Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...  (Read 41682 times)

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
^ she did the right thing by putting their customer on blast?

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:53 PM »
She should just Bit*h about it on her show like how Family Guy passive-agressively insults companies that anger the show's creators.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2017, 12:13:08 PM »

Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Online GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
Last night's rerun called out Spirit Air as well.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
I saw that one, too. It was hilarious.
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
It was the "right thing" to thrust an innocent third party into this rather silly dispute?  Who is being petty?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:06:47 PM by Hts121 »
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Online audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »
So apparently she initially booked 15F and then changed it the day of the flight to an aisle seat. Then found out she was put in 15A.  I can see why she would declare WW3 on the airline. Fascists!!!

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
^she speaks for everyone who has experienced bad customer service. As a high profile person, she brings attention to a problem everybody chronically complains about. Who could object to that?

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »
^ She was being petty by posting photos of private citizens.  She made a mountain out of a mole hill.  She originally booked a window seat and ended up with a window seat.  It was not that big of a deal.  If she was bumped from the flight, I'd agree with her although I don't agree with shaming the other customers. 

Online Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
^Does she have to do it by bringing high-profile attention to a low-profile individual?
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »
Wasn't she moved because the airline was trying to seat a family together? If so, I thought the GOPers were all about family values??
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
Coulter did not have any empathy for David Dao who was bumped off a flight altogether.  It's hard to feel sorry for someone who was moved to a different seat in the same row. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:26:13 PM by down4cle »

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »
no one was saying her behavior was exemplary, but it shows the frustration of being in a situation of being treated so poorly these days by the airlines or any other (alleged) service business. Unlike apparently others commenting here, she's only human, and capable of an outburst now and then that maybe isn't entirely prudent.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »
Maybe a little contrition on her part would make me feel differently.  But she is a disgusting human being who doesn't care about anyone else. 

Offline eastvillagedon

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »
Wasn't she moved because the airline was trying to seat a family together? If so, I thought the GOPers were all about family values??

if the family wanted to sit together, why didn't they book a block of seats in advance? If there was someone of toddler age or younger, I could understand their need to be seated as a group, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2017, 04:32:26 PM »
Delta tried to accommodate the family while making Coulter whole (remember she originally purchase a window seat.)  It is just a super minor inconvenience but Coulter makes a living off of victimhood.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »
if the family wanted to sit together, why didn't they book a block of seats in advance? If there was someone of toddler age or younger, I could understand their need to be seated as a group, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Do you know that they didn't book them together?
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline DarkandStormy

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #437 on: July 17, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
^she speaks for everyone who has experienced bad customer service. As a high profile person, she brings attention to a problem everybody chronically complains about.

Hmmm...so she's the #Triggered #snowflake spokesperson now?  Interesting.

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #438 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:34 PM »
I once booked a transatlantic flight in an aisle seat and ended up in a window seat.   I emailed the airline after the flight and was given flight credit.  I didn't blast the guy in "my" seat.  I handled it like a normal human adult.

Offline smith

• formerly CorySnyder
  • 771'-Terminal Tower
    • Kevin Smith Photography
« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
Coulter did not have any empathy for David Dao who was bumped off a flight altogether.  It's hard to feel sorry for someone who was moved to a different seat in the same row. 

She should be deported

and capable of an outburst now and then that maybe isn't entirely prudent.

By every now and then do you mean every day in the life of Ann Coulter?

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #440 on: July 17, 2017, 04:35:58 PM »
^ She was creating a disturbance so the airline would've been well within their rights to send in LEO and drag her evil a$$ off the plane.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #441 on: July 17, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
No wonder she's never been married.  I'm sure most of her fiancees saw this behavior and ran for the hills.
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #442 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »
She's tweeted about this 41 times already.  Let it go.  You moved over a few seats.  What a snowflake.

Online E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »

This is why the picture was not only justified but a good idea.

Saying "seat a family together" implies a small child was involved.  This was three grownups with no actual need to sit together that should take precedence over her reservation.   This could be why Delta got upset, she blew up their narrative. 

I'd defend Michael Moore in this situation just as loudly, and those who wouldn't slam him just as much as her are displaying a big problem we see too much of these days.  Indeed, there's a chance someone on staff decided to mess with her.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Online E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2017, 05:52:07 AM »
Delta tried to accommodate the family while making Coulter whole (remember she originally purchase a window seat.)  It is just a super minor inconvenience but Coulter makes a living off of victimhood.

A window seat is about 10% less comfortable than an aisle.  A middle seat is about 95% less comfortable.  Especially if you are average sized or more.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2017, 07:30:59 AM »
10% less comfort is the epitome of 1st world problems.   Suck it up snowflake. 

Online E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
10% less comfort is the epitome of 1st world problems.   Suck it up snowflake. 

Re-read.
- P. J. O'Rourke

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
She got a window which is 10% less comfortable.  Cry me a river.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
I'm still surprised she was sitting in coach! 
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #449 on: July 18, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
I think it's a reasonable thing to complain about, to a degree, considering the 'family' consisted of ADULTS. It wasn't really necessary. She should have made one Twitter post about it at the most - and sent a complaint to Delta and that's it. She never should have posted a picture of the family. Considering she is a well-known public figure with a lot of followers, that could easily result in them being harassed by her crazy supporters. You shouldn't be allowed to take pictures of people and publish it, without their consent.

The family should have booked three consecutive seats... I don't see what is so difficult about this concept of 'holding a reservation.' That nonsense happens all the time when you rent a specific kind of car and once you show up at Enterprise, you're told, "I'm sorry, all we have is a compact." Last night, my girlfriend and I reserved a table at Melting Pot for 6:15, showed up right on time and still had to wait 15 minutes. 15 minutes isn't bad but I've made reservations before where it was much worse than that. If you can't guarantee something, just don't give people false hopes by offering them a chance to reserve something. Ann Coulter definitely took it too far and for most people, the only issue would be that $30 is a more substantial amount of money than it is to Ann Coulter, who cares much more about 10% leg room than she does about getting reimbursed. It's definitely not something that warrants 30 Twitter posts and a mass boycott of Delta. Jesus, everyone wants to boycott companies for the pettiest of issues.

My favorite airline is Spirit. The plane was half empty and I was able to sprawl across 3 seats on my way to Orlando from Cleveland  :-D I actually had my shoes off and foot sticking out in the isle. That's how I like to fly  :laugh: They didn't even measure my luggage which was way bigger than the dimensions allowed for carry-on and should have warranted like a hundred dollar surcharge.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:09:11 AM by David »

Online audidave

• 771'-Terminal Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #450 on: July 18, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »
The scenario i feel this could be is that the girl is like 17 or 18 and on her first plane trip. I'm sure nobody from that trip is coming forward since they will be on full media blast to get details. Anything they say negatively about Ann she'll probably sue them. So what would be the point.

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #451 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
My first flight was solo at the age of 8, visiting my grandparents in Atlanta. I didn't know anybody on the plane and it was chaotic because it was right before the Olympics in 1996. The only devastating thing about that experience was that I remember being told it was standard protocol to give everyone peanuts and I never received them.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:20:14 AM by David »

Offline PhilaDayphiaMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
« Reply #452 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »
I'm still surprised she was sitting in coach! 

That's what I was thinking...
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Online down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #453 on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
^ She claims that her time used to book the seat is worth $10k.  If that's true, she should just buy a first class seat.  I'll show the same empathy for her that she shows for others.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Obtaining Glory on UrbanOhio since 2008.
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #454 on: July 18, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »
^ She claims that her time used to book the seat is worth $10k.  If that's true, she should just buy a first class seat.  I'll show the same empathy for her that she shows for others.

So any time I interact with customer service in response to a company's mistake, do I get to charge them my standard hourly bill rate that I charge my clients?

Yeah, no... it doesn't work that way.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Remove Ads