Author Topic: Cincinnati: Madisonville: Development and News  (Read 11498 times)

Offline IAGuy39

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: Cincinnati: Madisonville: Development and News
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
Yes that is huge are they taking out the UDF there then on the corner?  Looks like it to me but I may be turned around, to me that looks like the corner of Red Bank and Madison

Online edale

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »
^ Nope, it's there on the bottom right corner. It's great that this huge development is going forward, and I hope it will have a positive effect on the rest of Madisonville, which could really use the help. Much of Madisonville looks like a rural Appalachian community instead of a city neighborhood. It needs some serious investment and new construction.

Offline IAGuy39

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »
^OK i see it now, I thought those were some architectural shades or something!  I agree, Maddyville needs a lot of investment, hopefully the plan to re-do their "downtown" on Madison eventually moves forward.

Offline Ucgrad2015

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2018, 11:26:08 PM »
Apparently Medpace tried to buy the UDF but the owners would not take any offers for it. Medpace even said they would relocate them Across the street where the new duck creek connector is. As for downtown Madisonville, the financing for that project on the corner of Madison and Whetsel has been finalized and the developer is hoping to start construction on the first phase in the summer.

Online edale

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:10 PM »
^ That’s amazing to hear, an honestly quite surprising to me. I drove through Madisonville a few times when I was back in Cincinnati for Christmas, and I thought it looked really rough. Development at that corner would be a game changer!

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2018, 12:27:53 AM »
There's probably hidden money in the UDF.

Offline thomasbw

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
There's probably hidden money in the UDF.

There's always money in the banana stand

Online GCrites80s

• Premium Member
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
Is Yet Another '50s Restaurant open by the UDF?

Offline IAGuy39

« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2018, 11:23:56 AM »
^ That’s amazing to hear, an honestly quite surprising to me. I drove through Madisonville a few times when I was back in Cincinnati for Christmas, and I thought it looked really rough. Development at that corner would be a game changer!

I used to drive through Madisonville quite a bit and still do time to time.  It actually has gotten quite a bit better on the business strip, certain buildings were already re-habbed and new businesses moving in.  But that said, it needs a ton of work still, but hopefully with the funding in place and construction starting soon as UCGrad2015 mentioned, this should get the attention of other entrepreneuers to head towards Madisonville and invest.

Online jjakucyk

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
The neighborhood center at Madison and Whetsel could really shine if they just built up the three empty corners (the strip mall really needs to go or be redeveloped in some way) to address the street).  The trajectory does seem to be going in the right direction, but I fear that all this new automobile-centric stuff going on along Red Bank will just cause more of a flood of cars down Madison and choke off the good that's been done so far in bringing that corridor back.  It's an odd 50'-wide roadway with some confusing lane changes that could be nicely traffic calmed, but I bet the pressure will be in the opposite direction.

Offline IAGuy39

« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »
^Isn't the proposal for Madison & Whetsel to tear down the strip mall and build new mixed use?  Or is that a later phase?

Offline jmicha

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »
It's to build new mixed use on the other three corners, spruce up the strip mall for now, and later tear it down and redevelop (If I'm remembering correctly. @Ucgrad2015 lives in the area and went to the meetings so he can give more details).

Offline Ucgrad2015

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »
It's to build new mixed use on the other three corners, spruce up the strip mall for now, and later tear it down and redevelop (If I'm remembering correctly. @Ucgrad2015 lives in the area and went to the meetings so he can give more details).

That is correct. There will be 4 phases with the first phase being the southeast corner of Whetsel and Madison. The strip mall will be renovated, but the developer said he would rather it be torn down but that was not doable in the current plans. 

Offline IAGuy39

« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
^OK thank you.  Wondering on this but isn't the NE Corner already a historical bank building that was rehabbed already, so they won't tear that down correct?  Sorry if I am missing something.

Offline jmicha

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »
Yes, the bank building will remain. I believe the concept had a new mixed use building in place of the generic 1-story retail to the north and east.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:41:44 PM by jmicha »

Offline Ucgrad2015

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
Yes, the bank building will remain. I believe the concept had a new mixed use building in place of the generic 1-story retail to the north.

That is correct yes.

Offline Ucgrad2015

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »
The new hotel by MedPace is almost complete as well as the Red apartments across Red Bank.  Saw yesterday that they have fenced off the area where the new MedPace office tower is going and also saw what looked maybe like some sort of crane.

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
Peek inside Cincinnati’s first Dolce Hotel

The region’s first Dolce Hotel, Summit Hotel, is scheduled to open Tuesday, April 17.

Summit Hotel is an $80 million hotel and conference center that was built as part of, and on top of, the former Medpace parking garage, which itself was formerly a NuTone factory. The 239-room hotel has 34,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space including nearly 11,000 square feet of terrace and gardens.

Bruce Flyer, general manager of Summit, said this was a great location for a Dolce hotel.

“Nothing like it exists in the Cincinnati market,” Flyer told me.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/04/16/peek-inside-cincinnati-s-first-dolce-hotel-photos.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:01 PM »
Affordable homes coming to one of Cincinnati's hottest neighborhoods

Four vacant lots in Madisonville, a neighborhood that has become one of the hottest in Greater Cincinnati, will soon become construction sites for single-family houses.

Madisonville Community Urban Redevelopment Corp. is working with the city of Cincinnati and Titan Real Estate Group to build a total of four homes on Ravenna Street and Peabody Avenue. Titan, a Covington-based development and construction firm, is expected to break ground on the lots in June. Construction is expected to finish by November.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/05/31/affordable-homes-coming-to-one-of-cincinnatis.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online jjakucyk

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »
Those shutters make me sad.

Offline The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »
Get a look at Medpace's $115M expansion: SLIDESHOW
By Tom Demeropolis  – Senior Staff Reporter, Cincinnati Business Courier
Jun 12, 2018, 12:26pm EDT

Construction is underway on an office tower at the corner of Red Bank Expressway and Madison Road that will provide additional space for fast-growing Medpace Holdings Inc.

RBM Development is developing the next phase of Madison Square, which will include 200,000 square feet of office space, 18,000 square feet of retail space and a 925-space parking garage. The total investment for the project is expected to be about $115 million.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/06/12/get-a-look-at-115-million-medpace-expansion.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:02:36 PM by PhilaDayFiyah »

Online jwulsin

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2018, 02:22:35 PM »
^I'm curious what kind of retail will end up here, and if it will be frequented by anybody other than Medpace employees.

Offline The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
Madisonville's business district gets $30M in aid from city, GCRA
By Chris Wetterich  – Staff reporter and columnist, Cincinnati Business Courier

The city and the Greater Cincinnati Redevelopment Authority have approved an aid package for Ackermann Enterprises as it starts a $30 million redevelopment of Madisonville’s business district.

Ackermann plans to add 185 new residential units, 7,500 square feet of new leasable retail space, 24,850 square feet of new leasable office space and façade and tenant improvements to the existing retail space at Madison Center.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/06/25/madisonvilles-business-district-gets-30-million-in.html

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »
Madisonville gets another chance

It's been a decade in the making, but new life for Madisonville's business district is on the way.

The Ackermann Group is ready to break ground on a mixed-use project that is expected to kick-start the redevelopment of Madisonville's business district.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/07/20/madisonville-gets-another-chance.html

Online jwulsin

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
^Super exciting for Madisonville. I'm glad to hear the (DOTE-funded) streetscape project "is meant to slow traffic". Madison Rd through the heart of Madisonville doesn't need any more than 1 lane for traffic in each direction. Simply removing rushhour parking restrictions will go a long way to helping slow traffic and make the sidewalks feel safer for pedestrians.

Offline Cincy_Travels

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
The construction is just getting started on the Medpace expansion but I got a couple pics anyways.

Madison Center 8-5-18 by Chad McCann, on Flickr

Madison Center (2) 8-5-18 by Chad McCann, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:11:16 PM by Cincy_Travels »

Offline Ucgrad2015

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2018, 04:41:21 PM »
Does anyone know what is going on next to The Red apartments? They have a hole dug between the apartments and Red Bank.

Offline nicker66

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »
Does anyone know what is going on next to The Red apartments? They have a hole dug between the apartments and Red Bank.

A parking garage surrounded by more apartments.