PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland/Lakewood: The Edge Developments  (Read 29014 times)

Offline Mendo

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: Cleveland/Lakewood: The Edge Developments
« Reply #1530 on: March 31, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »
^ A couple new windows along that sidewalk would be nice.

Offline Mendo

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #1531 on: April 13, 2018, 12:36:42 PM »
Lucky's at W. 117th and Clifton opening set for May 16th.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180411/news/157936/luckys-market-sets-may-16-its-cleveland-debut

Lucky's Market sets May 16 for its Cleveland debut

May 16 is the opening date for the latest grocer to enter the Cleveland market.

Lucky's Market, a natural foods grocery chain based in Boulder, Colo., announced its first Cleveland store will open on that data in the new Shoppes on Clifton, at 11620 Clifton Blvd. in the Edgewater neighborhood of Cleveland. It will be the second Lucky's in Ohio, following a store in Columbus.

In a news release, the grocer said it will stage a "bacon-cutting ceremony" at 10 a.m. on May 16 and will present a total of more than $10,000 in grants to support three local nonprofits: The Refugee Response, to fund the purchase and installation of a cold storage unit and a starthouse heater for the Ohio City Farm to help increase sales and reduce waste; Girls with Sole to support costs of transportation, materials, healthy food and fitness equipment for Camp Power; and University Settlement to support nutrition programming and to provide daily meals for clients in the Adult Wellness Program.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #1532 on: April 13, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
Coming along. But that blank wall along West 116th really gets to me....

Along Lake, Brickhaus is moving dirt for its 11 townhouses....

"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1533 on: April 20, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »
Work continues (slowly) on the new Clifton Diner....
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1534 on: April 29, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »
Finally! They've got menus up in the windows.....

Landmark, in Renovated Clifton Diner Spot, Will Open on Monday April 30
https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2018/04/24/landmark-in-renovated-clifton-diner-spot-will-open-on-tuesday-april-30

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1535 on: May 01, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
Yesterday the Landmark Deli opened at Clifton/West 117th, but it was a soft opening -- only for dinner this week. They will also have breakfast and lunch. It's in the space of the old Clifton Diner that is opening a block west in Lakewood. But this place serves beer and cocktails and you order from the counter, with the food brought to your table British pub style. It's Ohio's first restaurant w/ a wood-fired broiler, the permitting for which was the source of delay in opening.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:30:26 AM by KJP »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1536 on: May 01, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
The new Chipotle on Clifton at West 117th in Cleveland is very busy. This is the waiting-to-order line from Sunday evening. Employees say its been like this since it opened a few weeks ago. FYI: the CVS across the street & the Take 5 oil change on W117th are their highest revenue stores in Cuyahoga County. Lots of population nearby

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1537 on: May 01, 2018, 11:31:29 AM »
^ I wonder how this Chipotle is affecting the Lakewood location. 

Offline MyPhoneDead

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1538 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:09 AM »
Hopefully not the same way the University Circle location affected the [former] Coventry location.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1539 on: May 04, 2018, 08:39:44 AM »
^ That Chipotle put Que Tal out of business.  What a shame.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1540 on: May 06, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
From Cudell Improvement Inc. Snippets.....

GROUNDBREAKING INVITATION
Join us for a wonderful evening of hors d'oeuvres/libations
 provided by Brickhaus Partners to celebrate the ground-
breaking of our newest community, One Seventeen.

Brickhaus Partners and The Ted & Co. Team at Howard Hanna
will be joined by Councilman Matt Zone, Mayor Frank Jackson
and other local dignitaries.

The event is Wednesday, May 9th and will begin at 5:00 PM
at the site on W. 117th and Lake followed by a reception at
Twist.

Look forward  to seeing you.  Email linda@cudell.com to rsvp.

+++++++++

RIBBON-CUTTING INVITATION
Very excited to announce the ribbon-cutting for the long awaited Lucky's Market at 11620 Clifton Blvd. will be on Wednesday, May 16th at 11 am.   It involves bacon!   

+++++++++

GRAND OPENING INVITATION
Brittany Nock and her instructors invite all to visit the new Journey Yoga & Wellness at 10431 Clifton Blvd. on Saturday, May 12th from 9 am - 4 pm.  Tour the beautiful new facility and learn all about Vinyasa Yoga, Family Yoga, Slow Flow and Therapeutic Massage. 

Looks like West 104 and Clifton Blvd. is the epicenter of health, wellness and exercise with Be Studios and Journey Yoga & Wellness.   

Offline snakebite

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1541 on: May 06, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
Last time I was in the Lakewood Chipotle it almost queued out the door at 8pm.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1542 on: May 07, 2018, 09:53:11 PM »
New Lucky's organic grocery store signs are up and is 10 days away from its grand opening on Clifton at West 117th in Cleveland.

Offline jeremyck01

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #1543 on: May 07, 2018, 10:26:45 PM »
^I like that Lucky's sign on the roof.  Old school.

Offline G00pie

• Excavation Site
« Reply #1544 on: May 08, 2018, 03:25:22 PM »
Its been awesome to watch this get built!  Great addition to this area.  I live right down the street and am looking forward to walking to Lucky's for my vegetables when im lazy and dont go to the westside market.  Once the Townhomes start going up ill get pictures as well!

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1545 on: May 16, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
Although it had its soft opening on Monday, today Lucky's organic grocery store officially opened on Clifton at West 117th -- on the CLEVELAND side. There seems to be some confusion as which side of West 117th Street this is. By the way, the lake-induced fog was making their high-flying balloons difficult to see sometimes!

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1546 on: May 16, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »
Although it had its soft opening on Monday, today Lucky's organic grocery store officially opened on Clifton at West 117th -- on the CLEVELAND side. There seems to be some confusion as which side of West 117th Street this is. By the way, the lake-induced fog was making their high-flying balloons difficult to see sometimes!

A lot of people (east siders) think that Lakewood starts at the end of the West Shoreway.,

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1547 on: May 16, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »
A lot of east siders would never set foot on the west side if the airport wasn't there.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1548 on: May 16, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
Welcome to Lucky's natural foods grocery store grand opening! I think it will be a great success in this neighborhood. My wife already likes it! And it has visibly increased the pedestrian, bicycle, transit and car traffic at The Edge....

Offline BOJ

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1549 on: May 16, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
Wow, that got busy fast. I understand that a new store draws patrons, but lots of shoppers there (for grocery). Good to see.

Offline osu4brutus03

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #1550 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:57 PM »
I was very impressed on my first visit today. Iím not big on organic foods but Iím going to change that now.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1551 on: May 16, 2018, 10:35:38 PM »
What are the prices like?

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1552 on: May 16, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »
What are the prices like?

Wasn't really paying attention to prices, but I did notice the roasted whole chicken was $5.

Online bjk

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1553 on: May 17, 2018, 07:37:39 AM »
We had one of the $5 roasted chickens - I think that is the Wednesday special price.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1554 on: May 20, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »
The level of activity has ramped up noticeably in my neighborhood lately in recent days.....

Clifton Diner will soon add to the goings-on around here. Work is progressing on their new location at Clifton/Hird including this outdoor patio facing Clifton....

They're coming from as far away as Maine!

The quality, high-density housing stock in the neighborhood helps....

People are dying to move into this area!

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1555 on: May 20, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
I did my weekly shopping at Lucky's today.  I like the store, although it was much too busy today to really get a good feel for the place.  It seems like a more mainstream Nature's Bin (in a good way.) 

Online ethlaw

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #1556 on: May 21, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »
Does anyone know if anything is planned for the last remaining retail spot in the new building next to Lucky's? When the project first started I had heard that a sushi place would go there, but there's been no sign of anything going in that space.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1557 on: May 21, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
Does anyone know if anything is planned for the last remaining retail spot in the new building next to Lucky's? When the project first started I had heard that a sushi place would go there, but there's been no sign of anything going in that space.

Tenants have been looking at the space -- I was with my wife at the nail salon when representatives of Sprint PCS were looking at the retail spaces and talking to the managers of each. But that was a couple of months ago and I've not seen any evidence of anything coming in.

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1558 on: May 22, 2018, 07:49:42 AM »

Does Lucky's offer sushi in their prepared foods section?   If not a sushi place would be a great fit there.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1559 on: May 22, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »

Does Lucky's offer sushi in their prepared foods section?   If not a sushi place would be a great fit there.

Didn't look. Not a sushi fan. But you can order a pint of beer, glass of wine, or a coffee/latte/cappuccino from the bar near the Clifton entrance and drink it (spill it) while you shop.