Author Topic: Tea Party Movement  (Read 308080 times)

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
Re: Tea Party Movement
« Reply #3675 on: April 18, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »

Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3676 on: April 18, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »

Here's the always-classy Huff Po blog informing others how to go disrupt town halls:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/town-hall-protest-congress-recess_us_58ab1cb8e4b037d17d29fc43

Here's some insight into the planning of such operations:

Overall, not a productive or mature strategy at all, just the results of the left wing childlike temper tantrum that has been going on almost uninterrupted since about 9:00 PM on election day.

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3677 on: April 18, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
^ they are following the Tea Party strategy.  Do you have any comments about tea party childish behavior or is it cool if you do it in  colonial costumes with gadsden flags.  I'm just trying to understand why you're so triggered. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3678 on: April 20, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »
True, true
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3679 on: May 26, 2017, 04:24:44 AM »
Bush speechwriter--The conservative mind has become diseased https://t.co/h1DOqMNLwd Better late than never, I suppose.
"Greater Cleveland is last in the country in number of jobs accessible in typical commute distance, creating a huge drag on economy and more air & water pollution."-- Vibrant NEO

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3680 on: May 26, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »
From former Republican Congressman Bruce Bartlett...

Scapegoats, all purpose whipping boys for a demagogic leader and a party with no moral base except the pursuit of power.
https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/868078620786470912

Offline Brutus_buckeye

• 947'-Key Tower
« Reply #3681 on: May 26, 2017, 11:18:17 AM »
^ I see that in both parties unfortunately, and the lemmings that follow them.

Offline Cleburger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3682 on: May 26, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Of the two parties I feel the Dems at least try to deliver what they campaigned on.  Trump is a rare exception to this for the GOP (though he is taking them to the extreme).  Most GOP candidates run on small government, less spending platforms, then get in there and spend like drunken sailors. 
I got some records from World War II
I play 'em just like me grand dad do
He was a rocker and I am too....Now Cleveland rocks....

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3683 on: May 26, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »
Of the two parties I feel the Dems at least try to deliver what they campaigned on.  Trump is a rare exception to this for the GOP (though he is taking them to the extreme).  Most GOP candidates run on small government, less spending platforms, then get in there and spend like drunken sailors. 

Great point. Time and again Republicans have shown their compelling arguments for fiscal responsibility and ethics are merely talking points.   

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3684 on: May 26, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »
Trump is also reneging on major promises.  No cuts to SS, medicare and Medicaid.   Nope
Better cheaper hc that covers everyone - nope

Offline Hts121

• UO Supporting Member
  • It's still just like your opinion, man
« Reply #3685 on: May 26, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »
Calling radical Islamic terrorists by that name - nope
'Draining the swamp' - nope
Looking out for middle class - HELL NO
Secret plan to defeat ISIS - hahaha
Never playing golf because he would be working too hard - rotflmao
Your true friends will help you up when someone knocks you down.  Your best friend will say "Stay down, I got this."

Offline StrapHanger

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3686 on: May 26, 2017, 02:32:32 PM »
^Not cutting medicaid...
"Cleveland, as you see, is not an apple, but a bunch of grapes each of which has its own particular pattern-some large, others small, some round, others long and narrow, some sweet, others sour, some sound, others rotten throughout."  -Howard Whipple Green, 1932

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3687 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »
^ locking her up

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3688 on: May 26, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
^ You guys are grasping. Even the far left website Politifact can only manage to construe a mere 3% of Trump's promises as "broken" - the vast majority are either already delivered, in the works, or it's simply too soon to tell (it's only been 4 months - he is human, after all, give the man some time! I'm sure he'll get to many of these over the next 7 years and 8 months):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3689 on: May 26, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
 I'm sure he'll get to many of these over the next 7 years and 8 months):

FTFY
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:45:12 PM by down4cle »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3690 on: May 28, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
"It's being associated with a person who puts his party before his country," -- Matthew Malespina, NJ 8th grader

Half of 8th grade class from New Jersey refuses to pose with Speaker Ryan
http://abc7ny.com/2041987/

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3691 on: May 29, 2017, 12:37:26 PM »
Sad times when we could be protecting our future rather than surrendering it to the theocrats and those who can't see past a 90-day business accounting cycle....

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3692 on: May 29, 2017, 12:45:49 PM »
They're not the Alt-Right. They're the Alt-Reality.

@AnnCoulter
We should form a military alliance with Russia to protect it from Western Europe. https://t.co/nqScBGIs8A

Offline stpats44113

• Premium Member
« Reply #3693 on: May 29, 2017, 01:27:00 PM »
So let's look at the promises that Politifact said he's kept so far. I'd say they have been extremely generous about his "accomplishments"

Nominate a Supreme Court justice - Zero effort

Stop TPP - Zero effort

Slash federal regulations - no effort

Save the Carrier Plant - I'll leave this right here: Carrier Plant Trump ‘Rescued’ Will Lay Off Hundreds by Christmas
http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/24/carrier-plant-trump-lay-offs-christmas/

Reverse the 2016 gun executive order - zero effort

Place lifetime bans on White House officials lobbying for foreign government - He forgot to tell Michael Flynn & Paul Manafort

That's it. That's the sum of his accomplishment in 130 days and with a republican controlled congress. We could have elected someone who is capable of signing their name and gotten the same results. Would you like to list all the damage he's done?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:27:43 PM by stpats44113 »

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3694 on: May 29, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »
"It's being associated with a person who puts his party before his country," -- Matthew Malespina, NJ 8th grader

Half of 8th grade class from New Jersey refuses to pose with Speaker Ryan
http://abc7ny.com/2041987/

I would say I hope little Matt grows up some day and feels a bit embarrassed about being in the news for something like this, but unfortunately his bad attitude is one that's exhibited by so many adults nowadays. I think you even posted this in praise, for example.

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3695 on: May 29, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
Why should he be embarrassed?   Who would want to pose with an invertibrate?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:52:09 PM by down4cle »

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3696 on: June 20, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »
Oldie but a goody....

A 5-Step Guide: Explaining Christianity to Republicans
https://forwardprogressives.com/5-step-guide-explaining-christianity-republicans/

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3697 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
Fascinating story re Colorado Springs. After their extreme anti-tax experiment failed, things are normalizing.
https://t.co/r3y4K3hqZs

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #3698 on: July 08, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
Climatologists are wrong. The rest of the world is wrong. Corporations are wrong. Only the GOP & Fox are right

What mindset does that take?

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #3699 on: July 08, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »
Climatologists are wrong.

Strawman.   Like saying "deniers" instead of the more accurate "skeptics".

It's the use of political tactics and language, combined with the fact that the AGW theory is useful to both bureaucrats and climatology departments, that leads to much of this skepticism.
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3700 on: July 08, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »
moon landing deniers vs skeptics.  same thing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:37:59 AM by down4cle »

Offline E Rocc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Defender Of The Sprawl
« Reply #3701 on: July 09, 2017, 04:40:17 AM »
moon landing deniers vs skeptics.  same thing.

BS.  The moon landing is a historical fact.  AGW is an unproven theory, and a lot more tenuous than some like to pretend. 
"I mean, this man just can't be president of the US. I mean, they got this button, it's in a briefcase, he's gonna find it."
- P. J. O'Rourke

Offline down4cle

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3702 on: July 09, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »
Ok.  Evolution deniers vs skeptics.   

Both accepted scientific theories. 

Offline ck

• --ch4k1ng--
  • 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #3703 on: July 09, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
Strawman.   Like saying "deniers" instead of the more accurate "skeptics".

It's the use of political tactics and language, combined with the fact that the AGW theory is useful to both bureaucrats and climatology departments, that leads to much of this skepticism.

It might be unproven, but it's the best we have to go by and waiting until things are without doubt to act would be catastrophic in many areas.  And anything that needs legislation is of course going to go through the political crap, but using that and a perceived benefit to climatology departments is in itself a logical fallacy and will allow anything to be denied whenever it is convenient.  Someone will always benefit. Claiming Big Climatology is holding the world hostage with BS because it'll benefit their departments is amusing though. 

As Scientific American puts it a couple years ago:

Consensus science is a phrase often heard today in conjunction with anthropogenic global warming (AGW). Is there a consensus on AGW? There is. The tens of thousands of scientists who belong to the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Chemical Society, the American Geophysical Union, the American Medical Association, the American Meteorological Society, the American Physical Society, the Geological Society of America, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and, most notably, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change all concur that AGW is in fact real. Why?

It is not because of the sheer number of scientists. After all, science is not conducted by poll. As Albert Einstein said in response to a 1931 book skeptical of relativity theory entitled 100 Authors against Einstein, “Why 100? If I were wrong, one would have been enough.” The answer is that there is a convergence of evidence from multiple lines of inquiry—pollen, tree rings, ice cores, corals, glacial and polar ice-cap melt, sea-level rise, ecological shifts, carbon dioxide increases, the unprecedented rate of temperature increase—that all converge to a singular conclusion. AGW doubters point to the occasional anomaly in a particular data set, as if one incongruity gainsays all the other lines of evidence. But that is not how consilience science works. For AGW skeptics to overturn the consensus, they would need to find flaws with all the lines of supportive evidence and show a consistent convergence of evidence toward a different theory that explains the data. (Creationists have the same problem overturning evolutionary theory.) This they have not done.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-climate-skeptics-are-wrong/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:56:52 PM by ck »

Offline surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #3704 on: July 09, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
It might be unproven, but it's the best we have to go by and waiting until things are without doubt to act would be catastrophic in many areas.

I've never been on board with the idea that global warming is an imminent threat. Not to say I don't think it is uninteresting, as I'm certainly for more research on the subject. Until we know more we should just be wary of any posed solution that hurts the U.S. economically. Human nature being what it is, we have seen countless examples both here and abroad where well-intended laws and regulations simply become mere political tools for certain powerful factions.

Remove Ads