PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 29667 times)

Offline DarkandStormy

• One World Trade Center 1,776'

Offline DarkandStormy

Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #11491 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-approval-rating-polls-fake-news-tweet-wrong-low-50s-maga-us-president-asia-trip-a8053506.html

"But #FakeNews likes to say we’re in the 30’s. They are wrong. Some people think numbers could be in the 50's."

And those people would be idiots.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11492 on: November 14, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »
^ 75% of "hacking" is really just idiots with passwords like that one (or the infamous admin/password combo that people never change). 20% of the remainder are people who fall for phishing scams and hand someone their password (like Podesta).  There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking advantage of someone's mistakes like this.

Interesting moral code you got there.  It certainly explains a lot.

What is the moral wrong you see here? It was a political attack site - a nefarious and immoral endeavor to begin with - and the only benefit was finding out who was behind it a few hours before it was made public.

You said there was nothing morally wrong with taking advantage of someones mistake of being victim of a phishing scam or not changing their password.  Do you also believe it's ok to steal someones car if they leave the keys in the ignition?

You two may need to reread that comment.  "Like this" is a key phrase I think you missed - there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of someone's poor password practices for trivial (like this Atlantic article nothingburger) or (in Podesta's case) inherently good reasons. If you do it and drain their banking accounts or steal their personal photos, of course it's morally reprehensible.

Offline DarkandStormy

« Reply #11493 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
I want to be clear on something: Sessions responding to questions about Russian contacts by reading a prepared statement means he thinks he's going to be prosecuted. This is what a witness does to avoid speaking off the cuff in a way that can be used against them in court.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/930486395071877122

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11494 on: November 14, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
@Ram23 - as a fellow Conservative... it's time to get on the right side of history bud.

When our party is split re: the appropriateness of pedophilia, it's time to soul search.

yeah really. Maybe even "progressives" now will "get on the right side of history." ::) After decades of liberal Hollywood stars (and a certain ex-president) engaging in sexual abuse of all manner without any repercussions or accountability from the media, despite the fact that everyone within the industry knew this was going one (except for poor Meryl Streep :(, an A-list Hollywood insider if there ever was one for decades), even they're "soul searching," desperately trying to do what's right ;D :P

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11495 on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
@Ram23 - as a fellow Conservative... it's time to get on the right side of history bud.

When our party is split re: the appropriateness of pedophilia, it's time to soul search.

yeah really. Maybe even "progressives" now will "get on the right side of history." ::) After decades of liberal Hollywood stars (and a certain ex-president) engaging in sexual abuse of all manner without any repercussions or accountability from the media, despite the fact that everyone within the industry knew this was going one (except for poor Meryl Streep :(, an A-list Hollywood insider if there ever was one for decades), even they're "soul searching," desperately trying to do what's right ;D :P

You know you're on the wrong side when deflection is your primary tool of defense.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:59:07 PM by Clefan98 »

Offline DarkandStormy

« Reply #11496 on: November 14, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
If we're going to play whataboutism, maybe start with the pussy-grabber-in-Chief?

Offline freefourur

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #11497 on: November 14, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
^ 75% of "hacking" is really just idiots with passwords like that one (or the infamous admin/password combo that people never change). 20% of the remainder are people who fall for phishing scams and hand someone their password (like Podesta).  There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking advantage of someone's mistakes like this.

Interesting moral code you got there.  It certainly explains a lot.

What is the moral wrong you see here? It was a political attack site - a nefarious and immoral endeavor to begin with - and the only benefit was finding out who was behind it a few hours before it was made public.

You said there was nothing morally wrong with taking advantage of someones mistake of being victim of a phishing scam or not changing their password.  Do you also believe it's ok to steal someones car if they leave the keys in the ignition?

You two may need to reread that comment.  "Like this" is a key phrase I think you missed - there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of someone's poor password practices for trivial (like this Atlantic article nothingburger) or (in Podesta's case) inherently good reasons. If you do it and drain their banking accounts or steal their personal photos, of course it's morally reprehensible.

Accessing a computer without authorization is against the law. 

18 USC 1030

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #11498 on: November 14, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »
He's so funny....

America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline DarkandStormy

« Reply #11499 on: November 14, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/washington-politics-latest?lf-content=225119510:lb-post-5c924bfa597def74e558e7cf84f34f31@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

Today, Sessions stood by his previous statements, saying, "I have always told the truth, and I have answered every question as I understood them and to the best of my recollection."

Jan. 10, 2017: During his confirmation hearing, Sessions denies any communications with Russians or knowledge of any campaign contact with Russians. He was asked by Democratic Sen. Al Franken, “if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?” Sessions responded, “I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.”

Jan. 17, 2017: Sessions denied having any campaign-related contacts with Russians in a written questionnaire submitted as part of his confirmation process. Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy asked, “Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?" Sessions gave a one-word reply: “No.”

June 13, 2017: During his testimony before the Senate intelligence committee, Sessions denies knowing about any conversations between Trump campaign officials and Russians about election interference. “I have never met with or had any conversation with any Russians or any foreign officials concerning any type of interference with any campaign or election in the United States,” he said. Further, I have no knowledge of any such conversations by anyone connected to the Trump campaign.”

Oct. 18, 2017: During his testimony before the Senate judiciary committee, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham asked, “Did anybody in the campaign, did you ever overhear a conversation between you and anybody on the campaign who talked about meeting with the Russians?” Sessions replied, “I have not seen anything that would indicate collusion with the Russians to impact the campaign.” He was later asked by Democratic Sen. Al Franken, “You don't believe that surrogates from the Trump campaign had communications with the Russians? Is that what you're saying?” Sessions replied, “I did not and I'm not aware of anyone else that did, and I don't believe it happened.” Sessions also testified that he was never told during by anyone the campaign that the Russians wanted to help Trump.

WHOOPS!

Today:
I had no recollection of this meeting until I saw these news reports,” Mr Sessions said on Tuesday. “I do now recall the March 2016 meeting at Trump Hotel that Mr. Papadopoulos attended, but I have no clear recollection of the details of what he said at that meeting.”

Uh, yeah, ok, Jeff.  If your memory sucks that much why are you holding the office of the Attorney General?  I mean...he's saying news reports are now serving as his memory.  Wtf?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11500 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:32 PM »
Then there's this gem from the Department of Homeland Security...

Reminder: Don Jr's WL exchanges come two weeks *after* the October 6th IC statement that said this of Wikileaks https://t.co/KMzD6qLOWK

Offline freefourur

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #11501 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
Jeff Sessions has testified that there is no factual basis for a Uranium One investigation. 

Offline Sir2geez

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #11502 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
Jeff Sessions has testified that there is no factual basis for a Uranium One investigation.

Sean Hannity is going to lose his mind.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11503 on: November 14, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »

Sean Hannity is going to lose his mind.

You have to have one first in order to lose it. All he has are reflexes.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11504 on: November 14, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
A man in love. With himself.

Trump Says He’s the Most Popular President Ever Around the World; the Reality is Very Different
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-most-popular-president-165203645.html

Offline DarkandStormy

« Reply #11505 on: November 14, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »

LOL

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11506 on: November 14, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »
BOOM!

Russia Sent Money to 60 of their Embassies “To finance election campaign of 2016”

https://t.co/tgT16F4o1V

Online Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11507 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »

I find it interesting that the reason these ladies probably felt empowered to come out against Moore was the many accusations that have been made public in the last 2 months in general.  If they had just come out of the blue against Moore I would suspect more politics in play, but they are doing what many women are doing--in Hollywood and Alabama. 

Offline DarkandStormy

« Reply #11508 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-company-had-more-contact-with-russia-during-campaign-according-to-documents-turned-over-to-investigators/2017/10/02/2091fe5e-a6c0-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.9007af45378e

Associates of President Trump and his company have turned over documents to federal investigators that reveal two previously unreported contacts from Russia during the 2016 campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

In one case, Trump’s personal attorney and a business associate exchanged emails weeks before the Republican National Convention about the lawyer possibly traveling to an economic conference in Russia that would be attended by top Russian financial and government leaders, including President Vladi­mir Putin, according to people familiar with the correspondence.

In the other case, the same Trump attorney, Michael Cohen, received a proposal in late 2015 for a Moscow residential project from a company founded by a billionaire who once served in the upper house of the Russian parliament, these people said. The previously unreported inquiry marks the second proposal for a Trump-branded Moscow project that was delivered to the company during the presidential campaign and has since come to light.

SO MUCH WINNING

Offline SleepyLeroy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #11509 on: November 14, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
For those interested in a humorous romp thru the sometimes humorous history of Donald Trump, the Dollop podcast tackled his story this week.  A good overview to those who didnt live thru or lived too hard through the '80's and '90's when he seemed to be all over.

Offline jon81oh

• Excavation Site
« Reply #11510 on: November 14, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »

Where have progressives been rallying around those accused in Hollywood?  I hope every single one of these sick ***** is outed, and I'm as liberal as it gets on many issues.  Victims of sexual assault and harassment rarely come forward regardless of the political affiliations they have or those of the people they are surrounded by, but this is definitely true when they are victims of someone in a position of authority or that can affect their careers, reputations and families.  People are also generally afraid to speak out if they see it for the same reasons.  When it comes to this issue, there is often strong backlash against the accuser, as we've seen in the Moore case, and something you're basically trying to do now- shame everyone but the perpetrator.  That's likely why so few have come forward until this movement came about.   All that said, pedophilia for me goes one step further in terms of how disgusting it is.  The more we learn about Moore, the more it becomes clear he's been into kids for a very long time.  Probably always has been. 

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11511 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:01 PM »
^ With all these accusations flying around these days - in hindsight, how good of a decision does this seem to be?

Mike Pence doesn’t dine alone with other women. And we’re all shocked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/30/mike-pence-doesnt-dine-alone-with-other-women-and-were-all-shocked/?utm_term=.3c92cd8fed03

Offline westerninterloper

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #11512 on: November 14, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
^ With all these accusations flying around these days - in hindsight, how good of a decision does this seem to be?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/30/mike-pence-doesnt-dine-alone-with-other-women-and-were-all-shocked/?utm_term=.3c92cd8fed03

Depends if you think the reason is that "all these women are lying" or "men can't keep their hands off women". I suspect you think the former.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11513 on: November 15, 2017, 12:08:44 AM »
Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) tells the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that there is concern President Trump is so unstable that he will order a nuclear weapons strike.

If this isn't the scariest thing I have ever heard then I don't know what is...

In my 2016 anti-Trump novella the #TwoManRule is the only thing that prevents Trump launching a nuclear war #11thHour

In Richard Hine's 2016 anti-Trump novella the #TwoManRule is the only thing that prevents Trump launching a nuclear war #11thHour https://t.co/pzKaCaxYxI

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11514 on: November 15, 2017, 07:27:21 AM »

That always struck me not as admirable, but as some kind of Sharia law-type thing. It's weird. 

Offline YABO713

« Reply #11515 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:02 AM »

I call this the "March Madness for Phrases Your Unemployed Uncle may Scream on Thanksgiving."

Offline freefourur

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #11516 on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »

That always struck me not as admirable, but as some kind of Sharia law-type thing. It's weird.

The true rule should be - don't sexually assault anybody.  It has served me well for my entire life thus far.

Offline YABO713

« Reply #11517 on: November 15, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »
^Imagine being a smart, capable female staffer and being unable to get one-on-one facetime with your boss. I'm not exactly the most ardent believer in the glass ceiling, but come the hell on.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11518 on: November 15, 2017, 08:13:55 AM »

If he can't trust himself around women, then why should we trust Pence at all? Is this why he clings so tightly to the Good Book? Because he doesn't trust himself to make good decisions on his own? Women aren't objects. They're just people. Colleagues. Friends. Mothers. Daughters....

Offline freefourur

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #11519 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
^Imagine being a smart, capable female staffer and being unable to get one-on-one facetime with your boss. I'm not exactly the most ardent believer in the glass ceiling, but come the hell on.

This type of policy holds back women.  But that's probably a feature rather than a bug.