Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 389544 times)

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #20040 on: August 09, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20041 on: August 09, 2018, 02:23:55 PM »

Trump can end this more quickly by sitting down for an interview and clearing everything up.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20042 on: August 09, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »
Rudy has said that this will be over in few weeks for about 6 months now. 

Remember, any quote you don't like from this administration can easily be explained by an unsaid (but implied) "not" somewhere.  Would = wouldn't.  So easy!

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20043 on: August 09, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »
MAGA heads out in full force today.  Did QAnon drop some new knowledge?

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20044 on: August 09, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »

Remember, any quote you don't like from this administration can easily be explained by an unsaid (but implied) "not" somewhere.  Would = wouldn't.  So easy!

The cult doesn't mind being played for fools either.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20045 on: August 09, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »

The cult doesn't mind being played for fools either.

"I have the best words.  Quite frankly, no one has ever had a better grasp of the English language than me."

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20046 on: August 09, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »

I wish I was better at Adobe so I could put Paul Manafort's head on a 400 lbs Marlin in someone's trophy room. Or maybe Don Jr. as an injured porpoise caught in a fisherman's net.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20047 on: August 09, 2018, 02:30:25 PM »
But, if no one's guilty then the fishing expedition will be fruitless and we can all move on.

Offline jonoh81

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #20048 on: August 09, 2018, 02:47:45 PM »

If your dank meme was true, why are they catching fish? How do you find what isn’t supposed to exist? 

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #20049 on: August 09, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »
Heads-up: Prosecutors in #ManafortTrial say they discussed "new" details about their "ongoing criminal investigation" into Russia's interference in 2016 presidential election & possible coordination with the Trump campaign, ask court to keep Tuesday discussion secret.
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1027647390520692736?s=19

Dear Trump:
This is a properly opened investigation, run by Trump political appointees. It started after a boozed-up Trump advisor bragged of Russian contacts & one of our 5eyes intel partners reported it. Career FBI & DOJ employees. Well supported FISAs. Patriotic Americans should be angry. https://t.co/45ecPoPLNL
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1027601924672106496?s=19
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20050 on: August 09, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »
Heads-up: Prosecutors in #ManafortTrial say they discussed "new" details about their "ongoing criminal investigation" into Russia's interference in 2016 presidential election & possible coordination with the Trump campaign, ask court to keep Tuesday discussion secret.

Was this before or after the prosecution broke into tears of dismay and desperation:

Manafort trial Judge TS Ellis taunts and torments Mueller team: 'Tears in your eyes'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/08/manafort-trial-judge-ts-ellis-taunts-and-torments-mueller-team-tears-in-your-eyes.html

“I understand how frustrated you are. In fact, there’s tears in your eyes right now,” Ellis said Monday, according to a Bloomberg-obtained transcript.

When the prosecutor, Greg Andres, denied Ellis’ claim, the judge said, “Well, they’re watery.”

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20051 on: August 09, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »
How convenient of Ram to skip over the part where the judge conceded he was wrong - https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/09/paul-manafort-trial-day-8-judge-ellis-769889

Or that the judge is being overly tough on the prosecution to avoid issues on appeal.

Online Sir2geez

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #20052 on: August 09, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »

Was this before or after the prosecution broke into tears of dismay and desperation:

Manafort trial Judge TS Ellis taunts and torments Mueller team: 'Tears in your eyes'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/08/manafort-trial-judge-ts-ellis-taunts-and-torments-mueller-team-tears-in-your-eyes.html

“I understand how frustrated you are. In fact, there’s tears in your eyes right now,” Ellis said Monday, according to a Bloomberg-obtained transcript.

When the prosecutor, Greg Andres, denied Ellis’ claim, the judge said, “Well, they’re watery.”

The prosecutor wasn't crying. Greg Andres prosecuted the mafia in NY and was on a hit list at one point. From what I've read, Ellis has been all over the place.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #20053 on: August 09, 2018, 10:46:44 PM »

Trump can end this more quickly by sitting down for an interview and clearing everything up.

No he can't.  According to his attorney he would in all probability commit perjury if he were put under oath.

*I know you knew that, I just like reminding everybody that is the level of stable genius we are dealing with here.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20054 on: August 09, 2018, 10:50:41 PM »
his only two choices are lie and commit perjury or tell the truth and admit to treason.  I can see why they think it's a trap.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #20055 on: August 09, 2018, 11:00:27 PM »
Yes, well, the criminal justice system generally is a trap for criminals.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20056 on: August 10, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a question to pose to everyone, Trump supporters, Trump resisters, and everyone in between:

Omarosa's new book makes some serious allegations (and I should note that no evidence yet exists or has been made known that supports these allegations), and she claims to have tapes of recorded conversations inside the White House.

Among her allegations is that the President regularly used racial slurs in private conversations - she notes, in particular, that Kellyanne's husband, George Conway (who is of half Filipino descent) as a "flip" and "goo goo" after he wrote a negative article about him. She further alleges that she personally knows three people and organizations independently who have recordings of the President using the N-Word in conversation.

Now, operating on the assumption that there is at least some merit to these allegations, what do we do?

Trump Supporters - If it becomes substantiated that he was regularly using the N-Word (while proof of said usage will likely be from 2006-2012) and still uses other racial epithets in conversation, will that cause you to lose any support for him? @MikeInCanton @Ram23 @eastvillagedon

Trump Resisters - If these allegations are substantiated, how will you make an argument that he is unfit to serve? Because I see no situation in which the #resistance doesn't move for impeachment if there is even an ounce of truth to these allegations. How does this relate to his duties as President, if at all? What course of action would you think is best for the country, not necessarily the resistance, moving forward? @freefourur @DarkandStormy @KJP @X @surfohio

Everyone caught in between - How does this change your perception of the President, if true? Would use of such language find you off of his side forever? Would it be worth throwing your support behind someone with whom you agree less on policy issues, but just believe will be better for America? (Me) @Brutus_buckeye @gottaplan @Gramarye

Again, I would be irresponsible to note that these are just allegations as of right now. Though, her publisher does seem confident in the sourcing - which is telling, as this book has  been vetted for over 7 months.

Interested to hear what everyone thinks!

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20057 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:05 AM »
I take anything Omarosa has to say with a grain of very coarse salt.  But I don't think the use the use of racial slurs will change anyone's mind.  Those of us with functioning brains are not surprised that Trump is a racist.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20058 on: August 10, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
Trump Resisters - If these allegations are substantiated, how will you make an argument that he is unfit to serve? Because I see no situation in which the #resistance doesn't move for impeachment if there is even an ounce of truth to these allegations. How does this relate to his duties as President, if at all? What course of action would you think is best for the country, not necessarily the resistance, moving forward? @freefourur @DarkandStormy @KJP @X @surfohio

I don't think the argument changes - he's a racist, misogynistic President who is likely compromised by Putin and whose campaign, if not himself, illegally conspired against the United States with a foreign adversary and then obstructed justice once in office to cover up said collusion with Russia.  He's called Haiti and African nations s***hole countries.  He's said Mexicans are rapists and murderers, a Mexican judge couldn't be unbiased because of his heritage, there were "very fine" people among white nationalists/Nazis, Nigerians all live in huts, etc.  Now, I understand the N word carries more weight than the rest of his racist insults, but it's also the least surprising news of the year.

The "impeachment" talk doesn't really matter to me.  Sure, you'll have folks like Tom Steyer pushing for it.  But procedurally, as long as the majority of Republicans in office back him, it doesn't matter.  Even a "blue wave" election might get Dems 52-53 Senate seats in the most optimistic scenario and maybe 240-250 (high end) in the House.  Party lines alone won't be enough for impeachment.  And I don't think the use of the N word constitutes "other high crimes and misdemeanors."  The only way enough Republicans vote to impeach is if Mueller finds something truly shocking or perhaps moves to indict the President.  But I'm fairly confident 60+% of them will just start screaming "witch hunt" at the lifelong Republican special counsel.

I don't think this would really relate to his duties, other than it further verifies he doesn't care about minorities in this country, specifically African Americans in this instance.  The N word is supposed to be taboo, especially for politicians.  But normal rules don't apply to Trump.  It might, in fact, embolden his support among his racist far-right base.

Course of action?  I mean, could Congress censure him?  It's a largely symbolic move, no?  If impeachment is off the table (over this, at least), what do you think the odds are of invoking the 25th amendment? 
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Possible?  I guess.  But I don't see it happening unless I'm way out of the loop on underground Republican strategy to have Pence become POTUS.

Online Sir2geez

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #20059 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:09 AM »
Trump race-baiting this morning...going after NFL players

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20060 on: August 10, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

This is the mid term strategy.  Anything to divide people.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20061 on: August 10, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »

This is the mid term strategy.  Anything to divide people.

A conservative's worst nightmare...Colin Kaepernick shows up to your house with other kneeling NFL players, Nancy Pelosi, and MS-13 members.  The horror!

(Btw, this will be the entirety of the GOP ads this fall.  All the old hits.)

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20062 on: August 10, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »
Democrats need to really push back hard against the Republicans' attempts to start culture wars to win elections. If they get a question about kneeling during the anthem or anything similar, they should flat out say they don't care. They care about immigration reform, education, healthcare, etc. Republicans have pushed these issues so much, and if people call them out on it, the voters will see through what they are doing.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20063 on: August 10, 2018, 10:19:45 AM »
The President - based on his tweets again this morning - doesn't seem to understand that compelled speech is a First Amendment violation as well

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20064 on: August 10, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »
The President - based on his tweets again this morning - doesn't seem to understand that compelled speech is a First Amendment violation as well

The Cheeto doesn't have an understanding of the law?  I'm shocked!

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20065 on: August 10, 2018, 10:26:17 AM »

Coming from the President makes it 1,000,000x times worse than whiny college kids.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20066 on: August 10, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »

The Cheeto doesn't have an understanding of

This could be followed by anything and remain accurate.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20067 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »

The Cheeto doesn't have an understanding of

This could be followed by anything and remain accurate.

He just processes information at a faster rate and on a different plane than everyone else.  You're just dumb if you can't see that.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #20068 on: August 10, 2018, 10:55:07 AM »
The President thinks he can suspend without pay private employees.  It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #20069 on: August 10, 2018, 11:42:23 AM »

Am I supposed to be surprised? Most Trump supporters I know and have done business with, and since distanced myself from them, have increasingly used racial terms around me since Trump's election. Most of them don't know that I hate every fiber of Trump's being and they don't need to know. I just don't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Just send me my checks so I can wash my hands and move on. Such offensive language is part of the fabric of Trump's world. No surprise here.
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.