Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 389545 times)

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #20070 on: August 10, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
It seems like this will be the most likely scenario, based on what's available right now, that we will see in the Mueller Report.

1. There was collusion with the Russian government by high level officials within the Trump campaign (and potentially Conservative media).
2. The President knew about it but did not partake himself.

If we want a Constitutional crisis, this gives it to us.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20071 on: August 10, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
It seems like this will be the most likely scenario, based on what's available right now, that we will see in the Mueller Report.

1. There was collusion with the Russian government by high level officials within the Trump campaign (and potentially Conservative media).
2. The President knew about it but did not partake himself.

If we want a Constitutional crisis, this gives it to us.

3. And The President took steps once in office to obstruct justice.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20072 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:02 AM »
Some potentially interesting developments at the Manafort Trial today, Day 9. 

Lawyers from both sides huddled with Judge T.S. Ellis twice this morning. After almost an hour of waiting, lawyers from both sides Ellis returned to the courtroom at 11:07 a.m.

Ellis brought the 16 jurors in, stressed to them the importance of not discussing the case and told them to "keep an open mind." He also said the court plans to "continue with evidence" presentations in the afternoon today and that he would "expect to make progress."

Trial resumes at 1:45 p.m.  Unlikely the prosecution wraps up today as previously planned.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20073 on: August 10, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
I take anything Omarosa has to say with a grain of very coarse salt.  But I don't think the use the use of racial slurs will change anyone's mind.  Those of us with functioning brains are not surprised that Trump is a racist.

I got nothing. No insight on what will happen or which course of action is best. The events during this presidency have been utterly surreal.

Offline jonoh81

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #20074 on: August 10, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »
I take anything Omarosa has to say with a grain of very coarse salt.  But I don't think the use the use of racial slurs will change anyone's mind.  Those of us with functioning brains are not surprised that Trump is a racist.

I’m basically of the same mind. It’s already my belief that Trump is a racist- there is too much evidence for that to think otherwise, so him regularly using racial slurs would be par for the course.  As for his supporters, they would call it fake news or like him even more for it.  So as you say, no real change.

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #20075 on: August 10, 2018, 12:21:35 PM »
Democrats need to really push back hard against the Republicans' attempts to start culture wars to win elections. If they get a question about kneeling during the anthem or anything similar, they should flat out say they don't care. They care about immigration reform, education, healthcare, etc. Republicans have pushed these issues so much, and if people call them out on it, the voters will see through what they are doing.

If they do this, they’ll just be accused of playing identity politics, and the general public will eat it up like they always do.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20076 on: August 10, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »

Lawyers from both sides huddled with Judge T.S. Ellis twice this morning. After almost an hour of waiting, lawyers from both sides Ellis returned to the courtroom at 11:07 a.m.

Ellis brought the 16 jurors in, stressed to them the importance of not discussing the case and told them to "keep an open mind." He also said the court plans to "continue with evidence" presentations in the afternoon today and that he would "expect to make progress."

Trial resumes at 1:45 p.m.  Unlikely the prosecution wraps up today as previously planned.

Rumblings of a mistrial right now, likely related to some juror(s) misconduct.  We'll see.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20077 on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »

Rumblings of a mistrial right now, likely related to some juror(s) misconduct.  We'll see.

"Rumblings" of a mistrial during the trial are always leaked by defense counsel as a means of putting the idea of an appeal in everyone's head.

...trust me on this one. (Nonetheless, juror-based mistrials are a PAIN IN THE NECKKKKKKKKKKK - if it is a mistrial I don't know how long they'll take before hearing it again)

Offline edale

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #20078 on: August 10, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »
The judge in the Manafort case appears to be a real asshole, and from the accounts I've read, seems like he might be displaying quite a bit of bias in the court room. Repeatedly interrupting and admonishing the prosecution in front of the jurors, not allowing the prosecution to talk about Manafort's lavish spending habits while allowing the defense to talk about Gate's sex life incessantly. He seems like a total dick. This should be a slam dunk case. The guy has stolen and lied to the government his whole life. He has tried to tamper with witnesses so much he got put in jail. He denied having foreign bank accounts, but there is plenty of evidence that shows he has multiple off shore accounts. At least 3 of his underlings have flipped on him and come clean about all the criminal activity Manafort was engaged in. If this gets declared a mistrial, it will be a travesty of justice. Trumpies will turn "mistrial!" into the new "no collusion!" and this whole thing will get that much worse. I hope the trial proceeds, and Manafort is found guilty on all counts and spends the rest of his sorry years in prison. Set the tone for what is to come for the rest of this trash pile in the white house.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20079 on: August 10, 2018, 01:09:28 PM »
Manafort will just get pardoned if he's found guilty.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20080 on: August 10, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
Omarosa was offered $15k/month to stay silent after being fired from the White House.

That's the exact amount Trump's former bodyguard Keith Schiller has been getting from the RNC.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20081 on: August 10, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
The judge in the Manafort case appears to be a real asshole, and from the accounts I've read, seems like he might be displaying quite a bit of bias in the court room. Repeatedly interrupting and admonishing the prosecution in front of the jurors, not allowing the prosecution to talk about Manafort's lavish spending habits while allowing the defense to talk about Gate's sex life incessantly. He seems like a total dick. This should be a slam dunk case. The guy has stolen and lied to the government his whole life. He has tried to tamper with witnesses so much he got put in jail. He denied having foreign bank accounts, but there is plenty of evidence that shows he has multiple off shore accounts. At least 3 of his underlings have flipped on him and come clean about all the criminal activity Manafort was engaged in. If this gets declared a mistrial, it will be a travesty of justice. Trumpies will turn "mistrial!" into the new "no collusion!" and this whole thing will get that much worse. I hope the trial proceeds, and Manafort is found guilty on all counts and spends the rest of his sorry years in prison. Set the tone for what is to come for the rest of this trash pile in the white house.

As much as it sucks, bad Judges are everywhere.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20082 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/401290-trump-praises-jeff-bezos-washington-post-in-resurfaced-clip-from-2013

Trump praises Jeff Bezos, Washington Post in resurfaced 2013 interview

"I'm a fan of The Washington Post," Trump told ABC’s Jonathan Karl.

Is Ram's head exploding yet?

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20083 on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/401290-trump-praises-jeff-bezos-washington-post-in-resurfaced-clip-from-2013

No because that was  before we knew that libs hated America.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #20084 on: August 10, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
Paul Manafort trial Day 9: Manafort got $16 million in loans from bank whose CEO wanted Trump administration post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/08/10/paul-manafort-trial-day-9-live-coverage/?utm_term=.d9995d91696f
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20085 on: August 10, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Manafort also told Raico’s assistant that more than $200,000 in charges on his American Express was because he lent his “friend” the card.

Raico testified that he understood the friend described to be Manafort’s business partner Rick Gates, who purchased New York Yankees season tickets

The fact remains that Kavanaugh suddenly cleared at least $60,000 and as much as $200,000 in mysterious debt over one year—sums large enough that senators might well want to know who the sources of the payments were.

What is up with these Republicans raking up $200k in debt on baseball season tickets?

Offline Hootenany

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20086 on: August 10, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
^It's America's pasttime!

You America hating libs wouldn't understand.   ;D

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20087 on: August 11, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »
Russian state TV warns Trump to 'do what we say' if you want 'support in the elections'

https://t.co/ZCE2dWpCG9
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20088 on: August 11, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »

5 years ago? Who cares? 5 years ago I would have said the Amazon Washington Post and the New York Times were both trustworthy, respectable publications despite their left-leaning editorial positions. That's quickly changed - the last few years we've seen such disgusting hyper-partisanship that these papers no longer differentiate between actual news and their bloggers'/reporters'/editors' (is there a difference nowadays?) left-leaning political opinions.

As a general rule - normal people's "heads" don't "explode" when they make observations and adjust their beliefs accordingly. Some of you guys should try it sometime!

Offline mu2010

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #20089 on: August 11, 2018, 04:43:36 PM »
5 years ago? Who cares? 5 years ago I would have said the Amazon Washington Post and the New York Times were both trustworthy, respectable publications despite their left-leaning editorial positions. That's quickly changed

Nothing's changed except Trump came on the scene.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20090 on: August 11, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »
And I have to tell you, I think that Jeff really is an amazing guy," he continued.

Ram, just admit you and Trump are hypocrites. We all know it's the truth.  The mental gymnastics you perform to defend everything the man says and does (while ignoring if he did or said the opposite prior to 2016) is just flat embarrassing for you as a person.

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #20091 on: August 11, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »

5 years ago? Who cares? 5 years ago I would have said the Amazon Washington Post and the New York Times were both trustworthy, respectable publications despite their left-leaning editorial positions. That's quickly changed - the last few years we've seen such disgusting hyper-partisanship that these papers no longer differentiate between actual news and their bloggers'/reporters'/editors' (is there a difference nowadays?) left-leaning political opinions.

As a general rule - normal people's "heads" don't "explode" when they make observations and adjust their beliefs accordingly. Some of you guys should try it sometime!

As a general rule, most people aren't in cults and told what to believe by an unhinged man with a Twitter account.  That's the only real difference between now and then- a lot of people chose to embrace insanity and betray their own country.  The news didn't change.  You did.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20092 on: August 12, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
Charming way to commemorate the anniversary of Charlottesville, btw...

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20093 on: August 12, 2018, 12:30:58 PM »
^I'm not sure what connection this picture has with the Charlottesville anniversary. This is a group called Bikers for Trump with whom Trump met in New Jersey. He also issued a statement earlier condemning the violence a year ago with the following statement on Twitter--

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

6:26 AM - 11 Aug 2018

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #20094 on: August 12, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
^I'm not sure what connection this picture has with the Charlottesville anniversary. This is a group called Bikers for Trump with whom Trump met in New Jersey. He also issued a statement earlier condemning the violence a year ago with the following statement on Twitter--

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

So he marked the anniversary by inviting a bunch of sycophants to fawn all over him while he issues an empty platitude that you'd have to be a total fool to believe after all he's said and done.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20095 on: August 12, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »

You should pay closer to attention (shocker) to these scumbags.....

No other president would entertain these criminal, racist, misogynist bikers. Jackets are littered with patches expressing these views....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:31:57 PM by KJP »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20096 on: August 12, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »
LOL!!!

@JonahNRO
The real story is how the Deep State got Omarosa inside the Trump campaign and then the White House by embedding her in The Apprentice all those years ago. But MSM won’t cover it!
https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/1028658354523201536

Agreed....

@rmasher2
Trump's not leaving without a fight. Obviously. And he's priming his base for violence. Clearly.
Does anyone doubt that Trump wouldn't hesitate to call Trumpsters to the barricades in defense of Trump?
This could get real ugly real fast.
https://twitter.com/rmasher2/status/1028660016499159041

"No one is flying Confederate and Nazi flags at Trump marches."
Except everyone.

The AP says that Trump is "pulling numbers out of thin air" when it comes to the economy, jobs and the deficit. "The numbers don't even come close" to the reality. https://t.co/UWBBi1ItVj

Trump’s résumé is rife with mob connections
Investigators at the FBI and U.S. Senate concluded that his Mafia ties ran from Cleveland to New York, Las Vegas to Atlantic City.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/are-trumps-mob-connections-a-coincidence-fuhgeddaboudit/2018/08/10/24b62e2c-9cad-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:57:46 PM by KJP »

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #20097 on: August 13, 2018, 12:30:12 AM »

You should pay closer to attention (shocker) to these scumbags.....

No other president would entertain these criminal, racist, misogynist bikers. Jackets are littered with patches expressing these views....

I'm not up on all my hatemonger symbology, what am I missing in the patches?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20098 on: August 13, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »
"I may look calm but in my head I've already killed you three times."

"USA terrorist hunting permit" (aka kill brown people who look like terrorists)

"I love guns & t!tt!es" (just a tad misogynistic!)

"This is America, we eat meat, drink beer & speak f*cking English" (not very well!)

BTW, someone in a tweet tried to claim Trump was covering up a Confederate patch with his hand (hence the circling of it in the photo), but I saw the video of the event and it didn't look like a Confederate patch to me. And Trump briefly patted the biker on his arm. He wasn't trying to hide it.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20099 on: August 13, 2018, 09:05:53 AM »
Credit where credit is due: The sanctions on Turkey are absolutely warranted.