Author Topic: Crazy conspiracy theories  (Read 8595 times)

Offline jonoh81

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: Crazy conspiracy theories
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2018, 09:49:43 AM »
One of the crazier facts(?) about Alex Jones is how young the guys is...he's only 44!

He's old enough to run for president.  Hell, the bar's already at rock bottom, why not plunge the knife all the way down?

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »

Flat Earthers are also Moon Landing hoaxers too but the fake Moon Landing crowd has been around since at least the 80s.

I worked with a flat earther who was about 50.  He absolutely, positively believed it, along with pretty much every other common conspiracy.  He was big on the Jimi Hendrix is Morgan Freeman conspiracy.   

Offline bfwissel

• Premium Member
  • Key Tower 947'
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2018, 11:57:18 AM »
Wait, what?  Jimi Hendrix is Morgan Freeman?  What?
"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffett

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
Morgan Freeman is obviously Jimi Hendrix:

Offline bfwissel

• Premium Member
  • Key Tower 947'
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2018, 12:12:50 PM »
The teeth are completely different.  WTF.  How stupid are people?
"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffett

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2018, 03:12:32 PM »
I get the feeling the whole "Flat Earth" movement is more of a big in-joke than an actual belief. I detect an aura of "I wonder if we can convince people we actually believe something this dumb," from that crowd.

I genuinely feel the same way about the crowd that claims to fully support Donald Trump and his every action. I'm not referring to the grin-and-bear-it conservatives who hold their nose and say nice things about Trump because they support the conservative policies his administration is implementing. But the people who defend his every action no matter how obviously bad it is to everyone else, including "normal" conservatives...I really don't think those people really believe it.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
But, yeah, there will be a coming together after Trump is removed from office, either by impeachment or vote....NOT. These crazy, armed, tinfoil turds will only get more desperate. They seek a storm of mass arrests to catch their imaginary bad guys -- when the real bad guys are themselves. These QAnon wackos are the reason why Trump is in the White House and his supporters are in Congress. If the GOP remains in control of both houses of Congress this November, it's time to declare finis' to the Great American Experiment.

QAnon is terrifying. This is why.
By Molly Roberts
August 2

“The Storm is coming,” say the conspiracy theorizers whose grotesque imaginings terrified the country to attention this week. Maybe they’re right.

QAnon adherents encourage those seeking the truth to “follow the White Rabbit,” but it’s hard to hop down this hole without getting totally lost in their horrorland. The simplest description of the plot line goes something like this: President Trump isn’t under investigation; he is only pretending to be, as part of a countercoup to restore power to the people after more than a century of governmental control by a globalist cabal. Also, there are pedophiles.

A figure named “Q,” who supposedly possesses Q-level security clearance, disperses “crumbs” that “bakers” bring together to create a “dough” of synthesized information. (This is not how baking works, but that seems the least of our worries.) Because Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet and 17 is also a number Trump has said a few times, among other clearly-not-coincidences, he is the real deal, not an Internet troll engaged in an elaborate example of live-action role-play.

...But this anxiety also ties into a more amorphous sense among these voters that, though the Republican Party controls Congress and the executive, the country is still rigged against them. Trumpism has always been about insecurity: As a candidate, the president played on the paranoia of Americans who thought the country they knew was being taken away from them — by immigrants, by an overreaching government, by adversaries overseas.

MORE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/08/02/what-makes-qanon-so-scary/?utm_term=.85538566a5aa
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2018, 02:44:16 PM »
^ Ha, I haven't heard anything about that in months. Once again, I'm pretty sure that "conspiracy" is sort of a big in-joke.

Also, why does that article read like the Amazon Washington Post wrote it months ago and then just sat around and waited for some sort of way they could tie it directly to Trump? Molly Robert's Alexa was probably set to alert her the moment news broke of someone at a Trump rally holding a sign with a "Q" on it.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
"Amazon Washington Post"....

Spoken like a true Trump drone. Fully programmable, no batteries required.
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »
^ It's an incredibly important piece of information to repeatedly draw attention to, especially as we're seeing mass media in this country coming under the ownership of fewer and fewer parent companies.  The paper is owned by the same man who owns Amazon - it's not only proper, but necessary to question their reporting in terms of that relationship. If the board of Halliburton owned the paper, forget questioning it - you'd probably dismiss its reporting outright.

As for being a "drone" - you're on your 50,000th post here - the vast majority of which are simply copy-pasted from Twitter, many times without you having even read them (by your own admission). Glass houses and all...

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
^ It's an incredibly important piece of information to repeatedly draw attention to, especially as we're seeing mass media in this country coming under the ownership of fewer and fewer parent companies.  The paper is owned by the same man who owns Amazon - it's not only proper, but necessary to question their reporting in terms of that relationship. If the board of Halliburton owned the paper, forget questioning it - you'd probably dismiss its reporting outright.

As for being a "drone" - you're on your 50,000th post here - the vast majority of which are simply copy-pasted from Twitter, many times without you having even read them (by your own admission). Glass houses and all...

well if every business you own is the same thing then Trump is self dealing like a MFer.  We can call him Mr. Trump Hotel President.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
^ It's an incredibly important piece of information to repeatedly draw attention to, especially as we're seeing mass media in this country coming under the ownership of fewer and fewer parent companies.

I assume you disagree with the Sinclair / Tribune merger then?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »

Does a reporter have to believe what he is reporting or read everything he shares? That's all I'm doing by sharing these news/informed opinions. Most of the political opinions shared on this forum have very little value because they are shared by people who have no special experience with or knowledge or of the matter they are opining over. The tweets I am sharing are from people who do have experience with/knowledge of the matters of which they write. That's why I share their tweets and articles. If you have interest in their teaser sentences, then click on the links I've provided with them. If you don't, then don't. You have the freedom to do so, for now.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Thank God we have a free press to investigate monopolies...

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
Conspiracy theorists are sad and funny...until they act on their theories

Former state GOP leader kills mother’s dog, claims he’s ‘the second coming of Christ,’ police say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/08/03/former-state-gop-leader-kills-mothers-dog-claims-hes-the-second-coming-of-christ-police-say/?utm_term=.32d8bd134103

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »
Conspiracy theorists are sad and funny...until they act on their theories

Former state GOP leader kills mother’s dog, claims he’s ‘the second coming of Christ,’ police say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/08/03/former-state-gop-leader-kills-mothers-dog-claims-hes-the-second-coming-of-christ-police-say/?utm_term=.32d8bd134103

There's a difference between buying into conspiracy theories and being an absolute psycho...

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:54 AM »

There's a difference between buying into conspiracy theories and being an absolute psycho...

Not always.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »
It's Looking Extremely Likely That QAnon Is A Leftist Prank On Trump Supporters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/its-looking-extremely-likely-that-qanon-is-probably-a

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »
Portland’s famed Voodoo Doughnut is at the center of a new far-right conspiracy theory

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/portlands-famed-voodoo-doughnut-center-new-far-right-conspiracy-theory/

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2018, 10:40:57 PM »
"After expressing his “dissatisfaction” with the alleged pedophilia at Shannon’s house, Whelan said he’s since been subject to “constant death threats.” He claims to have gone to the police but had his reports ignored."

Did he really think that the police were going to make a move against the owner of a doughnut shop?

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
Forrest Clark, the man accused of starting the fire in Orange County that has now spread to over 10,000 acres, was an avid believer of crazy conspiracy theories including QAnon, Pizzagate, flat earth, etc. He is a member of a thing called the "Republic of the United States of America" which claims that our current government is invalid and elects their own shadow government. Fascinating Twitter thread here.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
Forrest Clark, the man accused of starting the fire in Orange County that has now spread to over 10,000 acres, was an avid believer of crazy conspiracy theories including QAnon, Pizzagate, flat earth, etc. He is a member of a thing called the "Republic of the United States of America" which claims that our current government is invalid and elects their own shadow government. Fascinating Twitter thread here.

I think it's a strange coincidence that this guys name is Forrest. Also that the Carr fire was caused by a car.

Strange days indeed.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »

I think it's a strange coincidence that this guys name is Forrest. Also that the Carr fire was caused by a car.

Strange days indeed.

The Carr fire was started by George Soros.

Offline David

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »
My mom is heavily into all of these conspiracy theories. Even the really-far-out-there ones. She really does believe them, too, without proof. It's also worth noting though, that she's diagnosed Bipolar and Schizophrenic... I'm starting to wonder if the online conspiracy community and Alex Jones' radio show functions as a support group for those with certain mental illnesses who are in denial about it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:43:52 PM by David »

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »
My mom is heavily into all of these conspiracy theories. Even the really-far-out-there ones. She really does believe them, too, without proof. It's also worth noting though, that she's diagnosed Bipolar and Schizophrenic... I'm starting to wonder if the online conspiracy community functions as a support group for those with certain mental illnesses.

I've heard that the conspiracy/alt-right peddlers specifically target those with depression or other mental health issues.  They usually follow mental health boards.  But maybe this is a conspiracy in itself.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »
There's always going to be a population out there that is very gullible when it comes to stuff like that and unable to determine what's fact and what's fiction, possibly due to mental health issues, and that is exactly why these crazy conspiracy theorists need to be deplatformed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:04:24 PM by taestell »

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2018, 03:01:45 PM »
There's always going to be a population out there that is very gullible when it comes to stuff like that and unable to determine what's fact and what's fiction, possibly due to mental health issues, and that is exactly why these crazy conspiracy theorist need to be deplatformed.

Some prominent American politicians around our Founding believed Thomas Jefferson to be a hermaphrodite.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
There's always going to be a population out there that is very gullible when it comes to stuff like that and unable to determine what's fact and what's fiction, possibly due to mental health issues, and that is exactly why these crazy conspiracy theorists fake news peddlers need to be deplatformed.

Now, really I think calling for anyone to be "deplatformed" is a very dangerous proposition, but I do honestly believe we'll end up there if  liberals continue to spread this belief. As I said elsewhere, censorship always starts with the low hanging fruit. It never ends well.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2018, 12:08:11 PM »
The people yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre deserve to have their free speech rights taken away.