Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...  (Read 25982 times)

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...
« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/04/03/hannity-blasts-robert-mueller-warns-civil-war-hyperbolic-nonsense/

Hannity:

“This country is headed towards a civil war in terms of two sides that are just hating each other and if Robert Mueller wants, there’s a big red button in the middle of the table,” he exclaimed. “And if Robert Mueller is so pompous and so arrogant and so power hungry and so corrupt that he’s going to hit the red button and he’s going to ignite a battle that we’ve not seen in this country before.”

Hannity continued, “You think it’s, and I’m not talking about a war, I’m talking about, in terms of, there’s going to be two sides of this that are fighting and dividing this country at a level we’ve never seen and you’re going to basically have two sides in America, those that stand for truth and those that literally buy into the corrupt Deep State attacks against a duly elected president and that’s what it’s going to be.”

Sean Hannity is a nut.
Very Stable Genius

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2018, 08:33:25 PM »
“EPA had attempted to allow television camera access to Fox News without informing the other four networks: CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS. Fox alerted the networks and a pool was established allowing networks equal access to the event.”

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/981312019382128640

Good on Fox News. 

Offline Jimmy Skinner

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2018, 08:57:13 PM »
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/04/03/hannity-blasts-robert-mueller-warns-civil-war-hyperbolic-nonsense/
Hannity:
“This country is headed towards a civil war in terms of two sides that are just hating each other and if Robert Mueller wants, there’s a big red button in the middle of the table,” he exclaimed. “And if Robert Mueller is so pompous and so arrogant and so power hungry and so corrupt that he’s going to hit the red button and he’s going to ignite a battle that we’ve not seen in this country before.”

"...a man without bone spurs, who actually faced combat and was decorated for his actions during war will surely wilt under the pressure of criticism from a thumb-shaped radio host."
hahahahahaha

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #633 on: April 04, 2018, 08:35:32 AM »
In case you were wondering if they are state media or not, every media outlet in the world is reporting this morning on the $50 billion in tariffs that China is placing on US goods.   Fox News?  Not a peep. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/04/04/china-raises-tariffs-soybeans-aircraft/484719002/

http://www.foxnews.com

Offline Hootenany

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #634 on: April 04, 2018, 10:28:14 AM »
^I thought you were joking.  You weren't joking...

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #635 on: April 04, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
^I thought you were joking.  You weren't joking...

Not at all. 

On a daily basis my Facebook and Twitter feeds are filled with Trumpie friends saying that CNN isn't reporting XYZ because it doesn't fit their narrative.  Then I post a link to it saying, no here it is right here, on their main web splash page.   Like the YouTube shooting yesterday for instance. 

If you look at any major stories that might be anti-Trump however, Fox News drags its feet on reporting it, if at all. 

That's what you call state media!

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Very Stable Genius

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #637 on: April 10, 2018, 12:14:27 AM »
Breaking News on...
CNN: Cohen raided by FBI
NBC: Cohen raided by FBI
CBS: Cohen raided by FBI
ABC: Cohen raided by FBI
FOX: ...
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #638 on: April 10, 2018, 12:39:16 AM »
Santa Barbara has fond memories of @seanhannity's time here in the 80s.

He got the boot here as a shock jock cuz he and/ or his guests spewed such morsels of enlightenment as… "All gays are AIDS carriers", "Gays eat fecal matter" & "Homosexuals are disgusting people"
#ClassAct https://t.co/OVMuqoEUus
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #639 on: April 10, 2018, 11:52:54 AM »
Very Stable Genius

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #640 on: April 10, 2018, 11:46:27 PM »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #641 on: April 11, 2018, 10:15:34 PM »
This is how state media works. You confer with President and agree on what to say. Then the president instructs his followers to tune in.

@realDonaldTrump
Big show tonight on @seanhannity! 9:00 P.M. on @FoxNews

https://t.co/L61EcuOUmb

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #642 on: April 15, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
LOL! Billy Graham is spinning in his grave so fast right now, we could hook a turbine up to him and power the entire continent. https://t.co/Hq4HMxqcLM

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #643 on: April 15, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »
FoxNews and Diamond and Silk are liars playing the victim card.  Senator Cruz water time with this conspiracy theory.  Conservatives need to toughen up and accept life.  Facebook can't be a safe space for them.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/15/media/diamond-silk-facebook-fox-news/index.html

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #644 on: April 16, 2018, 09:06:42 AM »
FoxNews and Diamond and Silk are liars playing the victim card.  Senator Cruz water time with this conspiracy theory.  Conservatives need to toughen up and accept life.  Facebook can't be a safe space for them.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/15/media/diamond-silk-facebook-fox-news/index.html

Conservatives have become the unabashed masters of playing the victim.  It really riles up their base.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #645 on: April 17, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:18:03 PM by KJP »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »
Sean Hannity is asking for privacy

He wasn't thinking of privacy when he:

1) Attacked Sasha & Malia for Spring Break trip
2) Attacked Michelle Obama over her appearance
3) Helped trump spread a racist birther lie
4) Spread a vicious lie about Seth Rich & DNC
5) Called Obama a Pot head and claim he did cocaine
6) Said Poor People would live longer if they stop drinking sodas
7) Spread conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton's health
8 ) Said Colin Kaepernick was only protesting because he converted to Islam
9) Accused Black Lives Matter of advocating for cop killing
10) Said Gay people were prone to disease because they consume each other’s feces during sex
11) Defended George Zimmerman
12) Defended trump racist attack about Hispanic Judge

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2018, 11:15:15 PM »
Fire Hannity. He shares three lawyers with Trump and disclosed none of those ties, even as we learn he gives counsel to Trump multiple times a week.

Hannity's TV program is now unquestionably state TV and Nielsen should drop it from its measurements. https://t.co/aXpLwpEOJj

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #648 on: April 18, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »
I like to check news stories once in a while and compare coverage between the major outlets. 

A couple days ago it was reported the judge made a final ruling in a $25 million settlement in the Trump University fraud case. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+university+fraud+case&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRtPSf3sTaAhUh_IMKHakRAycQ_AUICigB&biw=1653&bih=879

Now check the Fox News site and look for it:

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=Trump%20University%20Fraud&ss=fn&start=0

Last reported on February 6 and no mention of this settlement.

They are truly state media.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #649 on: May 10, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/387132-fox-military-analyst-says-torture-worked-on-mccain-they-call

Former Fox News military analyst Thomas McInerney on Thursday condemned Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) rebuke of President Trump's CIA director nominee Gina Haspel, saying that torture "worked on" McCain, whom he referred to as "Songbird John."
Very Stable Genius

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #650 on: May 10, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
^I was shaking when I watched that. I meditated for the first time in my life today to calm down before a deposition.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #651 on: May 10, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/387132-fox-military-analyst-says-torture-worked-on-mccain-they-call

Former Fox News military analyst Thomas McInerney on Thursday condemned Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) rebuke of President Trump's CIA director nominee Gina Haspel, saying that torture "worked on" McCain, whom he referred to as "Songbird John."

that's funny, John McCain didn't seem to feel that way about John Brennan

McCain supported Obama’s pick for CIA despite his role in waterboarding

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/10/mccain-supported-obamas-pick-cia-despite-his-role-/

Online audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #652 on: May 10, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
^Nice Russi I mean Right wing whataboutism. A couple major logic flaws in this that i see off the cuff without knowing exactly what Brennan actually did:
1. He did not actually participate in the program as he was “much more senior”
2. He doesn’t espouse waterboarding
  Gina or whatever her name is could not come out and say she wouldn’t do those techniques again. I guarantee that they got Brennan to say he wouldn’t. 
Go ahead believing the faulty logic of rw “press” if it makes you feel better.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #653 on: May 10, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »
Jeez, EVD, can't you just express a bit of anger as each incident of classlessness and inhumanity is displayed? So you cannot chastise McInerney for his mistakes because McCain made one too?

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #654 on: May 11, 2018, 12:59:02 AM »
From conservative author Tom Nichols, starting at: https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/994720335298793472?s=19

I had a convo recently with someone whose father is completely addicted to Fox. I think it provides old people with a vessel for expressing rage about the world changing in ways they can't control, and puts names on what would otherwise be "just the way the world is." /1

It strikes me, whenever I watch Fox, that nothing just happens in the world. There is always someone to blame. Old people love this, I think, and I know from writing my book that ignorant people *definitely* love it because it makes the world seem less random and scary. /2

It also enhances drama. Whenever I watch Fox - which I do as a kind of obligation from time to time - I am struck by how dull the rest of the news seems by comparison, even the most dramatic BREAKING! stories. /3

That sense of drama really plays to narcissism and wounded ego. "This is all about YOU. Everything bad is happening because YOU are a victim, and others are hurting YOU." It's a relentless self-pity machine for drama queens. /4

It's tough to be old. I've watched my father and my relatives pass on. I get it. But constant rage isn't going to help anyone live longer. And from 7pm to mid-afternoon the next day, every day, Fox is pure, stupid, unvarnished rage for the old and the ignorant. /5x

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #655 on: May 11, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »
^He engaged with another twitter user raising counterpoints and their dialogue was terrific.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #656 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:58 AM »
I don't know why people still think Fox does anything differently than any of the other 24/7 news channels. I was in a bar yesterday that had CNN on one of the TVs (for a bit, before switching to Con Air - a move I tipped well for) and CNN spent almost an hour still talking about Stormy McDaniels as it was some major, breaking story. These channels all provide the same service, they just target different demographics.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #657 on: May 11, 2018, 10:25:03 AM »
I don't know why people still think Fox does anything differently than any of the other 24/7 news channels. I was in a bar yesterday that had CNN on one of the TVs (for a bit, before switching to Con Air - a move I tipped well for) and CNN spent almost an hour still talking about Stormy McDaniels as it was some major, breaking story. These channels all provide the same service, they just target different demographics.

No, @Ram23 ... CNN may well be biased, and MSNBC is too liberal to be worth my time... but neither of the aforementioned prey on people's fears as a means of retaining viewership. Fox's entire model is to project blame on others and rally the people around a source of fear or anger.

There is a HUGE different between having political biases and promoting fear-based propaganda to a viewer base that typically isn't well educated and vulnerable to manipulation.

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #658 on: May 11, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »

No, @Ram23 ... CNN may well be biased, and MSNBC is too liberal to be worth my time... but neither of the aforementioned prey on people's fears as a means of retaining viewership. Fox's entire model is to project blame on others and rally the people around a source of fear or anger.

There is a HUGE different between having political biases and promoting fear-based propaganda to a viewer base that typically isn't well educated and vulnerable to manipulation.

The other difference is CNN viewers don't try to get an on-air personality fired for presenting an opposing viewpoint.   I'm surprised Sheppard Smith is still on over at Fox News.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #659 on: May 11, 2018, 10:39:05 AM »

The other difference is CNN viewers don't try to get an on-air personality fired for presenting an opposing viewpoint.   I'm surprised Sheppard Smith is still on over at Fox News.

It's funny too because Fox riles people up about censorship at colleges and people being afraid of an opposing viewpoint.