Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 444982 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #14580 on: March 13, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
Ousted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson found out that he had been fired from the tweet from President Trump on Tuesday, according to Steve Goldstein, Undersecretary for public diplomacy, @eliselabottcnn reports.
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/973556165882863616?s=19
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14581 on: March 13, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
It doesn't though. It is not categorically false to say that Russia didn't change the outcome of our election?

No such determination has been made by anybody.

I'm going to go out on a short sturdy limb and say the burden of proof is on the accuser, there.  And I've seen nothing close to proof.

But saying that they didn;t do it is not true.  As no such determination has been investigated.  The correct answer is that I am making no accusation here.  Merely stating the truth is that we don't know whether votes were affected.  That is the IC determination.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14582 on: March 13, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »
Can one of our resident Trump supporters put a positive spin on this? If so, is there anything President Trump has done during his tenure as POTUS that you have disagreed with? (Other than not instructing a prosecution of Hillary)

*BUUUUUMP

Only one more bump and then you'll get warned, I believe.  :)
Very Stable Genius

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14583 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
Wild thing is... I don't think Putin is Trump's boss - though that's funny to say.

I just think the President is extremely insecure and sees any attack on Putin as an attack on the legitimacy of his Presidency.

I would argue the opposite. When there is a clear occasion, if not a need to criticize Russia or Putin and Trump is silent, that is what attacks his presidency.
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14584 on: March 13, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
It doesn't though. It is not categorically false to say that Russia didn't change the outcome of our election?

The intelligence report said clearly that it wouldn't weigh in on how much impact Russia may have had, not that it didn't have an impact.

He deviated from the report to parrot White House talking points.

He's been pretty partisan when speaking about Russia and it's clear he's trying to downplay the role Russian interference had on the election.  He is more or less just saying what the White House says which is sometimes in direct conflict of the conclusions of the entire IC.
Very Stable Genius

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14585 on: March 13, 2018, 01:57:25 PM »
^I'm with you @KJP , but when your entire life is built on proving yourself via masculinity, and you 1) lost the popular vote to a woman, and 2) feel attacked by the fringe left re: his legitimacy... that's the type of BS that props into his head. In my opinion

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14586 on: March 13, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »
"Stormy said they had an affair.  Trump said they didn't.  Who are you going to believe?  The fake blonde with big t!ts, or Stormy Daniels?" - Bill Maher

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14587 on: March 13, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »
What a sh!tshow...

BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted Trump's account of secretary of state's dismissal.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14588 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

No one has received more money from Koch Industries than Mike Pompeo.

In just four election cycles, 2010 through 2016, Pomeo received: $335,000 from Koch Industries employees (including $92,000 just from the Koch family); $69,000 from the Koch Industries PAC; $417,175 from Americans for Prosperity (which is the right-wing advocacy group founded by the Koch brothers); plus another $87,532 from “Other outside groups heavily funded by the Kochs.”

That’s over $900,000 to buy one Congressman.
Very Stable Genius

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14589 on: March 13, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/973553810911256576

Trump says he will speak with British PM Theresa May, who has accused Russia of poisoning an ex-spy in London:

"As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be."

Oh, so if they don't like the facts they'll just ignore it?  Wtf?
Very Stable Genius

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14590 on: March 13, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »
LOL....

Trump's personal aide Johnny McEntee was fired because he is currently under investigation by the Department of Homeland Security for serious financial crimes, a source familiar with his firing tells CNN’s @kaitlancollins.

McEntee was immediately hired for Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. Apparently, they needed someone to step in where Manafort left off... https://t.co/DXaQvmgNs0

Offline jonoh81

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #14591 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
Frightening move as Trump opens the door to normalize North Korea.

He's been normalizing leaders like Putin, Erdrogan, Duterte, Xi Jinping, and of course Kim Jong-un from the beginning.  They're his people.   

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #14592 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »
Can one of our resident Trump supporters put a positive spin on this? If so, is there anything President Trump has done during his tenure as POTUS that you have disagreed with? (Other than not instructing a prosecution of Hillary)

I asked EVD to name 10 things he disagreed with.  I know I'm never going to get even 1.  If anything, it'll be something like "didn't prosecute Hillary" or "hasn't appointed himself president for life yet". 

Offline jonoh81

« Reply #14593 on: March 13, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
What a sh!tshow...

BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted Trump's account of secretary of state's dismissal.

We have a sham government right now.  What an absolute joke.  A few more years of this and we'll be a true banana republic. 

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14594 on: March 13, 2018, 03:37:14 PM »
Trump names Gina Haspel as director of CIA--the first woman to hold that position. Can you imagine if Obama or Hillary had done this? The sycophantic-to-Democrats mainstream media would be praising them to the skies as to what a groundbreaking, glass ceiling-breaking move this was. No, there's no bias

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/gina-haspel-cia-director-trump/2018/03/13/id/848344/

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14595 on: March 13, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »
Trump names Gina Haspel as director of CIA--the first woman to hold that position. Can you imagine if Obama or Hillary had done this? The sycophantic-to-Democrats mainstream media would be praising them to the skies as to what a groundbreaking, glass ceiling-breaking move this was. No, there's no bias

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/gina-haspel-cia-director-trump/2018/03/13/id/848344/

Is this the highest position in US government a woman has ever held? 

Trump today fired 3 people one of which has had an interim security clearance for 14 months but is under investigation for serious financial crimes.  And you are worried that Deal Leader is getting praise for appointing a woman to a cabinet position. 

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14596 on: March 13, 2018, 03:50:52 PM »

did I say this? please read carefully.  ;)

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14597 on: March 13, 2018, 03:52:39 PM »

Then why is it important?  You skipped over my other comments too.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14598 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qve7x7/gina-haspel-cia-director-torture-black-site

New CIA Director Gina Haspel Oversaw Torture at a Black Site Then Lost Evidence of It

Oh, good.
Very Stable Genius

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14599 on: March 13, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »
So is there anything keeping Rex Tillerson from running to 60 minutes and spilling his guts about Trump?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14600 on: March 13, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »
Patrick Chovanec
‏@prchovanec
 2h2 hours ago
More
Tillerson: Russia obviously poisoned the guy.
Trump: You're fired.
Press: You fired him for saying that?
Trump: No, I fired him on Friday.
Tillerson aide: He wasn't fired on Friday, it came as a complete surprise.
Trump: You're fired too.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14601 on: March 13, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »

Then why is it important? 

I guess I've misjudged your political leanings all along. I assumed you had feminist sympathies. As such it would seem quite significant that a woman is heading the premier intelligence agency of the country. Sorry, I was wrong :(. You have heard the term glass ceiling, right?

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14602 on: March 13, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »

Then why is it important? 

I guess I've misjudged your political leanings all along. I assumed you had feminist sympathies. As such it would seem quite significant that a woman is heading the premier intelligence agency of the country. Sorry, I was wrong :(. You have heard the term glass ceiling, right?

Glass ceiling would imply that no other held a higher position in US government.  Many women have already been cabinet secretaries.  Nothing ceiling shattering about this. 

Feminist symathies - is a hell of a term too.  I am a feminist. 

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14603 on: March 13, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
The Latest: Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says he's delegating his responsibilities at the end of the workday to Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan, calls for an orderly transition to Mike Pompeo.
https://apnews.com/6b3fe76623e24c33ba17305a0e08c505

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14604 on: March 13, 2018, 04:24:54 PM »

Why are you judging someone's political leanings anyway? There are only two kinds of people -- those who have empathy and those who don't.

Offline westerninterloper

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #14605 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »

Ridiculous assertion and dubious source. Keep trying.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14606 on: March 13, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »

Why are you judging someone's political leanings anyway? There are only two kinds of people -- those who have empathy and those who don't.

Plus the reason the position was open in the first place is a bigger story.  Also, the fact that someone with a security clearance was fired today because he is under a serious investigation are both bigger stories.  Perhaps trump should stop stepping on his own news cycle if he wants praise.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14607 on: March 13, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »
BREAKING: Did Tillerson's firing trigger the October 2017 "suicide pact" between Tillerson, Mattis, and Mnuchin? And if not, why not? The three agreed to all quit *together* if any one of them was fired. Media needs to check in with Mattis and Mnuchin now.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4949298/Under-fire-Tillerson-forced-deny-rift-Trump.html

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14608 on: March 13, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »
Unsealed Documents in Special Counsel Mueller’s Investigation

Reflecting developments in Manafort case -- judge writes that he "faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison" due to charges and weight of apparent evidence:

https://www.justsecurity.org/46583/unsealed-documents-special-counsel-mueller-investigation/

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14609 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »
Social media mocks Sean Spicer for typo praising Tillerson for having "severed" the country http://hill.cm/FFlh6J5