Author Topic: Cleveland: Ohio City: Development and News  (Read 991689 times)

Offline PoshSteve

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
Re: Cleveland: Ohio City: Development and News
« Reply #4865 on: March 19, 2017, 12:44:59 PM »
Climbed up to the top of my building today. Perfect view of the Snavely project at W25th and Detroit. It appears the first floor is pored (underground parking) and columns are going up. Also they have been working on the interiors of the historic buildings across the street from the new build too for a few weeks now.

Offline YABO713

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4866 on: March 19, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »
Climbed up to the top of my building today. Perfect view of the Snavely project at W25th and Detroit. It appears the first floor is pored (underground parking) and columns are going up. Also they have been working on the interiors of the historic buildings across the street from the new build too for a few weeks now.

I drove past yesterday for the first time in probably 3-4 weeks. I cannot believe how fast they are moving! Also, as the build out the foundation I begin to grasp how large of a development this actually is. My initial - totally unfounded - thoughts were that it would only take up a parcel or two on the corner.

I would love to see what this does to the property values at Stonebridge, especially considering the project will include a small marketplace.
"They tell me of the River Cuyahoga in the Ohio territory; upon it a great city will emerge." - Correspondence of Thomas Jefferson in drafting 'Notes on the State of Virginia'

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4867 on: March 19, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »
^ I'm most excited for the market. What I miss most about living in the Warehouse District is being right next to Constantinos. This will fill that void. They look to be in a good position there too, between Stonebridge, Lakeview, their own project, and all of the projects just opening and proposed in Hingetown, they'll have alot of condo/apartment residents in very easy walking distance.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #4868 on: March 19, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »

Please continue to live there for a few more years, until the Snavely and Project 29 developments are done! That view is going to look very different. Would be nice to have a then/now comparison. :)
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline freethink

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #4869 on: March 19, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »
Have they announced the operator of the market at the Snavely project yet? Haven't heard.
live small  dream big

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4870 on: March 19, 2017, 10:02:21 PM »
I don't know if it's announced but I am aware of who it is.

Offline seicer

• Premium Member
« Reply #4871 on: March 20, 2017, 09:32:12 AM »
That's coming along quickly!

Offline sooner

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #4872 on: March 20, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »
PoshSteve, you obviously live in Stonebridge....so what is happening with the new exterior cladding there? Thanks.

Offline YABO713

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4873 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
PoshSteve, you obviously live in Stonebridge....so what is happening with the new exterior cladding there? Thanks.

My fiance lives there as well. Last i heard, the building was getting a new name and a new exterior beginning early this summer.
"They tell me of the River Cuyahoga in the Ohio territory; upon it a great city will emerge." - Correspondence of Thomas Jefferson in drafting 'Notes on the State of Virginia'

Offline gotribe

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4874 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »
Awesome view of the site!  There must be a tower crane that's going to pop out of there somewhere.  Doesn't like there's room for a walking crane anywhere. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #4875 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:44 PM »
Awesome view of the site!  There must be a tower crane that's going to pop out of there somewhere.  Doesn't like there's room for a walking crane anywhere. 

No tower crane needed. The Snavely project is only going to be five stories tall.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:03:54 PM by KJP »
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4876 on: March 20, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »

My fiance lives there as well. Last i heard, the building was getting a new name and a new exterior beginning early this summer.

I heard the same. It was supposed to start last spring, but they had trouble finding a company who was able to take on a project of that scale at that time.

Offline lafont

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #4877 on: March 31, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »
There were a few posts here regarding several "broken" street lights on the Hope Memorial Bridge.  I saw the other day all the globes (or whatever they're called) on the "historic" fixtures have been removed, with the wires exposed.  Wonder what they'll be replaced with.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:04:51 PM by lafont »

Offline w28th

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #4878 on: March 31, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
Since a few of the lamps blew off in the ridiculous wind storm a couple weeks ago the city decided to remove them and reinstall them in a bolted manner as opposed to the way they were originally fastened. Hopefully this is done quickly, but I think the city deserves some credit for responding and acting on this immediately.
"When you stand at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East Ninth Street in Cleveland, you stand at one of the busiest corners in the world -- and in the heart of a shopping district known far and wide for its many fine shops."

Offline gotribe

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4879 on: April 01, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »

No tower crane needed. The Snavely project is only going to be five stories tall.
Right, but regardless of the height, I don't think there's anywhere to put a walking crane where it could still boom out all the way across the site.  That it a tight site.  Unless they closed a lane on Detroit to stage a crane.

Online Klingaling87

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4880 on: April 01, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »

Right, but regardless of the height, I don't think there's anywhere to put a walking crane where it could still boom out all the way across the site.  That it a tight site.  Unless they closed a lane on Detroit to stage a crane.

Ageee. Tower cranes aren't used just for height, but also site constraints. Take Columbus's short north. Some of the new infill doesn't require a tower crane based on height, but rather site constraints.

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4881 on: April 01, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
^^ There is a lane on Detroit closed "permanently" for this project. They also regularly close one of the lanes on W25th. By my untrained eye, they should have enough room in their area of Detroit for a crane.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4882 on: April 01, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »
^^ There is a lane on Detroit closed "permanently" for this project. They also regularly close one of the lanes on W25th. By my untrained eye, they should have enough room in their area of Detroit for a crane.

Are their any plans to make that intersection more pedestrian friendly?   It can be a brutal stretch to cross...
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline YABO713

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4883 on: April 01, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
I have this grand vision of 29th Street being closed and entirely pedestrian from Detroit to Church Ave. With the addition of the brewery this summer as well as the existing shops and JukeBox, I think this would be a GREAT entertainment area for locals. Additionally, closing such a small stretch would not seriously affect any traffic patterns.

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4884 on: April 02, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Snapped some pics of inside the fences at the Snavely project. Views are from Detroit and 25th

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #4885 on: April 09, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »
Saturation isn't a worry for Ohio City restaurateurs
April 09, 2017
By SUSAN CONDON LOVE

Ohio City, to paraphrase a quote about Silicon Valley, "is a mindset, not a location."

This spring, those words resonate with particular meaning. Within a few months, at least seven restaurants are opening, and several already established dining spots are planning changes to their menus.

...With this flurry of activity, continuing a decade of growth in the historic Cleveland neighborhood, the question arises: Is too much happening in an already area home to some 250 business and 9,000 residents?

Vibrancy to a saturation point, it seems, is a complicated question.

...There's another factor in restaurateurs' faith that healthy growth can be sustained. In 2013, Ohio City Inc. conducted a housing study that showed "immediate demand" for more than 1,800 units of new housing.

"Since we conducted the housing study, there have been more than 200 units of for-sale and rental housing completed, and over 1,000 more units under construction or development, resulting in an investment of nearly $300 million," Shaw said.

MORE:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20170409/NEWS/170409838/saturation-isnt-a-worry-for-ohio-city-restaurateurs

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4886 on: April 10, 2017, 09:41:46 AM »
^Time for a mixed-use multi-story TOD development at 25th/Lorain! 
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline RMB

• 279'-First Energy Center
« Reply #4887 on: April 10, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
For what it's worth on the saturation front, I wanted to go to Bakersfield on Saturday night.  We put our name into the app at 6:30 and they forecasted a table open at 9:30.  We walked there to have a drink and had to sit on the patio outside because the building was at fire code capacity.  We gave up and walked to Bar Cento at 9pm, the tables were all full and we only managed to get a first-come, first-serve bar table after waiting for 15 minutes.

I think this summer will see even more popularity for the neighborhood.

Offline BelievelandD1

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #4888 on: April 10, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
For what it's worth on the saturation front, I wanted to go to Bakersfield on Saturday night.  We put our name into the app at 6:30 and they forecasted a table open at 9:30.  We walked there to have a drink and had to sit on the patio outside because the building was at fire code capacity.  We gave up and walked to Bar Cento at 9pm, the tables were all full and we only managed to get a first-come, first-serve bar table after waiting for 15 minutes.

I dont know anything about Bakersfield, never been...but i did walk by on saturday AM going to my car from the market.  They definitely didnt cut corners with the decor...seems like a place that will be a big hit.

Offline seicer

• Premium Member
« Reply #4889 on: April 10, 2017, 11:09:45 AM »
It's so good. OTR born, expanded to Columbus and Indianapolis, and now Cleveland. Well worth it!

Offline YABO713

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4890 on: April 10, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »

Bakersfield on Saturday night eluded me like Dorsia to Patrick Bateman

Offline MorningTheft

• 468'-Scripps Center
  • In my day we didn't need a cell phone to get some.
« Reply #4891 on: April 18, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »
I've noticed some work going on at the old Anthony's Hardware on Bridge and 47th. Now there is a building permit in the window.  Anyone know what the plan is?

Offline YO to the CLE

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #4892 on: April 18, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »
I saw that too. I hope it will remain retail. That area could use a small little commercial building. One of my biggest pet peeves is when they convert storefronts to residential.

Online CbusTransit

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #4893 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Transferred in November to BEAVOGUI REALTY LTD. Looks like they own a nice house in Battery Park and this place in Cuyahoga County.

No building permits in the Cleveland online system associated with that parcel yet.

Offline viscomi

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #4894 on: April 18, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »
Last I heard there was to be an African goods (import?) store going in there. Sudanese, maybe? My memory is crap.

Offline Pugu

• Swimming the Cuyahoga
  • 947'-Key Tower
« Reply #4895 on: April 18, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »
^an african store would be very cool. Why do think it would be Sudanese--are there a lot of people from Sudan in Ohio City?

Offline YABO713

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #4896 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »
^an african store would be very cool. Why do think it would be Sudanese--are there a lot of people from Sudan in Ohio City?

Most of the recent immigrants on Cleveland's West side are from East Africa: Somalia, Sudanese, and Ethiopian all have notable populations.

Offline dhm

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #4897 on: April 18, 2017, 01:33:23 PM »
Huge Congolese Church on the corner of 45th and bridge right there. Lots of African immigrants mostly are from DRC (Congo) and are housed on near west side.

Source: I work for migration services and live on w 47

Offline dhm

• 367'-PNC Bank
« Reply #4898 on: April 18, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »
While Somali and Sudanese immigrants are more noticeable because of the way they dress, Congolese immigrants  outnumber them immensely. You just don't notice them because they look like native African American

Offline PoshSteve

« Reply #4899 on: April 18, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Update on the Snavely Project (I really wish this had a name already). View is from where Superior Viaduct/Vermont meets W25th

Remove Ads