PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...  (Read 8347 times)

Offline MGM

• One SeaGate 411'
  • BANNED
Re: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »
Yes, it is good that Fox bothers me. I have a functioning moral compass.

Sorry to see you resorting to a perversion of a good religion. My advice would be to stay away from that discussion here.
I would never follow you advice.  Thank GOD!

Offline David

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2018, 01:56:42 AM »
Come on guys, remember, this is 'UrbanOhio' For Christ's sake. We were all brought here together by the same nerdy passion, love and curiosity for our state's urban areas. We're all going to have differences and that's okay, but there's no need to get nasty. Chill out. At the end of the day, you guys (and all of us, for that matter) have more in common than opinions or ideology you might differ in. Don't be petty.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »
What's truly ironic is that he would love to hear from where my wife emigrated. But there's no reason to ruin his misconceptions about me. They will remain a source of personal enjoyment.
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
The only good guy at Fox....

Fox News Shep Smith has been giving the Republicans hell lately exposing their lies and misinformation. In this recent report, he nails Rep. Devin Nunes & the Right Wing for attempting to release a misleading memo to help the president by maligning the FBI.
https://egbertowillies.com/2018/01/25/fox-news-exposes-gop-memo-sham/
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »
Hannity tonight (and every night)

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #575 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #576 on: February 08, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
Brian Kilmeade stuns "Fox and Friends" co-hosts: Trump's military parade "seems like a waste of money"
https://t.co/hShLJwpt1O

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
Remember when O’Reilly used to use his platform at Fox to call a Kansas doctor “George Tiller the baby killer” and then someone murdered Tiller? https://t.co/ocbFTMT6rO

Offline freefourur

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
Hannity has lost his mind.

Obama's portrait - a stark contrast to predecessors with inappropriate sexual innuendo

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/963466609473081345

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »
^ Whether or not that is a certain bodily fluid depicted upon our former president is open to debate, IMO. This is art, after all, no discussions are off limits.

That said, while I always appreciate art that breaks from the norm and demands conversation, this piece is worthy of quite a bit of criticism. Obama is depicted sitting in a very awkward manner at the edge of the chair. His posture and position in the chair could almost be interpreted as a subtle microcosm of his entire presidency - he seems uncomfortable and unsure, and it looks like he probably shouldn't have ever been there in the first place. Obama and the chair also seem to be floating in front of a detached backdrop - there's no real relationship depicted. I don't know quite what to make of that yet.

Offline bumsquare

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #580 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »
^ Whether or not that is a certain bodily fluid depicted upon our former president is open to debate, IMO. This is art, after all, no discussions are off limits.

That said, while I always appreciate art that breaks from the norm and demands conversation, this piece is worthy of quite a bit of criticism. Obama is depicted sitting in a very awkward manner at the edge of the chair. His posture and position in the chair could almost be interpreted as a subtle microcosm of his entire presidency - he seems uncomfortable and unsure, and it looks like he probably shouldn't have ever been there in the first place. Obama and the chair also seem to be floating in front of a detached backdrop - there's no real relationship depicted. I don't know quite what to make of that yet.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #581 on: February 13, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »

What the **** are you smoking?

This is still in "Current Events" and last I checked, trolling was strictly prohibited.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #582 on: February 13, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »

a very thoughtful critique

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2018, 03:09:50 PM »
What the **** are you smoking?

This is still in "Current Events" and last I checked, trolling was strictly prohibited.

My critique was (mostly) tongue in cheek, apologies if it upset you. Honestly, this painting is doing exactly what contemporary art should do - it's eliciting all sorts of wild responses. It's 2018, if thousands of people don't completely hate your art, it's not art.

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
Here's what Ram sees.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #585 on: February 13, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
^ I liked this one:

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
^this is interesting. Here the cartoonist appears to be referencing Kehinde Wiley's portrait re-envisioning the Biblical story of Judith beheading Holofernes (of which there is an example at the Metropolitan Museum by Lucas Cranach the Elder from 1530), only using a black woman beheading a white woman. hmmm...

Obama Portrait Painter Once Painted Piece Depicting A Black Woman Beheading A White Woman

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/12/wiley-painted-beheaded-white-woman/

"Kehinde Wiley, the painter of Obama’s portrait for the National Portrait Gallery, reimagined the story of Judith beheading Holofernes from the deuterocanonical Book of Judith as a black woman beheading a white woman years ago."

“It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” Wiley told New York Magazine previously."

Offline westerninterloper

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #587 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:21 PM »
Wiley made at least two paintings like that. Didn't you all come up to Toledo for his exhibit last year?

http://www.toledomuseum.org/2016/11/15/kehinde-wiley-toledo-museum-feb-10/

Offline ck

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #588 on: February 16, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »
The headline on Fox's main site: Indictment says Russians sowed discord with staging of anti-Trump rallies

I believe 1 out of 50+ instances cited was an anti-trump rally the same day as another staged pro-trump rally.  No other instance of anti-trump.  Why would Fox choose to completely distort the indictment?

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
I wonder if Hannity will be arrested at the same time as Trump jr.

Offline westerninterloper

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
The headline on Fox's main site: Indictment says Russians sowed discord with staging of anti-Trump rallies

I believe 1 out of 50+ instances cited was an anti-trump rally the same day as another staged pro-trump rally.  No other instance of anti-trump.  Why would Fox choose to completely distort the indictment?

Because it's a propaganda organization.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #591 on: Yesterday at 11:52:26 PM »
What if it's worse than that?

I've been saying that #FoxNewsIsAKremlinOperation for quite a while now. Still, seeing RT tweeting out FOX, who is in turn broadcasting White House propaganda like this is a little chilling. https://twitter.com/tburages/status/965296013316587521