Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...  (Read 44373 times)

stpats44113 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
Re: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »
Fake Sweden expert on Fox News – has criminal convictions in US, no connection to Swedish security
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/fake-sweden-expert-on-fox-news-has-criminal-convictions-in-us-no-connection-to-swedish-security/
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." – Winston Churchill

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
^Fake news by the libtard press.  They brought a French guy on the show to vouch for the Swedish 'expert'

Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »
From #HanoiJane to #MoscowSean....

When did you wake up and realize you were a stooge of America's enemy @seanhannity? https://t.co/F3ttd1RkFQ
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." – Winston Churchill

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2017, 09:59:18 AM »
^Fake news by the libtard press.  They brought a French guy on the show to vouch for the Swedish 'expert'

I'm still laughing at this

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2017, 10:08:32 AM »
If a Russia and Trump collusion is ever proven, Hannity and all the other Russia defenders will look stupid. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »
Here’s how Fox News covered the CBO report that 24 million people would lose their insurance https://t.co/1BWtfa8EO0

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
Glenn Beck wants to heal the America he divided — one hug at a time https://t.co/Fhu4gcC6Pn

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
No laughing matter. At the core of white supremacy [which is violent and genocidal] is the belief that other races are inferior/not human. https://t.co/8wUNtNwIzj

Offline C-Dawg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Detroit Junior
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2017, 06:08:42 PM »
From http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2016/09/13/ohio-university-disavows-former-fox-news-chief.html:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old news, but man is that crazy. I almost cost OU that sponsorship and was nearly suspended from school for it. I also nearly got kicked out of my major in Scripps. It was a great lesson to learn at a young age. Don't mess with big media, but more importantly, never underestimate the personal vendetta of a tenured professor just phoning it in until retirement.

*Luckily, I had some of my better professors and the head of the school save my a$$!

**For those who don't know, Fox News had a very long and tight relationship with Scripps at OU. Ailes loved OU and donated a ton of money to Scripps School of Communication programs.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:14:18 PM by C-Dawg »

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
Fox News has banned Napolitano from the air indefinitely.  I guess he is just too fake for the fake news network. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
Yep.... Fox News Channel pulls analyst Andrew Napolitano from air after it wasn't able to substantiate UK spying commentary.
https://apnews.com/82a8c0ba374b40d3ad2c0f5ada27c14d
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:37:42 PM by KJP »

Offline audidave

• 947'-Key Tower
  • Akron skyline
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:29 AM »
Thats good news about liars being fired on faux.

Offline BCCLE1

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »

What would be better is to fire all the liars on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, and other leftist news media. Oh wait, that would mean all those stations would have to go off the air, Hallelujah!

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »
Only Fox has been caught spreading Russian propaganda that has caused an international incident.  Nice whataboutism comrade.

Offline Htsguy

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2017, 11:02:00 AM »

What would be better is to fire all the liars on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, and other leftist news media. Oh wait, that would mean all those stations would have to go off the air, Hallelujah!

Hey BBCLE1, hurry up and get outside, some kids are playing on your lawn.

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Oh leftist CBS, with its crime-obsessed procedurals and 24/7 pill commercials.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »

Hey BBCLE1, hurry up and get outside, some kids are playing on your lawn.

Pro tip: If you think literally every media outlet is "leftist", your views are probably at the extreme right.
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2017, 03:41:17 PM »
Well, duh! Hannity is a pap smear. Veteran journalist Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is bad for America. https://t.co/Rx0F2dvizQ https://t.co/2X59P2ynS0

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »
Yep.... Fox News Channel pulls analyst Andrew Napolitano from air after it wasn't able to substantiate UK spying commentary.
https://apnews.com/82a8c0ba374b40d3ad2c0f5ada27c14d

Sounds like a very responsible decision on Fox's part.

Considering it's Fox News we're talking about, I really expected this thread to be about critiquing specific Fox News content that entails disinformation/lies or "Fake news," in which case we have reason to be concerned as millions of misinformed people are watching. Instead, it's just information about what's going on internally in the company which I'm sure happens at every company that big. Sexual harassment and bad apples who go on to be held accountable and get fired. Also generalizations about "Faux News" with no basis for the claims. Hell, I don't even see any video clips of content on here and it's easy to embed a YouTube video on this site. I still contend that for the most part, Fox News really does try to be fair and balanced. Just as fair or more as any other major station. Of course they're conservative and you might not like their agenda - for the most part, I don't either. However, from what I've seen, their pundits are good about explaining the news and bringing on people who represent opposing view-points and they're good about letting them speak their mind and defend themselves.

I've watched Anderson Cooper more than say... Bill O'Reilly and I've never seen Anderson Cooper report the news, then give his opinion and even going rogue, critiquing his own party or preferred president, then going on to interview someone with opposing viewpoints, responding and following up on what they said, the way Bill O'Reilly does. Anderson seems like a robot who just reports the news fed to him, then interviews someone on the opposing side by asking specific scripted questions meant to make them look bad or wrong, usually completely ignoring their response and going on to ask question after question meant to make them look bad/wrong. He always has that look on his face like he's deeply concerned and engaged but it's so obvious he's barely listening to the person he's interviewing.

Then you have Rachel Maddow who acted like Trump's 2005 tax returns were going to be the smoking gun and get him impeached when all it did was show how bad sensationalism and rhetoric can get, for the sake of ratings and ad revenue. Her and Keith Olbermann are equally ridiculous. I had to hear her prattle on and on for like 20 minutes about Trump, then sit through a commercial break, before hearing absolutely nothing informative about Trump's tax Returns. Us knowing how much he made that year was in no way shocking, especially since he's in the volatile real estate market. Keith Olbermann is the same way. No one wants to hear you prattle on with your sensationalist, emotional appeal/logical fallacy speech for 20 minutes; just tell us the d@mn news and act like a rational human being that people are going to feel like they can trust.
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2017, 06:45:19 PM »
LOL note the Italian conservative guy who is going to "hitch his wagons" to the Russians rather than mainstream Europe.    If Fox is trying to help the Trump case, this story doesn't help.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5373058083001/?#sp=show-clips
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
Trump tells his follower on Twitter to watch Judge Jeanine at 9pm on Friday.  She starts off her show blaming Paul Ryan for Trump's failure to pass healthcare reform, and demanded that Ryan resign in a lengthy opening monologue.  Coincidence?

Yesterday, Trump tweets that the Clintons should be looked into for something to do with Russia and uranium.  Hannity focuses his show on the Clintons and uranium/Russia, of course vastly distorting the facts behind that uranium deal in which Hillary, in 2010, was one of nine agency heads to sign off.  Coincidence?

The WH is in full-fledged panic mode and its propaganda machine is working overtime to try to deflect on the WH's behalf.  It would all be very amusing if t weren't for the fact that FNC has such widespread influence in the American electorate. 
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline Columbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
2 Black Women Sue Fox News, Claiming Racial Discrimination

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday night in State Supreme Court in the Bronx, two black women said they were subjected to “top-down racial harassment” in the Fox News payroll department by Judith Slater, the company’s longtime comptroller.

The women — Tichaona Brown, a payroll manager, and Tabrese Wright, a payroll coordinator — accused Ms. Slater of making numerous racially charged comments, including suggestions that black men were “women beaters” and that black people wanted to physically harm white people.

They also said that Ms. Slater claimed that black employees mispronounced words, such as “mother,” “father,” “month” and “ask,” and that she urged Ms. Brown to say those words aloud in a meeting.  Ms. Wright said Ms. Slater once asked if her three children were all “fathered by the same man.”

MORE: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/business/media/fox-news-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-slater.html
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. -- Vincent van Gogh (1853-90)

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
Bill O’Reilly Thrives at Fox News, Even as Harassment Settlements Add Up
About $13 million has been paid out over the years
to address complaints from women about Mr.
O’Reilly’s behavior. He denies the claims have merit.

By EMILY STEEL and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTAPRIL 1, 2017

For nearly two decades, Bill O’Reilly has been Fox News’s top asset, building the No. 1 program in cable news for a network that has pulled in billions of dollars in revenues for its parent company, 21st Century Fox.

Behind the scenes, the company has repeatedly stood by Mr. O’Reilly as he faced a series of allegations of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior.

An investigation by The New York Times has found a total of five women who have received payouts from either Mr. O’Reilly or the company in exchange for agreeing to not pursue litigation or speak about their accusations against him. The agreements totaled about $13 million.

MORE:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/01/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment-fox-news.html

Mon Apr 3, 2017 | 8:01pm EDT
Fox News, Ailes face another sexual harassment lawsuit
By Daniel Wiessner

A Democratic political consultant and Fox News contributor on Monday sued the network and its former chairman, Roger Ailes, accusing them of denying her a permanent hosting job after she rebuffed Ailes' sexual advances.

Julie Roginsky also said in her lawsuit filed in New York state court that a misogynistic culture at Fox News, a unit of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc, had not changed since Ailes resigned last year after a separate sexual harassment lawsuit by former anchor Gretchen Carlson.

Susan Estrich, a lawyer for Ailes, said in a statement that Roginsky's claims were "total hogwash."

MORE:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-twenty-first-fox-lawsuit-idUSKBN1751Z4
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:57:49 PM by KJP »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
Mercedes-Benz pulling ads from "The O'Reilly Factor" http://hill.cm/KA92xG2

Offline David

• Premium Member
« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2017, 11:06:35 PM »
FIVE different sexual harassment cases? I could understand that you're the unfortunate victim of one...or maybe even possibly two over the span of 20 years as a result of being a high profile celebrity... but five woman coming forward?! Come on. Yeah right.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:07:44 PM by David »
Modern architects recognize 300 masterpieces but ignore the other 30 million buildings that have ruined the world. - Andres Duany

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2017, 07:02:48 PM »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
Time for a cost-benefit analysis, Fox.

UPDATE: 20 companies now pulling ads from "The O'Reilly Factor" https://t.co/evc5XfBAVx

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:52 AM »
I heard he paid $9mill out of his own pocket to settle one of those claims.  That might be the second biggest 'nuisance settlement' in American history, right behind the Trump University $25mill payout.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »
Advertisers virtually abandon O’Reilly in bizarre, truncated show

The first commercial break on Thursday included just one advertisement from Coventry Direct, a company that allows seniors to cash in their life insurance policies for cash.

Also LOL-worthy:

Throughout the show, O’Reilly teased a segment featuring sidekick Jesse Waters reporting from a Texas town that doesn’t want college students visiting for spring break.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:03:58 PM by taestell »
Check out my photography on Flickr or Instagram | Twitter: @urbancincy & @taestell | The UrbanCincy Podcast (iTunes)

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2017, 03:20:16 PM »
^I always get a kick out of how the advertisers on O'Reilly's show and Limbaugh's radio program often have the same theme.  They are aimed at old people's money.  The show paints a dystopian picture of America's future, scares the hell outta Gram and Gramps, and then the commercials follow that up with a way to.... ummmm.... 'safeguard' their funds.  It's a very smart scheme.

Offline jmecklenborg

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
My biggest personal memory of Bill O'Reilly was working in an Amazon-type book distribution warehouse in 2005 when his "Culture Warrior" book came out.  We had aisle after aisle packed with that damn book.  They came down the chute one after another on seemingly every order to be packed and sent off. 

https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Warrior-Bill-OReilly/dp/0767920937

Working for a book distributor is depressing.  It's dominated by junk political stuff, Christian books, and conspiracy theory/alien stuff.  The complete opposite of a university library or a small used bookstore. 

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
^ Just look at the selection at a thrift store. Pure crap. It's because supermarkets sell a lot of books and nearly every book sold at a supermarket is shite.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
    • UrbanCincy
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2017, 01:08:32 AM »
When the Eastgate Border's was going out of business in 2011:

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2017, 03:24:35 PM »
Is Baldwin's O'Reilly better than Baldwin's Trump?

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

Remove Ads