PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland Browns Discussion  (Read 63456 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland Browns Discussion
« Reply #7830 on: February 05, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »
Except there's a number of outstanding RBs in this draft. Yes, Barkley looks otherworldly. But one of my favorites is getting overlooked -- Rashaad Penny out of San Diego State. He is listed at 4.6 in the 40, but his game speed is better. Watch videos of him outrunning DBs. Could be Dorsey's Kareen Hunt in Cleveland.
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7831 on: February 26, 2018, 04:56:12 PM »
"Dear Season Ticket Member,

It's a great time to be a part of the Cleveland Browns organization. We are extremely excited about the future of our team, especially
with what we are relentlessly striving to create for you, our fans, on the field..."

And here I thought Trump saying he'd rush into the line of fire was the most delusional thing I've heard all YEAR. Congrats Dorsey's ghostwriter, you've outdone yourself.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7832 on: February 26, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »
"Dear Season Ticket Member,

It's a great time to be a part of the Cleveland Browns organization. We are extremely excited about the future of our team, especially
with what we are relentlessly striving to create for you, our fans, on the field..."

And here I thought Trump saying he'd rush into the line of fire was the most delusional thing I've heard all YEAR. Congrats Dorsey's ghostwriter, you've outdone yourself.

Cut the people in the operations department some slack. Few things frustrate me more than people berating non-football material.

I know the product on the field sucks, it does. But what do you want the people in sales and corporate relationships to say? "We suck, don't show up, I don't want this job anyways."

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7833 on: February 26, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
That would be a fun contest: write a letter to season ticket holders asking them to renew.
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7834 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »
I'd offer free or heavily discounted tickets to existing season ticket holders, and the entire tone would be exceptionally humble and apologetic.

Offline MyPhoneDead

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #7835 on: March 09, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
JARVIS LANDRY!!!!!!!

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7836 on: March 09, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
TYROD TAYLOR!!!  I love it, if it is a veteran presence in the QB room and will be the bridge to the rookie QB we draft at #1 overall.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7837 on: March 09, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7838 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
And now Kizer is going to Green Bay. Incredible.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7839 on: March 09, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »
A stunning evening for the Cleveland Browns! They add a playoff-caliber QB, an elite receiver and a superb cornerback/safety (the defense's weakest position). The Browns have suddenly become a legitimate football team and there's more. Consider that the Browns still have:

+ 10 draft picks next month, including five in the top two rounds.
+ More than $100 million in cap space, still the most in the NFL.
+ And they enter free-agency next week as a more credible competitor for talent.

Well done Dorsey and Co. Well done.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920459/article/cleveland-browns-to-trade-for-bills-qb-tyrod-taylor

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7840 on: March 10, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »
In one day weíve went from historically bad to 7-9 lol

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7841 on: March 10, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »
And Browns beat reporters are saying the Browns aren't done wheeling and dealing. Some say a trade for a "recognizable" player is in the works as well as trading the #4 overall pick for "the farm." I'm guessing the latter involves Buffalo and it's two first-round picks and probably more. Stay tuned!

Offline MyPhoneDead

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #7842 on: March 10, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
And Browns beat reporters are saying the Browns aren't done wheeling and dealing. Some say a trade for a "recognizable" player is in the works as well as trading the #4 overall pick for "the farm." I'm guessing the latter involves Buffalo and it's two first-round picks and probably more. Stay tuned!
Was the "recognizable player" perhaps Danny Shelton? If so, that trade was eh.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7843 on: March 11, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
No, it was supposedly Earl Thomas and/or possibly another player.  If the Browns can pick up another veteran safety, then Randall will play CB. If the Browns can pick up a CB then Randall will play free safety. And the scuttlebutt is the Browns want another, more experienced QB as well as their favored QB at #1 overall in the draft.   They are expected to be active in free agency this week.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7844 on: March 12, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
Two notable tidbits on this first day of free agency....

Lane Atkins says Joe Thomas isn't retiring
https://twitter.com/TheRealLA__/status/973229210234966016

and

Todd Gurley says Saquon Barkley will be the No. 1 pick of 2018 NFL Draft
http://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/todd-gurley-says-saquon-barkley-will-be-the-no-1-pick-of-2018-nfl-draft/95-527807720

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7845 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
Two notable tidbits on this first day of free agency....

Lane Atkins says Joe Thomas isn't retiring
https://twitter.com/TheRealLA__/status/973229210234966016

and

Todd Gurley says Saquon Barkley will be the No. 1 pick of 2018 NFL Draft
http://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/todd-gurley-says-saquon-barkley-will-be-the-no-1-pick-of-2018-nfl-draft/95-527807720

Lane's the most credible source there is vis a vis the Browns.   Hope Gurley's equally accurate this time.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7846 on: March 13, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »
No way does Dorsey choose a RB with the top pick.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7847 on: March 13, 2018, 01:08:07 PM »
No way does Dorsey choose a RB with the top pick.

I don't think he will have to. My guess is that Buffalo will trade up into Indianapolis' 3rd overall position. That means that the first 3 team's drafting will all take quarterbacks. If so, that also means that Saquon will be there at #4 overall.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7848 on: March 14, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »
Sad to hear of Joe Thomas' retirement. I hope that by the time Thomas gives his speech at Canton, the Browns will have playoff wins and maybe even a championship as a backdrop to his induction. I have no doubts that the Browns will have a different aura about them in five years, and the Thomas Decade will unfortunately be remembered as the Dark Ages. But Thomas was the lone, consistent shining light in that decade....

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7849 on: March 14, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »
Sad to hear of Joe Thomas' retirement. I hope that by the time Thomas gives his speech at Canton, the Browns will have playoff wins and maybe even a championship as a backdrop to his induction. I have no doubts that the Browns will have a different aura about them in five years, and the Thomas Decade will unfortunately be remembered as the Dark Ages. But Thomas was the lone, consistent shining light in that decade....

Any mention of Joe coaching the O-line?  It would be great to keep him in town to help build the new Browns.

Offline Mendo

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #7850 on: March 14, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »
Joe is going into the media. He'll likely be working for Fox or ESPN.

Offline tastybunns

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #7851 on: March 27, 2018, 05:05:15 AM »
Newly acquired Wide Receiver Jarvis Landry is making a media push to recruit Odell Beckham Jr. to the browns.
7 other teams are pushing for his trade, but maybe an old friend and a former LSU coach is enough to pull him in.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766666-jarvis-landry-recruits-odell-beckham-jr-to-browns-amid-giants-trade-rumors

HOWEVER! Amidst this trade there is a concern of a tampering violation.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/did_browns_gm_violate_nfl_tampering_rules_with_odell_beckham_jr/s1_12680_26039225

Could we get OBJ? We definitely have the financial game for him, but only if the numbers are right, and to whomst goes to the Giants?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7852 on: March 27, 2018, 02:49:21 PM »
Not going to happen. OBJ will be too expensive in draft choices/contract extension. And he's a headcase facing a suspension this year. It's all negotiating BS anyway, as OBJ wants a high-end contract extension.

If OBJ signed with the Browns, his contract extension could make extensions for Landry and/or Gordon unaffordable.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7853 on: April 11, 2018, 11:07:11 PM »
Good choices!

Jay Crawford and Tim Couch to call Browns preseason games on WEWS

Details Ľ  https://t.co/QiUR9jG0MR

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7854 on: April 12, 2018, 02:39:53 AM »
I donít see ObJ being needed unless they are done with coleman. Coleman can be great as a 3rd option if his ego can handle it.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7855 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:40 AM »
I donít see ObJ being needed unless they are done with coleman. Coleman can be great as a 3rd option if his ego can handle it.

They'll probably draft a WR or a receiving TE in the second round, although this isn't a great year for either.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7856 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:46 AM »
Browns got Hard Knocks

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7857 on: April 12, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »

OBJ isn't needed at all. If you have Landry at the X , Gordon at the Z and Njoku at the Y, you honestly just need a scat receiver for the U. That will either be Higgins or Ric Louis - both of whom will benefit from playing against underneath man coverage against nickel DB's. The crossing routes they'll run underneath Njoku and Devalve's SCiF routes are going to allow them to operate in space in ways they've been unable to do thus far in their careers.

And I say that because I don't see Coleman making our roster this year

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7858 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
My favorite Browns day of the year is today. Tomorrow is my second favorite. After that it's all downhill....

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7859 on: April 26, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
If they take Mayfield I'm running head first into a Pizza oven