Author Topic: Butler County: Development and News  (Read 4600 times)

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
Re: West Chester / Liberty Township: Development and News
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »
this is URBAN Ohio

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »
Cincinnati and Dayton are just suburbs of Downtown Liberty Township.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:46:44 AM by taestell »

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2016, 11:50:58 PM »
Luxury condos, specialty grocery store planned next to Liberty Center

The developer of Liberty Center has plans to build a smaller mixed-use development just south of the still-under-construction $350 million development.

Liberty Way Investments LLC, an affiliate of Steiner + Associates, has a contract to purchase about 19 acres from Tylers Place Associates LLC, a partnership between Traditions Building & Development Group and two other partners. Located at the southwest corner of Tylers Place Boulevard and Hamilton Mason Road, Steiner plans to develop a residential and mixed-use project that could include luxury condominiums and a specialty grocery store.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/02/09/steiner-planning-luxury-condos-specialty-grocery.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
Didn't we used to have a streets of west chester thread?  Anyway, one of the Top Golf things is going up.  The light poles went up last week.  It's at the end of the "street" of West Chester. 

Online unusualfire

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2016, 11:16:43 PM »
TriHealth CEO reveals details for massive new medical center

The outpatient center that TriHealth intends to build in Butler County’s Liberty Township will probably be constructed in stages but eventually encompass more than 100,000 square feet, CEO Mark Clement said.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/10/19/exclusive-trihealth-ceo-reveals-details-for.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline Gordon Bombay

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2016, 09:36:10 AM »
^ I can't get the full photo caption to load, but is that a photo of the one off of I-71 and is that saying it's going to be the same building?

Offline old edale

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #217 on: October 20, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »
^Huh? This is off 75, not 71. Across the highway from Liberty Center and the Children's Liberty campus. This area is currently farms/undeveloped land. It's an exit or two north of the UC Health hospital at Tylersville.

Offline seicer

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2016, 10:40:46 AM »
I guess this is killing any hope of an extension of SR 126 east to I-71 - which would be a useful connection towards King's Island and the interstate.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
I guess this is killing any hope of an extension of SR 126 east to I-71 - which would be a useful connection towards King's Island and the interstate.

I think that plan has been dead for a long time, judging by the fact that they allowed several new subdivisions to be built in the space that would've been used by that connector.

Offline old edale

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
I'm normally against freeway expansion, but extending 126 to 71 actually makes a lot of sense from a regional transportation perspective. Oh well.

Offline ink

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2016, 11:34:43 AM »
You guys must mean Ohio 129.

Offline old edale

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2016, 11:36:49 AM »
The Michael J Fox Freeway, right? I always just call it "the little two lane freeway that takes you to Hamilton". I suppose 129 is easier lol.

Offline Rabbit Hash

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
^Re: OH129.

Yep. I know we hate freeways but...

Coincidentally, I was bored the other morning and was looking at how you could connect 71 and 75 with what is probably a legitimately needed lateral. I envisioned some way to upgrade and realign OH63 so that you'd have a connection to OH4 between Hamilton and Middletown. The freeway would cross 75 near SRC, go south of Shaker Run GC, shott north to Lebanon-WarrenCo Apt, and snake it's way to where OH 48 meets Miller Road. OH48 is basically limited access as it curves south to 71.

Offline Gordon Bombay

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2016, 03:57:37 PM »
^Huh? This is off 75, not 71. Across the highway from Liberty Center and the Children's Liberty campus. This area is currently farms/undeveloped land. It's an exit or two north of the UC Health hospital at Tylersville.

Oh yes, I know. I was referring to the Courier article that ColDayMan linked to. It shows a photo of the TriHealth building in Kenwood off of I-71 with a caption that reads: "The medical center planned for Butler County's Liberty Township will likely be the same…". When you click more to see the full caption it presses you for a subscription which I don't have on this computer. I believe it was edited to, because earlier I think it said "identical." I was wondering if they planned to build the same exact building.

Sorry for the confusion.

I think it may have been edited

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
^Re: OH129.

Yep. I know we hate freeways but...

Coincidentally, I was bored the other morning and was looking at how you could connect 71 and 75 with what is probably a legitimately needed lateral. I envisioned some way to upgrade and realign OH63 so that you'd have a connection to OH4 between Hamilton and Middletown. The freeway would cross 75 near SRC, go south of Shaker Run GC, shott north to Lebanon-WarrenCo Apt, and snake it's way to where OH 48 meets Miller Road. OH48 is basically limited access as it curves south to 71.

The whole area is a disaster -- and that's exactly how they want it.  Once when I was a kid my grandfather took me golfing at Western Row.  We exited at Tylersville from I-75 (nothing whatsoever north of I-275) and passed the exotic sight of the Voice of America back when it was in operation and surrounded by a crazy forest of radio towers.  We proceeded through open country on a 2-lane road toward the famous 700 WLW transmitter, then golfed on a pretty ugly course with high tension wires over a few of the fairways. 

The lack of the highway connection between the two interstates is just one issue with the area.  I get pissed every time I exit at Tylersville and see the hideousness that is Voice of America Park.  They sold off a big chunk of it for...a shopping center and still have never gotten around to really finishing the rest.  They should have built a 4-mile rec trail around the whole thing, at the very least, then planted trees and allowed much of it to return to woods.  Instead, 20 years on, it's an arid, unsettling landscape, and we're still waiting for the building to be turned into a museum. 

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
Aloft building its 1st Southwest Ohio hotel

An Aloft hotel is coming to West Chester Township.

An affiliate of Witness Hospitality LLC purchased the former El Coyote restaurant at 9183 Centre Point Drive for $1.2 million. Columbus-based Witness Hospitality plans to build Southwest Ohio’s first Aloft hotel on the 2-acre site.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/11/28/exclusive-aloft-building-its-1st-southwest-ohio.html

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2018, 12:45:17 AM »
West Chester trustees vote to NOT pursue FREE FED MONEY for bike trail:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/05/14/miami-2-miami-trail-west-chester-grant-vote/601736002/

You can't make this stuff up. 

Offline DEPACincy

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
West Chester trustees vote to NOT pursue FREE FED MONEY for bike trail:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/05/14/miami-2-miami-trail-west-chester-grant-vote/601736002/

You can't make this stuff up.

I like the comment about fiscal responsibility. It blows my mind that people don't realize that it is the sprawling development patterns in a place like West Chester that are fiscally irresponsible, not the provision of public amenities (which pale in comparison cost-wise) like a trail!

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »
They probably thought that by refusing the bike trail the money would go right back to paying down the national debt.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
Southwest Ohio loves to elect representatives that make no effort to bring federal money home to their districts. Citizens are ignorant enough to believe that they're "saving" the federal government money in the process, and can't understand that their tax dollars are simply going to other districts.

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2018, 11:53:18 AM »
They probably thought that by refusing the bike trail the money would go right back to paying down the national debt.

This is probably the money for bike trails that comes out of the federal gasoline tax, which is a tiny, tiny fraction of the gasoline tax. 

Offline edale

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »
I know these type of people all too well. I had an absolutely horrible internship while in college with one of the County Commissioners. One of the assignments I was given was to work with this citizen budget oversight group way out in Loveland. I don't even know if these people lived in Hamilton County, and if they did, they were RIGHT on the county line. They were seriously nuts, and would pour over various county budgets to look for 'waste', even though they had virtually no clue about anything. They absolutely saw themselves as fighting the good fight to reduce the national debt, while highlighting $30.00 expenditures on bottled water for an event, for example. These types of people are delusional, and really would be better suited to living in the country than in an urban county. Of course, they were completely blind to the fiscal irresponsibility of their sprawly, cul-de-sac neighborhoods.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »
Fiscal responsibility is almost never about the actual money. It's about not liking the fact that money is being spent on people that don't "deserve" public money, while any public money spent that benefits you is just fine.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:42:14 PM by taestell »

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2018, 02:35:32 PM »
I know these type of people all too well. I had an absolutely horrible internship while in college with one of the County Commissioners. One of the assignments I was given was to work with this citizen budget oversight group way out in Loveland. I don't even know if these people lived in Hamilton County, and if they did, they were RIGHT on the county line. They were

The "Loveland" bike trail was paid for with federal gas tax funds.  It was one of the big rails-to-trails projects that got that money when Congress changed the law back around 1982. 

Undeniably, the bike trail has been a major boon for the tiny town of Loveland.  It's basically the hub of the entire 80~ mile trail because by chance the path travels directly through it, whereas the trail merely skirts the Milford business district.  Lebanon is on a spur and Xenia doesn't have enough yuppies to have what Loveland has. 

If Loveland had to pay for the bike trail now they'd vote it down.  The exact people who enjoy a property value boost from it who might never use it would be down there beating their drums and getting angry on Facebook. 

As for West Chester, their great shame is the sorry state of Voice of America Park.  They totally, totally blew it with that one.  20 years into it and it's still not an attractive park.  And they sold off a big chunk of it for a goddamn strip mall. 

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
I know these type of people all too well. I had an absolutely horrible internship while in college with one of the County Commissioners. One of the assignments I was given was to work with this citizen budget oversight group way out in Loveland. I don't even know if these people lived in Hamilton County, and if they did, they were RIGHT on the county line. They were seriously nuts, and would pour over various county budgets to look for 'waste', even though they had virtually no clue about anything. They absolutely saw themselves as fighting the good fight to reduce the national debt, while highlighting $30.00 expenditures on bottled water for an event, for example. These types of people are delusional, and really would be better suited to living in the country than in an urban county. Of course, they were completely blind to the fiscal irresponsibility of their sprawly, cul-de-sac neighborhoods.

It sure take a lot of gall to believe that a government budget has anything to do with a family budget. Yet these people worship CEOs and talk about how smart they are all the time. These people never say that a corporation's budget has anything to do with a home one though.

Online BigDipper 80

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2018, 03:11:28 PM »
If someone is getting paid $20 an hour to find "government waste" and it takes 2 hours to comb through documents to find a "wasteful" $30 case of water, did you actually save anyone any money? Heck, I'd like to think that even if your're doing it for free, your time is more valuable than the $30 you "saved" in 2 hours of watchdogging.
“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
If someone is getting paid $20 an hour to find "government waste" and it takes 2 hours to comb through documents to find a "wasteful" $30 case of water, did you actually save anyone any money? Heck, I'd like to think that even if your're doing it for free, your time is more valuable than the $30 you "saved" in 2 hours of watchdogging.

The Hamilton County GOP gets rich ladies to come down to the board of elections to seek out ineligible voters.  These people are such tools. 

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
Re: Butler County: Development and News
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
Nostalgic reboot of sorts in works for former Americana property

Long before the rise of Kings Island's coaster giant The Beast, the Screechin' Eagle flew high at Americana Amusement Park plotted along Lesourdsville Lake.

Many Southwest Ohioians spent their summers at this premiere family attraction. The laughing screams that once filled the sky above these grounds have since become only echoes.

After several revamps, Americana finally closed its gates in 2002. The brittle bones of the once grand wooden bird were removed in 2011. In 2017, the grounds - most of which were left untraveled through for years - were purchased by Butler Tech.

Butler Tech has plans to use build its sixth campus on a portion of the site. They are working in conjunction with the city of Monroe, which recently presented a $10-million plan to convert a section of the property into park space dubbed Monroe Bicentennial Commons.

More below:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/05/15/nostalgic-reboot-monroe-ohio-plans-homage-old-americana-property/612018002/