Author Topic: Indianapolis: Developments and News  (Read 23842 times)

Offline mrnyc

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • friends of the highline
Re: Indianapolis: Developments and News
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2017, 12:35:24 PM »
well, damn, something's going on in indy, even if it is mostly variations of the same apt building. who cares though, obviously people are liking it and the more density they can build back up and the more people the better. good for them.
"That whole rural thing. It's a joke." Ed Koch

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »
Retail, office space planned for former General Motors plant site in Indianapolis

A hotel, office space and retail space is planned for the former General Motors plant site west of downtown Indianapolis.

The property was sold to Ambrose Property Group, which submitted a proposal for 2.7 million square feet of development and investment of more than $550 million for apartments, office space, retail space and a hotel along the White River.

More below:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/retail-office-space-planned-for-former-general-motors-plant-site-in-indianapolis

I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
Contentious Chatham Arch condo project wins approval from city commission

A contentious condominium development that would encompass an entire block in the Chatham Arch neighborhood has finally won approval from the city.

The Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission voted 6-1 Wednesday in favor of the project, which features 55 condominiums in two four-story buildings along North East Street south of Ninth Street, along with seven single-family homes and four townhouses situated on the east side of the block facing North Park Avenue.

More below:
https://www.ibj.com/blogs/3-property-lines/post/63690-contentious-chatham-arch-condo-project-wins-approval-from-city-commission?platform=hootsuite

I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

A Bizarre Park Called The Idle Is Planned For Downtown

Indianapolis tourism has always been hampered by the lack of an ocean, lake, shoreline, or mountains—something majestic for the advertisements, something obvious for visitors to gravitate to. Our something-majestic is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Concrete and pavement and fumes.

Not quite the same, right? Not so fast, says Tom Battista, one of downtown’s visionaries. He finds traffic fascinating, so much so that he’s creating a park overlooking downtown’s interstates. It’s called The Idle, and after five years of work on the plan, the wheels are finally turning. The Federal Highway Administration has signed off, Battista says, and yesterday, the project launched a $41,000 crowdfunding campaign with a matching grant.

More below:
http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/news-opinion/bizarre-park-the-idle/

Offline BigDipper 80

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »
Five years for some plastic seats and a Cedar Point style useless non-canopy?  :-o

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
Butler set to start work on $49M School of Business building

The transformation of the Butler University campus is continuing with the college’s plans to break ground next month on a $49 million building to house its School of Business.

Butler’s business school now occupies the Holcomb Building which, along with neighboring Gallahue Hall, will be renovated in the next few years as part of a separate, $92 million project to grow the school’s science program.

More below:
https://www.ibj.com/articles/63650-butler-set-to-start-work-on-49m-school-of-business-building

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
New plans emerge for former Omar Bakery site on East 16th

A new plan to redevelop the former Omar Bakery property near East 16th Street is nearing city approval, with the proposal calling for the demolition of the vacant, century-old building.

After receiving the green light from the Regional City Hearing Examiner on May 11, the proposal from CalAtlantic Homes of Indiana (formerly Ryland Homes) to build 34 townhomes on the near-north-side lot is set to be presented June 7 to the Metropolitan Development Commission.

More below:
https://www.ibj.com/blogs/3-property-lines/post/63862-new-plans-emerge-for-former-omar-bakery-site-on-east-16th?id=3-property-lines

Remove Ads