PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: FC Cincinnati Discussion  (Read 8081 times)

Online jwulsin

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
Re: FC Cincinnati Discussion
« Reply #780 on: November 02, 2017, 04:11:12 PM »
A bit more detail on Detroit's decision to use Ford Field as their stadium site for their MLS application:
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20171102/news/643951/plan-for-mls-stadium-scrapped-team-would-play-at-ford-field

Offline Gordon Bombay

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #781 on: November 02, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
From the MLS's perspective, I have to think this puts Detroit near the top of expansion cities.

I thought that too, until I saw MLS' response: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNpvMxDVoAA6mTh.jpg

Specifically, the bottom comment about "prioritizing" soccer-specific stadia.

Even if Ford Field is allowed to be a venue and Detroit is awarded a bid, the scuttlebutt seems to be that they're lining it up for Atlanta-style renovations which provide a more intimate atmosphere and make soccer a priority on par with the football team.

Paul Brown Stadium lacks a lot of those merits.

Not to mention, a TIF district exists in Newport and there's a memorandum of understanding with the developer. If FC Cincinnati's options are playing in Cincinnati (but at PBS) or playing in Newport, but controlling dates, schedule, and revenue completely - I think they'll choose Newport.

Offline troeros

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #782 on: November 02, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »
This will probably kill Detroits bid for this round. Gilbert and company essentially lied about the usage of the prison site. He wanted the prison site, and said it was for an mls sss but when he actually he got the land, he was like sike! That will likely anger mls higher ups alot.

Also in the latest renderings they stole alot of detroit city fc logos and branding. The owners of Detroit City FC are livid about this on there twitter.

Offline cincydave8

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #783 on: November 03, 2017, 06:24:40 AM »
I just wish Portune would see what Detroit just did and realize the idea of playing at PBS is moronic.

Offline thebillshark

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #784 on: November 03, 2017, 07:40:40 AM »
I think having three separate stadiums for three sports teams is an incredibly fragile situation. Focusing On FC and the Bengals in particular:

1. MLS could skyrocket in popularity leaving a ~20k stadium too small and obsolete. This scenario could happen very quickly, perhaps within five years

2. NFL could decline in popularity making PBS a hardly used venue (might take awhile but look at California crowds)

3. NFL could continue rise in popularity and go global causing Bengals to leave town

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #785 on: November 07, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
FC Cincinnati season tickets off to record sales

FC Cincinnati is selling season tickets at a record-breaking rate thatís blowing away team projections.

The team has sold 10,000 season tickets for its 2018 season to date. Thatís double the number of season tickets that were sold at the same time last year.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/11/07/fc-cincinnati-season-tickets-off-to-record-sales.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #786 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
Are you FC Cincy fans absolutely sure you want to be in MLS?

Offline bendixondavis

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #787 on: November 07, 2017, 07:14:55 PM »
Lol I don't want to be anymore after this Crew thing and understanding more of how the league works.

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #788 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »
Lol I don't want to be anymore after this Crew thing and understanding more of how the league works.

Best case scenario would be a successful league operating outside of the strictures of MLS. Cincinnati is a kickass example that this is actually possible.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #789 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
I have split off the discussion about a new stadium into this new thread in the Southwest Ohio Projects & Construction board. This thread will remain in the Sports Talk board and be used to talk about sporting things.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #790 on: Yesterday at 10:15:15 AM »
Someone put together this graphic to show the current roster for 2018. Discussions are still ongoing with defender Austin Berry and goalkeeper Mitch Hildebrandt to my knowledge.

Here are the announcements about the signing of Paddy Barrett, Forrest Lasso, Dekel Keinen, and Daniel Haber.

Also, the news that Harrison Delbridge is leaving FCC to pursue a career with FC Melbourne and perhaps have a shot at making the Australian National Team in time for the 2018 World Cup.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:19:45 AM by ryanlammi »

Offline Robuu

• Premium Member
  • Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #791 on: Yesterday at 10:47:37 AM »
I'd love to keep Hildebrandt, but the dude deserves to play at a higher level.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #792 on: Yesterday at 10:58:12 AM »
He played out of his mind in the US Open Cup, and is generally a good keeper, but he ended 2017 pretty poorly. Not saying it was entirely his fault, because we had some bad passing and poor lapses on defense, but he didn't play well in league play after that Open Cup run. He only had one clean sheet in the last 13 games, and he gave up three or more goals on 6 of those 13 occasions. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight for his position next year.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #793 on: Yesterday at 11:07:48 AM »
Another signing announced: Midfielder Tyler Gibson from the San Francisco Deltas (they won the NASL in 2017).

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #794 on: Yesterday at 05:01:33 PM »
Updated graphic with 3 new signings: Cicerone, Seymore, and Village.

Also, this is a cool video of Cicerone scoring a goal.

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #795 on: Yesterday at 05:26:57 PM »
^ Sorry to see Quinn didn't get resigned.