PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 212498 times)

The_Cincinnati_Kid, ryanlammi, freefourur, GCrites80s, roman totale XVII, Clefan98 and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #15810 on: April 15, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
“Find me something to do,” were the instructions Scott Pruitt gave his staff, after telling them he wanted to travel to particular destinations, the letter says https://t.co/maQ8u4NSzC
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15811 on: April 16, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
This is well said. I'm going to take it to heart. I think it will make me happier since I already love my neighborhood, city and metro area...

How Americans spend political energy:
     90% Trump/federal
     10% State
     0% City/local

How we would spend our political energy if we wanted to make an actual difference:
     10% Trump/federal
     30% State
     60% City/local
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15812 on: April 16, 2018, 10:56:11 AM »
"Astonished by the all-out assault on Comey by Team Clinton. Suggesting he is a partisan interfering with the election is dangerous & unfair."

Kellyanne Conway, October 2016

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15813 on: April 16, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
Until James Comey acknowledges he ****ed up by releasing to the public one ongoing investigation (which resulted in nothing) but did NOT make public an investigation of the other Presidential candidate (which, whoops, has just happened to produce multiple indictments and guilty pleas) I don't really give a **** what he has to say.

Like...why is he out here on a book tour?

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #15814 on: April 16, 2018, 12:26:02 PM »
Until James Comey acknowledges he ****ed up by releasing to the public one ongoing investigation (which resulted in nothing) but did NOT make public an investigation of the other Presidential candidate (which, whoops, has just happened to produce multiple indictments and guilty pleas) I don't really give a **** what he has to say.

Because James Comey is all about James Comey.  There is no underlying motivation, just greed and hubris.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15815 on: April 16, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »

I think he explained it pretty well in his interview.  Trump was not personally under investigation at that time and the investigation was still very early.  I do find Comey to be a bit sanctimonious but his credibility is way higher than Trump's. 

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15816 on: April 16, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

Because James Comey is all about James Comey.  There is no underlying motivation, just greed and hubris.

Yes because early on in his 31 year career of distinguished service, he predicted the Hillary-Trump showdown as his exit strategy.   #FACEPALM

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15817 on: April 16, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
Comey is arrogant, no doubt... and his shots at Trump re: his appearance were petty and chipped at his overall credibility...

But Trumpsters, do you really want to go down the road of discrediting someone because they're self-loving, arrogant, and tend to promote their own name......

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15818 on: April 16, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »
https://thinkprogress.org/cohen-defies-court-order-refuses-to-release-names-of-his-clients-61fc4ffd9ad7/

Cohen defies court order, refuses to release names of his clients

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.  Let's see if it pays off.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15819 on: April 16, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »
^It's really not if you've been assured of a pardon by your ONE AND ONLY client

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15820 on: April 16, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
^It's really not if you've been assured of a pardon by your ONE AND ONLY client

He better be certain that he hasn't committed any state crimes.

Offline mu2010

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #15821 on: April 16, 2018, 02:30:12 PM »

Do you honestly think this doesn't apply to Donald J. Trump? If you can allegedly see it with Comey and can't see it with Trump, you should get your judge of character checked out.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15822 on: April 16, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15823 on: April 16, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »
Cohen's unnamed 3rd client is Sean Hannity.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15824 on: April 16, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »

That would be too rich

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15825 on: April 16, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »

That would be too rich

I am being serious.  This is true.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15826 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »
“Find me something to do,” were the instructions Scott Pruitt gave his staff, after telling them he wanted to travel to particular destinations, the letter says https://t.co/maQ8u4NSzC

Interesting that Cincinnati made his list! He came just in time for freezing temperatures and more snow, too. Hopefully he stays around long enough to have a three way to warm up:

EPA head Scott Pruitt in Cincinnati

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/04/16/epa-head-scott-pruitt-cincinnati/521380002/

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt is in Cincinnati.

He spent part of his day Monday, according to a tweet, with Greater Cincinnati Water Works officials and workers regarding the replacement of lead pipes.

"This is a model cities across the country should look at in order to invest in the future of our children," Pruitt tweeted.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15827 on: April 16, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
Aren't there ethical issues with a journalist/commentator covering a story of an attorney's legal troubles without disclosing that you are a client of said attorney?

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15828 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:50 PM »
Hopefully he stays around long enough to have a three way to warm up:

WOAH! That might be another ethics violation - pending his wife's approval

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15829 on: April 16, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
Aren't there ethical issues with a journalist/commentator covering a story of an attorney's legal troubles without disclosing that you are a client of said attorney?

No. That's absolutely protected.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15830 on: April 16, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »

No. That's absolutely protected.

I mean from a reporting standpoint.  He shouldn't be reporting on the Cohen story and spinning it since he is a client. 

Anyway, Hannity is another example of ETTD.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15831 on: April 16, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »

That would be too rich

Identity Of Michael Cohen’s ‘Mystery’ Client Revealed As Sean Hannity
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-cohen-sean-hannity_us_5ad4ef98e4b016a07e9f6410

If Fox has any pretense of being a legitimate news operation, it must remove Hannity from commenting on Cohen and related news (and likely from Trump too).

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15832 on: April 16, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »

There are quite a few issues, but Hannity works for Fox News, not a reputable news organization.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15833 on: April 16, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »

There are quite a few issues, but Hannity works for Fox News, not a reputable news organization.

Shame is... Hannity, Ingraham, and Judge Jeanette's absolute lunacy have cast a shadow on some REALLY good and fair commentary out of Baier, Smith, Perino, and Timpf this year.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15834 on: April 16, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »

Shame is... Hannity, Ingraham, and Judge Jeanette's absolute lunacy have cast a shadow on some REALLY good and fair commentary out of Baier, Smith, Perino, and Timpf this year.

Those journalists should be ashamed to work for a propaganda outlet. 

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15835 on: April 16, 2018, 04:12:54 PM »
^I think it says volumes that they stay objective through it all. Despite the pressure from the employer and audience they serve. That's the true test of integrity.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15836 on: April 16, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »
^I think it says volumes that they stay objective through it all. Despite the pressure from the employer and audience they serve. That's the true test of integrity.

I agree in a way but their presence lends credibility to FoxNews. They do not deserve any semblance of credibility.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15837 on: April 16, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »

I agree in a way but their presence lends credibility to FoxNews. They do not deserve any semblance of credibility.

.... But they do... if they have credible reporters.

On the whole, I agree with you, FoxNews is trash. But if you have everyone abandoning ship the moment they get opposition, our world will have to exist in a vacuum.

The same issue exists at CNN. Is someone more likely to lend credence to Chris Cuomo or Jake Tapper?

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15838 on: April 16, 2018, 04:25:04 PM »
Fox News has to fire Hannity. You can't have a host who interviews his own lawyer on TV without disclosing it, and who interviews a politician he's regularly advising on policy without disclosing it, and not become state television rather than a "news outlet" measured by Nielsen.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #15839 on: April 16, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »

.... But they do... if they have credible reporters.

On the whole, I agree with you, FoxNews is trash. But if you have everyone abandoning ship the moment they get opposition, our world will have to exist in a vacuum.

The same issue exists at CNN. Is someone more likely to lend credence to Chris Cuomo or Jake Tapper?

Sean Hannity is no Chris Cuomo