PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Downtown: Cleveland Athletic Club Redevelopment  (Read 2998 times)

Offline mrclifton88

• Premium Member
  • One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: Cleveland Athletic Club Redevelopment
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Nice article about the progress being made on the CAC Building:

http://www.freshwatercleveland.com/features/CleAthleticClub120717.aspx

Really shows what kind of shape the building was in and why it has taken so long to get to where were at today.  This is going to fill in a very significant patch of Euclid.  Now just waiting on JHB Building and 925 and we've got a complete street!

Offline YABO713

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »

Really shows what kind of shape the building was in and why it has taken so long to get to where were at today.  This is going to fill in a very significant patch of Euclid.  Now just waiting on JHB Building and 925 and we've got a complete street!

I honestly think we say JHB demolished in the next 2-3 years.

Offline freefourur

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »
^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:34 AM »

Very sobering to read that this entire building was one bad winter away from being completely unsavable.

I can not fathom why in this day and age the city couldn't employ a skeleton crew of architects or engineers to make sure that buildings aren't being destroyed by water damage, holes in the roof, etc. In this instance the clogged roof drains resulted in untold millions worth of damage. Crazy!

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
Very informative article.  This whole project reads like a mini Playhouse Square theaters story-historic, saved just in the knick of time and what appears to be a careful renovation by a dedicated group of Clevelanders who care for the city.

I recall I attended my first office Christmas party at the CAC as a law clerk in the early 80s.  I felt like a real grown up.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »
Very informative article.  This whole project reads like a mini Playhouse Square theaters story-historic, saved just in the knick of time and what appears to be a careful renovation by a dedicated group of Clevelanders who care for the city.

I recall I attended my first office Christmas party at the CAC as a law clerk in the early 80s.  I felt like a real grown up.

I thought it must have been heart-wrenching to be a member and seeing the gradual decline of the place. But like a slowly sinking version of the Titanic, I don't think it ever dawned on anyone that the place would end up in such bad condition.

Offline YABO713

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
I dread the day this happens to the Union Club

Offline dar124

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »

I thought it must have been heart-wrenching to be a member and seeing the gradual decline of the place. But like a slowly sinking version of the Titanic, I don't think it ever dawned on anyone that the place would end up in such bad condition.

I was in the CAC once back in the early 2000's.  A friend of a friend was a member and took a few of us there for some drinks between a wedding & reception that we were at downtown.  We were only on one floor and from what I remember it was still in decent condition.

Always thought back to that time when driving down Euclid and seeing the CAC sit there empty all those years.  Glad the building is finally getting some attention!!!

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
^"Cleveland Euclid Hotel Associates, LLC: $2 million toward restoration of the Cleveland Athletic Club complex. The 15 story, 253,000-square-foot building has been vacant since 2008 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The redevelopment ultimately will provide 161 units of 1, 2, and 3-bedroom apartments......"

FINALLY some residential units that are larger than 2brs. You can't keep families Downtown without them--and they're likely to skip the inner neighborhoods for the burbs if they're not provided.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:51:00 PM by Pugu »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »
Financing for long-delayed and tortured #CLE Athletic Club renovation as apartments finally scheduled to close - in late January. https://t.co/6zQTL3pakE
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Mendo

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2017, 11:08:49 PM »
Financing for long-delayed and tortured #CLE Athletic Club renovation as apartments finally scheduled to close - in late January. https://t.co/6zQTL3pakE

Another CLE historic gem about to restore the grandeur of Euclid Ave w/ renovation of The Cleveland Athletic Club Good P3 w/ @portofcleveland @CuyahogaCounty & @CityofCleveland using innovative PILOTs. Future looking model against loss of HTCs
PILOTs?