PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cincinnati: West End: FC Cincinnati Stadium  (Read 79038 times)

Pleco and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ink

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cincinnati: West End: Proposed FC Cincinnati Stadium
« Reply #1380 on: May 30, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
We heard endlessly for the past year that MLS wasn't going to let any future franchises play in an NFL stadium.  But it looks like Detroit is going to get away with it. 

That's far from a certainty.

Your endless conspiracy theories are nauseating.

Online carnevalem

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #1381 on: May 30, 2018, 09:12:02 PM »
We heard endlessly for the past year that MLS wasn't going to let any future franchises play in an NFL stadium.  But it looks like Detroit is going to get away with it.

Atlanta, who joined the MLS just last year, plays in an NFL stadium. As with the two other NFL stadium teams (New England, Seattle), the team is co-owned by its respective NFL owner.

Offline Brutus_buckeye

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1382 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »
Jake - I think you are reading into it. The quote said they looked at a number of sites and they looked at Nippert. It was already revealed they dismissed Nippert and the renovation of Nippert as a viable possibility. The other sites were looked at as well. West End showed to be the best site for all parties involved. I think the article it not well written and therefore, the inference you are making, while reasonable is not necessarily accurate.

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1383 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »

I called that this was coming to the West End months before just about anyone else.  I called the land swap.  I called that they'd come back to CPS with more money after the bluff.  People made fun of me here and elsewhere but I was right.  Plus, I'm going to make over $50,000 on the land I bought for $10,000 near the stadium.  My only error was not buying more when I had the chance. 

Offline edale

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1384 on: May 30, 2018, 10:40:17 PM »

Nauseating? Thatís a bit much. I find the conspiracy theories entertaining, even if I donít always agree with them.

Offline thomasbw

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1385 on: May 31, 2018, 05:32:21 AM »
Cincinnati got the last pro franchise it will ever be awarded.

Offline cincydave8

« Reply #1386 on: May 31, 2018, 06:37:29 AM »
Besides NE is looking to build a soccer specific stadium in Boston. NYCFC is also looking to build a SSS, which will probably just leave Seattle and Atlanta, both whom control the stadium. I'd rather FCC stay in the USL and play at Nippert then move to PBS. That place would be awful for FCC. Detroit might get a pass for a few years but in the end they'll require a SSS or they'll have make massive renovations like ripping the roof off and planting grass (which the Lions won't want). That's assuming they'll get a team. Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Raleigh and Sacramento still remain as possible major players for the next expansion in a few years.

WVXU breaks down what should be obvious to everyone, MLS and FCC wanted the West End the rest was just noise:
http://wvxu.org/post/how-fc-cincinnati-jeff-berding-and-carl-lindner-iii-got-everything-they-wanted

Offline Cincy513

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1387 on: May 31, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
MLS saying they looked at seeing how Nippert could possibly work does not equal MLS saying Nippert was an acceptable venue to get Cincy a bid.  Nippert and Paul Brown were never going to be acceptable, it was new stadium or no MLS bid. 

Online carnevalem

« Reply #1388 on: May 31, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
Cincinnati got the last pro franchise it will ever be awarded.

There's a good chance in about five years that FCC will start a NWSL team (top women's soccer league). A lot of the other MLS teams have been entering that league. Portland has been especially successful, averaging 17,000 a game, almost as much as the men's team. As a side note, their team name - Portland Thorns - is one of my favorite in all of sports (Portland is known as the Rose City).

Offline Brutus_buckeye

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1389 on: May 31, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »
^ Given the popularity of womens soccer in Cincinnati and the professional players who have come from this area, it would be a natural fit. IT will mean the stadium gets used another 20 times a year too, and cover the overhead even more. It is probably part of the business plan. Heck, they may even give Heather Mitts an ownership interest

Offline RJohnson

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1390 on: May 31, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
^ Given the popularity of womens soccer in Cincinnati and the professional players who have come from this area, it would be a natural fit. IT will mean the stadium gets used another 20 times a year too, and cover the overhead even more. It is probably part of the business plan. Heck, they may even give Heather Mitts an ownership interest
and cincy could be "the terror tiaras" or maybe the tiara terroists"

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1391 on: May 31, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
they may even give Heather Mitts an ownership interest

The Cincinnati Hot Metts

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cincinnati: West End: FC Cincinnati Stadium
« Reply #1392 on: June 08, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I just want to reiterate that the claim that "the new stadium is being built entirely with private money" is BS. Out of the $35 million being spent on "infrastructure", a little over $5 million is being spent on site preparation ó demolishing the existing buildings that are on that site, doing environmental remediation, surveying, installation of construction fencing, and other related costs. In any other construction project, these costs are considered to be a part of the overall project cost, not part of the "infrastructure" that the city is responsible for.

The remaining $30 million will be spent on the new parking garage and road infrastructure.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:31:30 PM by taestell »

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1393 on: June 08, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »
Also, it is now official that Cincinnati Public Radio is looking for a new home. They probably suspect (if they haven't already been given official notice) that they're going to get evicted from their current building (which they share with WCET) so that the city can knock it and build the new FCC parking garage there.

One other thought: if WVXU and WCET both leave that block, it eliminates one of the reasons to rebuild the skywalk, since there will not be a need for audio/video cables linking the studios to Music Hall.

Offline troeros

« Reply #1394 on: June 08, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »
North College Hill is apperantly forming a competitive bid to win the fcc practice facility.

Offline Wally

« Reply #1395 on: June 08, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »
Interesting.  I hadn't heard/seen anything regarding NCH and the FCC practice facility. 

I can assure you that FCC has invested a considerable amount of energy and money for a facility that is not in NCH.  I'm not gonna reveal where exactly the current proposed practice facility is to be located, but it has been correctly mentioned by other folks online outside of this message board. 

Offline TheCOV

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #1396 on: June 08, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »
Interesting.  I hadn't heard/seen anything regarding NCH and the FCC practice facility. 

I can assure you that FCC has invested a considerable amount of energy and money for a facility that is not in NCH.  I'm not gonna reveal where exactly the current proposed practice facility is to be located, but it has been correctly mentioned by other folks online outside of this message board.

Tied into the HQ one county over?

Offline troeros

« Reply #1397 on: June 11, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
So some good news on the West End Stadium front....

1) Stadium will be multi purpose and will host concerts (PromoWest?) and other matches (Im guessing US National Games, maybe highschool soccer matches?) throughout the year. It will be a space that will try to be maximized in usage.

2) Capacity has shot up from 21k...current rumor is fcc will try to start with 25k for 2021 opening season.

Offline jwulsin

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1398 on: June 13, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
DC's Audi Field is about to open in a few weeks... but it seems like somebody failed to realize that late afternoon/evening sun would shine directly into the cameras, which are set up in the east grandstand. I don't know why they put the media booths in the east grandstand. I sure hope FCC's stadium puts the media on the west side of the stadium, so that we don't have to deal with late afternoon sun shining into the cameras.

http://dcist.com/2018/06/is_dc_united_ready_for_its_close-up.php

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1400 on: Today at 01:50:54 PM »
Also, FC closed on the new Stargel Stadium site on June 1 for $3.5 million:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1509+Central+Pkwy,+Cincinnati,+OH+45214/@39.108295,-84.5249861,274m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8841b3ff98922331:0x1a5d402627799dd!8m2!3d39.111224!4d-84.520972

FC Cincinnati's "West End Ventures, LLC" now owns 70 individual parcels. 

Online carnevalem

« Reply #1401 on: Today at 03:22:09 PM »
How much do you estimate it cost to buy all of those parcels?