing shopping center in the Tri-County area.

Earlier this year, the mall lost one of its biggest tenants when the bigg's grocery store there closed.

Mall management was not immediately avaiable for comment but, earlier this year, claimed many stores there were reporting strong sales.

I think Gutter Center's sales were doing fine there. They probably wanted a larger store and to get off the sinking ship. Note also that they will be very close to Sam Ash; those big music stores tend to cluster like car dealerships.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »
Which one of those shopping centers is Kemper Crossing?

Offline seicer

• Premium Member
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »
EMPTY!

Remove Ads