Author Topic: Terrorism / Mass Shootings  (Read 50244 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Terrorism / Mass Shootings
« Reply #2460 on: August 08, 2018, 06:09:12 PM »
Crazy....

The New Mexico compound story is one of the craziest occurring right now. A Jihadi training camp for kids on US soil led by a man whose father is tied to the 1993 WTC bombing. The man is also suspected of killing his 4 year old son https://t.co/DK6MOnVCpL
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2461 on: August 09, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
^ I'm really surprised this isn't much bigger news. It should be on the front page of everything, but on sites like CNN all I'm seeing above the fold are stories about Nunes and Trump, Melania's parents, Manafort, etc. All Trump news, all the time.

The fact that a radical Islamic terrorist (and likely child-murderer) was running a camp on American soil training children to commit school shootings seems pretty significant to me. ISIS is known to have frequently used children in Iraq and Syria - it's bizarre to see a terror cell like this one prepping to do the same from within the confines of the continental US.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2462 on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:51 PM »
^my guess as to why no one blew the whistle on this camp earlier is that we now all live in fear of being accused by the PC police of "bigotry" and "intolerance" if you suggest anyone who's Muslim is involved in unlawful activity.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #2463 on: August 09, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »
And I think it's because Trump is engaging in Treason against the United States of America and is, along with most of the Republican Party, too busy trying to cover that up to be worried about protecting the homeland from terrorism.  But hey, that's just my take.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2464 on: August 10, 2018, 08:40:16 AM »
^ Interesting take, but I'm curious why New Mexico state authorities ended up spearheading the raid, even after the FBI had flown surveillance over the camp. Is the FBI too busy framing President Trump to devote resources to these sorts of far more important tasks? It does make it tough for a president to protect the nation when so much of the establishment is out to get him.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2465 on: August 10, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »
^ Interesting take, but I'm curious why New Mexico state authorities ended up spearheading the raid, even after the FBI had flown surveillance over the camp. Is the FBI too busy framing President Trump to devote resources to these sorts of far more important tasks? It does make it tough for a president to protect the nation when so much of the establishment is out to get him.

The FBI can focus on multiple things at the same time.  You are arguing that the FBI should not look into anything other than terrorism.  The only thing bogging Trump down is his 6 months he's spent golfing aka grifting tax payers to funnel money to his properties.

Online Sir2geez

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #2466 on: August 10, 2018, 08:48:58 AM »
^my guess as to why no one blew the whistle on this camp earlier is that we now all live in fear of being accused by the PC police of "bigotry" and "intolerance" if you suggest anyone who's Muslim is involved in unlawful activity.

Just got back from Sante Fe/Taos. It's a big story there.  Apparently, the landlord had been trying to evict these guys for months. The FBI has been investigating them for months. The FBI didn't have enough probable cause to enter the compound until last week. They've been on the FBI's radar for the last 4 months.

Offline David

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2467 on: August 10, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »

The FBI can focus on multiple things at the same time.  You are arguing that the FBI should not look into anything other than terrorism.  The only thing bogging Trump down is his 6 months he's spent golfing aka grifting tax payers to funnel money to his properties.

In fact, the FBI has separate divisions and departments under the Attorney General for counter-intelligence and terrorism, criminal investigations, cyber security and lab work.

The FBI also has field offices in 56 major cities including San Juan, and 400 resident agencies in smaller cities whose purpose is to assist local to state authorities. Their function isn't to take over cases that are escalated to them from city, county or state-level law enforcement, rather, it is to assist them with national resources.

I doubt the field office in San Juan gives a hoot about Trump. Although it should be a crime to pronounce "puay-tow-ree-ko" as badly as he does.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:01:57 PM by David »