PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...  (Read 16799 times)

Offline MGM

• One SeaGate 411'
  • BANNED
Re: Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »
Yes, it is good that Fox bothers me. I have a functioning moral compass.

Sorry to see you resorting to a perversion of a good religion. My advice would be to stay away from that discussion here.
I would never follow you advice.  Thank GOD!

Offline David

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • BANNED
« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2018, 01:56:42 AM »
Come on guys, remember, this is 'UrbanOhio' For Christ's sake. We were all brought here together by the same nerdy passion, love and curiosity for our state's urban areas. We're all going to have differences and that's okay, but there's no need to get nasty. Chill out. At the end of the day, you guys (and all of us, for that matter) have more in common than opinions or ideology you might differ in. Don't be petty.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »
What's truly ironic is that he would love to hear from where my wife emigrated. But there's no reason to ruin his misconceptions about me. They will remain a source of personal enjoyment.
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
The only good guy at Fox....

Fox News Shep Smith has been giving the Republicans hell lately exposing their lies and misinformation. In this recent report, he nails Rep. Devin Nunes & the Right Wing for attempting to release a misleading memo to help the president by maligning the FBI.
https://egbertowillies.com/2018/01/25/fox-news-exposes-gop-memo-sham/
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »
Hannity tonight (and every night)

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #575 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #576 on: February 08, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
Brian Kilmeade stuns "Fox and Friends" co-hosts: Trump's military parade "seems like a waste of money"
https://t.co/hShLJwpt1O

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
Remember when O’Reilly used to use his platform at Fox to call a Kansas doctor “George Tiller the baby killer” and then someone murdered Tiller? https://t.co/ocbFTMT6rO

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
Hannity has lost his mind.

Obama's portrait - a stark contrast to predecessors with inappropriate sexual innuendo

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/963466609473081345

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »
^ Whether or not that is a certain bodily fluid depicted upon our former president is open to debate, IMO. This is art, after all, no discussions are off limits.

That said, while I always appreciate art that breaks from the norm and demands conversation, this piece is worthy of quite a bit of criticism. Obama is depicted sitting in a very awkward manner at the edge of the chair. His posture and position in the chair could almost be interpreted as a subtle microcosm of his entire presidency - he seems uncomfortable and unsure, and it looks like he probably shouldn't have ever been there in the first place. Obama and the chair also seem to be floating in front of a detached backdrop - there's no real relationship depicted. I don't know quite what to make of that yet.

Online bumsquare

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #580 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »
^ Whether or not that is a certain bodily fluid depicted upon our former president is open to debate, IMO. This is art, after all, no discussions are off limits.

That said, while I always appreciate art that breaks from the norm and demands conversation, this piece is worthy of quite a bit of criticism. Obama is depicted sitting in a very awkward manner at the edge of the chair. His posture and position in the chair could almost be interpreted as a subtle microcosm of his entire presidency - he seems uncomfortable and unsure, and it looks like he probably shouldn't have ever been there in the first place. Obama and the chair also seem to be floating in front of a detached backdrop - there's no real relationship depicted. I don't know quite what to make of that yet.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #581 on: February 13, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »

What the **** are you smoking?

This is still in "Current Events" and last I checked, trolling was strictly prohibited.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #582 on: February 13, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »

a very thoughtful critique

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2018, 03:09:50 PM »
What the **** are you smoking?

This is still in "Current Events" and last I checked, trolling was strictly prohibited.

My critique was (mostly) tongue in cheek, apologies if it upset you. Honestly, this painting is doing exactly what contemporary art should do - it's eliciting all sorts of wild responses. It's 2018, if thousands of people don't completely hate your art, it's not art.

Online Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
Here's what Ram sees.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #585 on: February 13, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
^ I liked this one:

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
^this is interesting. Here the cartoonist appears to be referencing Kehinde Wiley's portrait re-envisioning the Biblical story of Judith beheading Holofernes (of which there is an example at the Metropolitan Museum by Lucas Cranach the Elder from 1530), only using a black woman beheading a white woman. hmmm...

Obama Portrait Painter Once Painted Piece Depicting A Black Woman Beheading A White Woman

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/12/wiley-painted-beheaded-white-woman/

"Kehinde Wiley, the painter of Obama’s portrait for the National Portrait Gallery, reimagined the story of Judith beheading Holofernes from the deuterocanonical Book of Judith as a black woman beheading a white woman years ago."

“It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” Wiley told New York Magazine previously."

Offline westerninterloper

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #587 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:21 PM »
Wiley made at least two paintings like that. Didn't you all come up to Toledo for his exhibit last year?

http://www.toledomuseum.org/2016/11/15/kehinde-wiley-toledo-museum-feb-10/

Offline ck

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #588 on: February 16, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »
The headline on Fox's main site: Indictment says Russians sowed discord with staging of anti-Trump rallies

I believe 1 out of 50+ instances cited was an anti-trump rally the same day as another staged pro-trump rally.  No other instance of anti-trump.  Why would Fox choose to completely distort the indictment?

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
I wonder if Hannity will be arrested at the same time as Trump jr.

Offline westerninterloper

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
The headline on Fox's main site: Indictment says Russians sowed discord with staging of anti-Trump rallies

I believe 1 out of 50+ instances cited was an anti-trump rally the same day as another staged pro-trump rally.  No other instance of anti-trump.  Why would Fox choose to completely distort the indictment?

Because it's a propaganda organization.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #591 on: February 18, 2018, 11:52:26 PM »
What if it's worse than that?

I've been saying that #FoxNewsIsAKremlinOperation for quite a while now. Still, seeing RT tweeting out FOX, who is in turn broadcasting White House propaganda like this is a little chilling. https://twitter.com/tburages/status/965296013316587521

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #592 on: February 19, 2018, 02:03:06 PM »
From Kurt Eichenwald
@kurteichenwald
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/965623702288306176

FoxNews viewers are tweeting rage-filled insults (attached to a Fox tweet) at the kids who survived the Florida slaughter for saying change is needed.

This shows how easily propaganda subsumes humanity. Kids who saw their dead friends, in Fox world, are supposed to shut up and not say anything critical about the adults who have allowed this nightmare to grow and grow and grow, hearing actual adults saying the answer is the wear bullet proof vests to school.

And the same Fox viewers rage that they say mean things about the President which goes to show why these kinds of people are unreachable through reason or discussion. The same ones who called Obama the anti-Christ, etc etc now find it outrageous that anyone would say anything critical of the President.

A segment of this country is so consumed by rage that it has destroyed their humanity and their reason. @FoxNews feeds it, day after day, just to make money. The people on Fox KNOW they are lying (except @seanhannity) There was a time when @TuckerCarlson was a brilliant magazine writer whose articles, while written from the conservative position, were informative and well argued. I learned things from them, didn't agree with all of it, but was persuaded by certain things. Now, he has chosen to wreck America for money.

FoxNews commentators are modern day Tokyo Roses who have bred hate, confusion, misery, rage. Fox has caused more damage to America - NOT by presenting the conservative view, but by purposely presenting delusions, lies, and fantasies to feed rage, which science shows creates an almost addictive result for consumers, and as a result, have destroyed the humanity and reason of its viewers, leading them to actually think attacking teenagers whose friends have been murdered for trying to stop other killings is somehow acceptable.

If you want to read what the @FoxNews viewers are saying in attacking the teenagers who survived, here is a story about it:

‘How much are they being paid?’ Fox News fans trash teen Parkland survivors who demand stronger gun laws
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/much-paid-fox-news-fans-trash-teen-parkland-survivors-demand-stronger-gun-laws/

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #593 on: February 19, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »
^Reading the FoxNews comment section to Lindsey Vonn was despicable. Again, these people would rather root against America than see a victory in ANYTHING for someone that opposes the President.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #594 on: February 19, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
^Reading the FoxNews comment section to Lindsey Vonn was despicable. Again, these people would rather root against America than see a victory in ANYTHING for someone that opposes the President.

And that's why I believe hyper-partisanship could lead to a civil war. Perhaps it's already begun. We now have three basic nationalities in the USA -- Republicans, Democrats and Americans.

Online OldBearcat

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »

Is this the source of their ire?:

CNN: “You’ve previously competed at three Olympic Games, under two presidents. How would it feel competing at an Olympic Games for a United States whose president is Donald Trump?”

Vonn: “Well, I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president.... I take the Olympics very seriously, and what they mean and what they represent. What walking under our flag means at the opening ceremony. I want to represent our country well. I don’t think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that.”

Vonn was later asked if she would visit the White House with other Olympians and said, “Absolutely not. No.”
Formerly "Mr Sparkle"

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
And that's why I believe hyper-partisanship could lead to a civil war. Perhaps it's already begun. We now have three basic nationalities in the USA -- Republicans, Democrats and Americans.

Right on the money, Ken.  I'm more worried about the future now than I ever have been.

Online DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/19/587097707/laura-ingraham-told-lebron-james-to-shutup-and-dribble-he-went-to-the-hoop

Laura Ingraham took time out of her show last week to blast LeBron for expressing a political opinion ON HIS OWN DAMN NETWORK/WEBSITE.

She told him to, "Shut up and dribble."

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »
^I thought it was leftists that want to shut down opposing opinions...

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/19/587097707/laura-ingraham-told-lebron-james-to-shutup-and-dribble-he-went-to-the-hoop

Laura Ingraham took time out of her show last week to blast LeBron for expressing a political opinion ON HIS OWN DAMN NETWORK/WEBSITE.

She told him to, "Shut up and dribble."

She's just incensed because he has more of a voice and is a better role model than she is.