Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 445089 times)

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #21240 on: September 14, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
Again... not a cult.

https://twitter.com/kayajones/status/1038560746383319040?s=21

When I was speaking with my father and step-mother about Trump, I asked how they could possibly support someone as unscrupulous as Trump.  The answer was, "God works in mysterious ways."  How can you argue with that? 

assuming you voted for Hillary, if I were your parents I would have asked you how you could have possibly supported someone as unscrupulous as her.  It would have been pretty hard to have answered that question with a straight face. End of conversation.

Yeah - I think you're missing the point. I don't think @ck would have lost his mind if they would have said "We support protectionist trade policies and a pro-life platform and, to us, that was worth it." instead of "God."

If I had asked someone "how someone with as much baggage as Hillary won the primary?" and they responded "God has a plan"... you wouldn't have seen a problem with that, eh? @eastvillagedon

actually the point is that whether or not the "God has a plan" response was meant flippantly or seriously, the fact that anyone (and again I'm assuming ck voted for Hillary) has the chutzpah to question someone's integrity in voting for Trump when the alternative represented a level of moral bankruptcy and corruption by a public official running for president unequaled in our history. Just sayin'

Online Sir2geez

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #21241 on: September 14, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
Again... not a cult.

When I was speaking with my father and step-mother about Trump, I asked how they could possibly support someone as unscrupulous as Trump.  The answer was, "God works in mysterious ways."  How can you argue with that? 

assuming you voted for Hillary, if I were your parents I would have asked you how you could have possibly supported someone as unscrupulous as her.  It would have been pretty hard to have answered that question with a straight face. End of conversation.

Yeah - I think you're missing the point. I don't think @ck would have lost his mind if they would have said "We support protectionist trade policies and a pro-life platform and, to us, that was worth it." instead of "God."

If I had asked someone "how someone with as much baggage as Hillary won the primary?" and they responded "God has a plan"... you wouldn't have seen a problem with that, eh? @eastvillagedon

actually the point is that whether or not the "God has a plan" response was meant flippantly or seriously, the fact that anyone (and again I'm assuming ck voted for Hillary) has the chutzpah to question someone's integrity in voting for Trump when the alternative represented a level of moral bankruptcy and corruption by a public official running for president unequaled in our history. Just sayin'

Trump's campaign manager and deputy campaign manager have pleaded guilty. The Trump's personal lawyer has pleaded guilty. Trump's national security advisor has pleaded guilty. Trump's is an unindicted co-conspirator and you're talking about Hillary's corruption...

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21242 on: September 14, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
Trump's campaign manager and deputy campaign manager have pleaded guilty. The Trump's personal lawyer has pleaded guilty. Trump's national security advisor has pleaded guilty. Trump's is an unindicted co-conspirator and you're talking about Hillary's corruption...

He's a troll.  Trolls feed off of reactions.
Very Stable Genius

Online Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #21243 on: September 14, 2018, 04:13:25 PM »
Again... not a cult.

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #21244 on: September 14, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
I thought for sure with this much crap the orange gibbon has done to the presidency that there wouldn’t be people that think that trump has equal or better character than Hillary.  I get that Fox news has pumped 30 years of programming into your brains that Hillary equals satan. But if the only facts that one believes are Russian-based, Breitbart, and Faux news, then i suppose she is a terrible person and should be dropping dead or being incarcerated any day now as well.
  I had asked on this forum the reasons to vote against Hillary. Ram was helpful but all his machinations were bunk. I looked at the foundation. Its a legit foundation. They use it to help out the poor in other countries in a variety of programs. There is sound record keeping. Somehow that was a massive negative to trump voters that like their foundations to pay for the namesakes kids schooling and various legal penalties. I looked up the uranium deal. There was nothing there either to be concerned about once one got beyond the hyperbolic faux news talking points. The most serious thing i found was the derivatives trading she had someone do for her. That was shady but i don’t know if it was illegal.
  So if that was the worst thing i could find on her, something from her mid-20s, Trump can do that level of shadiness before 9am most days, i was happy enough to vote for her.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21245 on: September 14, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »
Can you imagine if Hilary were president and John Podesta pleaded guilty to conspiracy against the United States?  How many Republicans would be calling for her resignation?

Offline Gramarye

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21246 on: September 14, 2018, 05:43:41 PM »
Can you imagine if Hilary were president and John Podesta pleaded guilty to conspiracy against the United States?  How many Republicans would be calling for her resignation?

Or if John Podesta were found not guilty of conspiracy against the United States?

Or if Chelsea Clinton were found guilty of speeding?

Or if the mainstream media denied credible reports that Hillary armed terrorists with weapons smuggled out of the U.S. via the Fast & Furious program and then personally led those terrorists in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and personally smothered and asphyxiated Ambassador Stevens with a blue dress?

Or if it were proven she were still married to Bill Clinton?

Or if it were Tuesday and they were bored?

(I do believe that a Clinton presidency would have quite a few opportunities for prosecutions and calls for resignation, but I'm also quite willing to admit that the calls would come for petty reasons as well.)

Offline ck

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #21247 on: September 14, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »
There really was no need to respond, yabo and others understood what I was saying and I have no need to convince EVD.  Edit to remove a long post that was not very relevant to the thread.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:37:00 PM by ck »

Offline jonoh81

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #21248 on: September 14, 2018, 06:11:25 PM »
Again... not a cult.

I’m honestly in awe at your massive cognitive dissonance.  It’s truly a special thing.

Offline ck

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #21249 on: September 14, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
-edit to remove unnecessary long post
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:37:23 PM by ck »

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21250 on: September 14, 2018, 07:31:36 PM »
Trump is sticking to this notion that not *that* many people died *during* the storm. No one's really disputing the fact that thousands of people died in Puerto Rico in the weeks after Maria.  They were preventable.  Is this supposed to...make FEMA look better?  You can't really say, "Look, all these people died AFTER the storm left" AND "Our relief efforts were some of the best in history."
Very Stable Genius

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #21251 on: September 14, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »
LOL!

“TRUMP BELIEVES THERE’S A COUP”: FREAKED BY THE TIMES OP-ED, THE PRESIDENT IS SEEING ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/trump-ny-times-op-ed-bob-woodward-fear
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21252 on: September 14, 2018, 09:41:05 PM »
Trump is sticking to this notion that not *that* many people died *during* the storm. No one's really disputing the fact that thousands of people died in Puerto Rico in the weeks after Maria.  They were preventable.  Is this supposed to...make FEMA look better?  You can't really say, "Look, all these people died AFTER the storm left" AND "Our relief efforts were some of the best in history."

None of the spineless GOP will admonish him for anything.  And his sycophants at Fox News are defending him. 

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21253 on: September 15, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Manafort's deal reins in a pardon's impact

Several aspects of the Mueller Russia probe's latest bombshell plea deal could stymie any pardon granted by the president. But Trump may not care.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/14/manafort-probe-russia-trump-pardon-825751
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21254 on: September 15, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
Manafort made a wise choice in trusting Mueller over Trump. 

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21255 on: September 15, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
I feel very badly for Paul Manafort and his wonderful family. “Justice” took a 12 year old tax case, among other things, applied tremendous pressure on him and, unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to “break” - make up stories in order to get a “deal.” Such respect for a brave man!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032256443985084417

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #21256 on: September 15, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »
Trump posts as if he can't imagine that there will be a tomorrow.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21257 on: September 15, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Trump posts as if he can't imagine that there will be a tomorrow.

His cult always finds ways to rationalize. GOP needs their billionaire tax cuts so they pretend to ignore him too.  SAD!

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21258 on: September 15, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »
Flashback. August 19, 2016. Newt Gingrich: "Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help get this campaign to where it is right now."
VIDEO: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1040636549342355457

A little hint, perhaps, of how important Manafort’s guilty plea is to the investigation:

Mueller signed the criminal information himself. He hasn’t done that for any other plea deal, not even for Flynn. https://t.co/w9uB3RcAjh

LOL!

Sanders: Trump Has Had The Most Successful Two Years Of Any Modern President
https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/sanders-trump-has-had-the-most-successful-two-years-of-any-modern-president-lCQSDO70TU65qTCXA8APkA/

Teenage girls do not deserve this....

John Kerry mocks Trump: He has "the insecurity of a teenage girl" https://t.co/enqI4XJHYe
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:05:26 AM by KJP »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21259 on: September 16, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »
Paul Manafort Will Give Robert Mueller “Complete Cooperation,” His Attorney SaysInside the courtroom when Trump’s campaign chairman flipped.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/09/paul-manafort-will-give-robert-mueller-complete-cooperation-his-attorney-says/

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21260 on: September 17, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
Clever...

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21261 on: September 17, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tax-law-has-led-to-repatriation-of-just-3-of-the-cash-he-promised-it-would

The amount of cash that has flowed back to the U.S. after Donald Trump’s massive tax law overhaul is just 3.5 percent of what the president predicted. The revamp ended the practice of taxing U.S. companies when they brought home foreign profits, with Trump predicting: “Over $4 [trillion], but close to $5 trillion, will be brought back into our country. This is money that would never, ever be seen again by the workers and the people of our country.” However, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal shows just $143 billion has been repatriated—3.58 percent of Trump’s $4 trillion prediction. Companies have announced plans to repatriate an additional $37 billion. Two-thirds of the money already brought back to the U.S. came from just two companies: networking-equipment giant Cisco Systems and drugmaker Gilead Sciences.

Almost like this "business man" has no idea what he's talking about....on anything.
Very Stable Genius

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21262 on: September 17, 2018, 10:03:29 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tax-law-has-led-to-repatriation-of-just-3-of-the-cash-he-promised-it-would

The amount of cash that has flowed back to the U.S. after Donald Trump’s massive tax law overhaul is just 3.5 percent of what the president predicted. The revamp ended the practice of taxing U.S. companies when they brought home foreign profits, with Trump predicting: “Over $4 [trillion], but close to $5 trillion, will be brought back into our country. This is money that would never, ever be seen again by the workers and the people of our country.” However, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal shows just $143 billion has been repatriated—3.58 percent of Trump’s $4 trillion prediction. Companies have announced plans to repatriate an additional $37 billion. Two-thirds of the money already brought back to the U.S. came from just two companies: networking-equipment giant Cisco Systems and drugmaker Gilead Sciences.

Almost like this "business man" has no idea what he's talking about....on anything.

We're not seeing the Russian oligarch dark money, like the kind on his tax returns.  If you add that in the number jumps up quite a bit. 

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21263 on: September 17, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
http://time.com/5397986/trump-jr-kavanaugh-sexual-assault/

Just a reminder that his kids really aren't much better.

Donald Trump, Jr. Posts Instagram Apparently Mocking Kavanaugh's Accuser
Very Stable Genius

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21264 on: September 17, 2018, 10:55:05 AM »
Trump remaining silent (I think?) on the Manafort flip tells you he's scared s***less about this.  Normally he's ranting and yelling, but that's because he mostly knows he's safe from whatever/whoever he's ranting about.  But Manafort can totally screw him and a pardon won't save himself now.  He knows he's in a lot of trouble.
Very Stable Genius

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21265 on: September 17, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
Trump remaining silent (I think?) on the Manafort flip tells you he's scared s***less about this.  Normally he's ranting and yelling, but that's because he mostly knows he's safe from whatever/whoever he's ranting about.  But Manafort can totally screw him and a pardon won't save himself now.  He knows he's in a lot of trouble.

Idk if I agree about the assumption, but its certainly odd. I just think he'll ramp up the attacks in the coming days once he figures out the angle.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21266 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

Idk if I agree about the assumption, but its certainly odd. I just think he'll ramp up the attacks in the coming days once he figures out the angle.

He didn't come out swinging against Stormy Daniels initially.  He more or less was forced to admit it because of the failure to disclose the loan.  Either he or Michael Cohen lied about the payment and who knew about it.  He hasn't said much, to my knowledge, about Stormy being a liar or anything like that.
Very Stable Genius

Offline gottaplan

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21267 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:17 AM »
Trump is a tool of course and will no doubt go down in history as one of the worst presidents in my opinion but the latest developments with Manafort and Cohen flipping are not much indication of anything to me.  The FBI launched the Russia investigation 3 days after they cleared Hillary, which of course was a whitewashed statement.  Comey, McCabe and Strzok have all been proven to be liars and they were pushing an agenda.   The investigation was launched based on fabricated media stories which they then used as basis for the warrants...  of course they found dirt on Manafort and Cohen who are slimeballs...  but getting Manafort for failing to tax evasion from over a decade ago and failing to register as a foreign agent....  what 's the end game here?  What will the smoking gun be?   That Don Jr took a meeting with Russians who said they had dirt on Hillary?  And Donald the candidate knew about the meeting and authorized it?

Don't forget when Obama was a jr senator running for President, he was criticized for not having any foreign relations experience.  He ran around and met with as many foreign dignitaries as possible.  Who can forget his hot mic moment when he told Putin "he'd have more flexibility after the election..."

Again, Trump is a tool and deserves to be removed from office but this investigation is not adding up to much.  Yes, they will paint a cast of characters around Trump with a number of "guilty" pleas and the complicit media will run with it.  Lying to federal agents so far is what they got Michael Flynn, Rick Gates, and George Papadopoulous to agree to.  In exchange for not ruining their lives.

Consider where we'd be if the same amount of scrutiny and investigative pressure had been applied to Hillary Clinton's confidant and fixer, Cheryl Mills:  https://nypost.com/2016/09/24/why-did-feds-grant-immunity-to-hilllarys-highly-improper-aide/

Or here:  https://dailycaller.com/2017/12/04/clinton-aides-went-unpunished-after-making-false-statements-to-anti-trump-fbi-supervisor/

Or here:  https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/05/werent-huma-abedin-cheryl-mills-charged-lied-peter-strzok-fbi/

How many times during the Hillary email investigation did the media constantly report the cost of the investigation so far?  $2 million.  $5 million.  $10 million.  $20 million etc.  Continually reporting the figure made the public weary and gained the desired effect to say "enough already".  Have we heard from any mainstream media at all what the cost of this Mueller investigation is so far?  I have not and I watch/read quite a bit of news.  I guess they don't want it getting out there.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21268 on: September 17, 2018, 11:15:26 AM »
^ The Mueller investigation has actually made money for the government.  And none of the people you mentioned have been proven to be liars. 

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21269 on: September 17, 2018, 11:18:43 AM »
Comey, McCabe and Strzok have all been proven to be liars and they were pushing an agenda.

Where has this been proven?
Very Stable Genius