PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 254608 times)

Sir2geez, Pablo, KJP, bumsquare, plinth857 and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #16710 on: May 16, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »
Where or WHERE is this collusion already?  It exists in plain sight!!!!

It's not our fault you don't know how to read (or refuse to read) the Senate Judiciary committee documents.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16711 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »

We know that pretty much everyone involved with the Trump campaign met with Russian spies and lied about it.    The evidence of collusion exists in plain sight. 

Well there you have it.  And yet over a year later, all we really have aside from Manafort is some weak plea bargains of making false statements to the FBI...

We only have evidence of all the meetings with Russia, all the lying about russia, the fact that no one reported these overtures to the FBI after it was in the public sphere that Russia was behind the hacking.  Yeah no collusion.  I swear a cult has taken everyone's ability to make logical connections.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16712 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »
We're heading straight in to a multi-layered Constitutional crisis and I pray our institutions can handle it.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16713 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
We're heading straight in to a multi-layered Constitutional crisis and I pray our institutions can handle it.

You still have in our institutions? 

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16714 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
^I do. I really do. We haven't seen a President attack a free press, rule of law, his own cabinet, the Judiciary, alliances, and objective truth in our nation's history. Some have done a few of the aforementioned, but no one has done all of them on this level.

Yet, here we are. Pissed about Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi. But each lever of government is still functioning, albeit in a different manner. Our Federal system is truly a marvel - and I will always love James Madison for that.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16715 on: May 16, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »
^I do. I really do. We haven't seen a President attack a free press, rule of law, his own cabinet, the Judiciary, alliances, and objective truth in our nation's history. Some have done a few of the aforementioned, but no one has done all of them on this level.

Yet, here we are. Pissed about Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi. But each lever of government is still functioning, albeit in a different manner. Our Federal system is truly a marvel - and I will always love James Madison for that.

But Congress's job right now is to be a check on Trump.  They are abdicating that responsibility. Especially Paul Ryan who is standing by as Devin Nunes interferes with an active investigation. 

Offline jonoh81

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #16716 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »
I am beyond disgusted this morning by what the administration and @GOP stand for. 52 dead, $500 million in Chinese bribes, the blocking of UN resolution to condemn killings.

Wake up America. This is not normal. Where is your outrage?

https://t.co/viTEJ6IJDB

If we're going on the outrage of Trump supporters, it's being reserved for some waiters at the Cheesecake Factory who allegedly said some mean things to a "Real American".  Our global standing in the world, our security, the rule of law, our principles and constitutional values... collateral damage to MAGA!

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #16717 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »
“BREAKING: North Korea official says country has no interest in summit with US if it's based on 'one-sided' demands to give up nuclear weapons”

Well, shucks.

Kim's trying to play hard ball as the summit approaches but the reality is that Trump's made it clear North Korea will be abandoning their nuclear weapons one way or another. There's an easy way and a hard way and unfortunately the ball is inherently in Kim's court as to which path is to be taken. I still think everyone, including Kim, prefer the easy way, he's just trying to get something - anything - in return for his capitulation so as not to appear weak to his people and, probably more importantly, his inner circle.

What's becoming crystal clear is that global leaders know a sucker when they see one and are taking advantage of that at the expense of the United States.  Trump's concerns are money and feeding his ego, at any expense.  Once people have that figured out, playing him for their own gain seems to be incredibly easy.  You support a fool, and you know what they say about that.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16718 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:43 AM »

The notes Paul Manafort supposedly took on his iPhone during the Trump Tower meeting.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16719 on: May 16, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »

But Congress's job right now is to be a check on Trump.  They are abdicating that responsibility. Especially Paul Ryan who is standing by as Devin Nunes interferes with an active investigation. 

Sure, they also might be doing the wise thing - with regards to McConnell (I won't even acknowledge Nunes who is too inept to interfere with a youth soccer game). If McConnell lets the special counsel bill in the Senate pass right now, he might have just spanked the four year old before it became necessary. Now, that four year old will scream, cry, and make up a false story to children's protective services over the phone. Sometimes, its best to save the spank.

Offline gottaplan

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16720 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »

We know that pretty much everyone involved with the Trump campaign met with Russian spies and lied about it.    The evidence of collusion exists in plain sight. 

Well there you have it.  And yet over a year later, all we really have aside from Manafort is some weak plea bargains of making false statements to the FBI...

We only have evidence of all the meetings with Russia, all the lying about russia, the fact that no one reported these overtures to the FBI after it was in the public sphere that Russia was behind the hacking.  Yeah no collusion.  I swear a cult has taken everyone's ability to make logical connections.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.  And I'm not saying to stop the Mueller investigation either.  But I am saying there won't be any charges on the collusion.  Obstruction of justice, tampering, making false statements - quite possibly.  Collusion - no.  The Russians were doing what they were doing regardless of any coordination with Trump campaign.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16721 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/us/cambridge-analytica-federal-investigation.html

The Justice Department and the F.B.I. are investigating Cambridge Analytica, the now-defunct political data firm, and have sought to question former employees and banks that handled its business, according to an American official and other people familiar with the inquiry.

Oh...the data firm the Trump Campaign used?  Under investigation.  What a surprise.

Offline unusualfire

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16722 on: May 16, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
Europe is dumping the US dollar for Iranian Oil. It's only the beggining folks.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16723 on: May 16, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.  And I'm not saying to stop the Mueller investigation either.  But I am saying there won't be any charges on the collusion.  Obstruction of justice, tampering, making false statements - quite possibly.  Collusion - no.  The Russians were doing what they were doing regardless of any coordination with Trump campaign.

Collusion is not a crime so of course there won't be charges.  It happened though and it is plain as day to people that can follow timelines.

The fact that the Russians would've done it is irrelevant.  If I see my neighbors house get broken into and do nothing about it then I am part of the problem.  If I siad nothing to law enforcement and pretended there was no break in, then I am a terrible human being.  <---This is the Trump campaign.  A bunch of awful excuses for human beings.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16724 on: May 16, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16725 on: May 16, 2018, 12:03:13 PM »
https://www.vox.com/2018/5/14/17343860/donald-trump-korea-diplomacy

Why are we taking Donald Trump’s Korea diplomacy seriously?

A little Charlie Brown and the football going on this morning regarding the North Korea summit, eh?

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16726 on: May 16, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
Remember last week when Trumpies told us that companies paying his personal lawyer were just normal transactions?

It's so weird that multiple executives from multiple companies have resigned over those payments.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16727 on: May 16, 2018, 12:07:20 PM »
Also remember - "No contact with Russia" was the line the Trump administration trotted out for awhile.

These people are liars.  Stop believing them.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16728 on: May 16, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »
Also remember - "No contact with Russia" was the line the Trump administration trotted out for awhile.

Yeah. That's actually a really fair point. No contact at all was the firm position for like the first 6 months.

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #16729 on: May 16, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
So the Senate Intelligence Committee just concluded:

“After a thorough review, our staff concluded that the [Intelligence Community Assessment] conclusions were accurate and on point,” Warner said. “The Russian effort was extensive, sophisticated, and ordered by President Putin himself for the purpose of helping Donald Trump and hurting Hillary Clinton.”

So that really flies in the face of Trump and supporters who claim there is nothing to the Russia interference, that they had only chaos in mind, and that we should really try being friends with them. 

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16730 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »

Yeah. That's actually a really fair point. No contact at all was the firm position for like the first 6 months.

The official position changes as the public finds out more information.  this is how the administration handles everything, not just their collusion with Russia.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16731 on: May 16, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »
To your comment re: faith in institutions, @freefourur ...

The US Office of Government Ethics (an Executive Agency), just referred to the Attorney General's office the fact that President Trump's financial disclosures list repayments to Michael Cohen by the President.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16732 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Russia didn't want Trump to win the election, they didn't think he had a slim chance to do so, and they certainly didn't collude with him (any suggestion of such collusion is rather apt for this thread, given the title). They ran a pretty simple, unimaginative propaganda campaign to create strife and civil unrest, and it worked. It's something they've probably been doing to some degree for decades. It's really not that big of a deal, I just hope we run similar/better cyber warfare/interference on them - I imagine we do.

This seems like a lot of hubub about nothing. Flynn got nabbed for a process crime - a petty infraction that we all already knew occurred. There's still no sign or even a hint of collusion, in fact Flynn's plea is a huge indication that there are no bigger charges coming for others. The end of Russiagate is likely pretty close.

So this has nothing to do with Trump, nothing to do with Russia, and nothing to do with collusion. So much money, time, and effort spent trying to find something - anything - indicating some sort of collusion, and we end up with a couple of charges against a guy for tax fraud and money laundering years before he had anything to do with Trump.

didn't someone in the Obama administration already say there was no evidence at all that Trump campaign was involved with Russia's interference in the election?  Back when Trump was still president-elect?  Is there new evidence being uncovered?  If there is, I hope it's uncovered soon & charges are brought against those involved.  If not, this Russia investigation is becoming the democrats version of "BENGHAZI"

Also, this is hilarious:

Hillary is irrelevant.   Trump has not done anything relayed to the economy and he us getting further involved in Syria.   A majority of people want answers on Russia too.  AHCA is DOA. 

You love to point when others are wrong. Let's make a wager about Trumpcare passing.   If it passes you stay off the forum for 3 months?

^ Is your assertion that if there was no known evidence by one person on 1/20 that evidence can't be discovered or corroborated at a later date? 

No, that's not my assertion.  My assertion is that they have not found anything that indicates Trump campaign (pre-election) had any collusion with Russia on election hacking or interference.

And for the record, I am firmly in the camp of people who think there's something improper with the Trump administration & Russia that needs investigated.  Even if nothing else is found, I think it needs to occur to set people's minds at ease and let the Trump administration know they are being watched closely

Where or WHERE is this collusion already?

maybe this charade will finally be coming to an end. enough is enough

House Intel finds 'no evidence of collusion' between Trump campaign and Russia

and maybe one day we'll even see some of the allegations of this faux-investigation proven too! ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:58:31 PM by DarkandStormy »

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16733 on: May 16, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »
Russia didn't want Trump to win the election, they didn't think he had a slim chance to do so, and they certainly didn't collude with him (any suggestion of such collusion is rather apt for this thread, given the title). They ran a pretty simple, unimaginative propaganda campaign to create strife and civil unrest, and it worked. It's something they've probably been doing to some degree for decades. It's really not that big of a deal, I just hope we run similar/better cyber warfare/interference on them - I imagine we do.

This seems like a lot of hubub about nothing. Flynn got nabbed for a process crime - a petty infraction that we all already knew occurred. There's still no sign or even a hint of collusion, in fact Flynn's plea is a huge indication that there are no bigger charges coming for others. The end of Russiagate is likely pretty close.

So this has nothing to do with Trump, nothing to do with Russia, and nothing to do with collusion. So much money, time, and effort spent trying to find something - anything - indicating some sort of collusion, and we end up with a couple of charges against a guy for tax fraud and money laundering years before he had anything to do with Trump.

didn't someone in the Obama administration already say there was no evidence at all that Trump campaign was involved with Russia's interference in the election?  Back when Trump was still president-elect?  Is there new evidence being uncovered?  If there is, I hope it's uncovered soon & charges are brought against those involved.  If not, this Russia investigation is becoming the democrats version of "BENGHAZI"

Also, this is hilarious:

Hillary is irrelevant.   Trump has not done anything relayed to the economy and he us getting further involved in Syria.   A majority of people want answers on Russia too.  AHCA is DOA. 

You love to point when others are wrong. Let's make a wager about Trumpcare passing.   If it passes you stay off the forum for 3 months?

^ Is your assertion that if there was no known evidence by one person on 1/20 that evidence can't be discovered or corroborated at a later date? 

No, that's not my assertion.  My assertion is that they have not found anything that indicates Trump campaign (pre-election) had any collusion with Russia on election hacking or interference.

And for the record, I am firmly in the camp of people who think there's something improper with the Trump administration & Russia that needs investigated.  Even if nothing else is found, I think it needs to occur to set people's minds at ease and let the Trump administration know they are being watched closely

Where or WHERE is this collusion already?

maybe this charade will finally be coming to an end. enough is enough

House Intel finds 'no evidence of collusion' between Trump campaign and Russia

and maybe one day we'll even see some of the allegations of this faux-investigation proven too! ;D

You sir, are a gem @DarkandStormy

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #16734 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:08 PM »
Warner and Burr are, as expected, being blasted by conservatives today.  Building that narrative quickly.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16735 on: May 16, 2018, 02:19:21 PM »
^You mean those two Deep State holdovers who have wives who once attended the Central Park Zoo only eleven (11) hours after Hillary Clinton?

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #16736 on: May 16, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »
^You mean those two Deep State holdovers who have wives who once attended the Central Park Zoo only eleven (11) hours after Hillary Clinton?

More like about how Warner texted some Russians about the Steele dossier.  But yes, DERP STATE!!! too. 

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16737 on: May 16, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16738 on: May 16, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

This is essentially a criminal referral to DOJ for Trump making a false statement in his previous financial disclosure.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #16739 on: May 16, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »
^Functionally it is the same. David Apol is about to get torn apart tonight by people who didn't know anything about him 12 hours ago