PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Columbus: Short North Developments and News  (Read 32316 times)

Offline wpcc88

• Kettering Tower 408'
Re: Columbus: Short North Developments and News
« Reply #1290 on: April 16, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
^Isn't it a 4 story building now? I would think that's too short for a tower crane.

I still wouldn't be shocked if they use one mainly because of how tight and expansive the site is at the same time.  The layout is actually similar to the High & Lane development and that got one.

Offline cbussoccer

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #1291 on: April 16, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
^ I thought it was going to be six stories back off High Street a bit.

Offline mbeaumont76

• Excavation Site
« Reply #1292 on: April 16, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
Grandview Merc started coming down today.

Offline mbeaumont76

• Excavation Site
« Reply #1293 on: April 16, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »
^ I thought it was going to be six stories back off High Street a bit.
The High St. building is four-story and the office building just off High is six.

Offline Toddguy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1294 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
A little add-on to show those skeptical folks that we have a ton of growth going on in our city  ;)

I was looking at that great pic and wondering just how all the new stuff would fit in.
Now get a little more creative and have a color or something for (should be filled in) parking lots, like the ones along and just off High in the Short North! ;)

It has gotten to where seeing a surface lot near High is disturbing to me lol.

*also you might squeeze in the 8 story building on Long, and the new convention center parking garage behind that hotel. And that does not even show the stuff that can't be shown like some of the Riversouth stuff and the 15 floor building to go up by the Holiday Inn. Lots to watch go up!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:26:46 PM by Toddguy »

Offline jebleprls22

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1295 on: April 17, 2018, 12:23:35 PM »
The UDF building has certainly been setting a great pace. Puts most others to shame.

Offline Pablo

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1296 on: April 18, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
Four Short North Developments Opening this Summer
https://www.columbusunderground.com/four-short-north-developments-opening-this-summer-bw1

Hubbard Park Place...With upscale finishes and amenities, the apartments are aimed squarely at the top of the market; a two-bedroom, 1,464-square-foot unit is priced at $4,450 a month
  ???

Offline wpcc88

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1297 on: April 18, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »
https://www.columbusunderground.com/four-short-north-developments-opening-this-summer-bw1

Hubbard Park Place...With upscale finishes and amenities, the apartments are aimed squarely at the top of the market; a two-bedroom, 1,464-square-foot unit is priced at $4,450 a month
  ???

Has GOT to be a typo because at that price, good luck!  That's almost double what the mortgage would be on a new build at the Jeffrey and 1,000 less sqft.

Online aderwent

« Reply #1298 on: April 18, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »

???

Has GOT to be a typo because at that price, good luck!  That's almost double what the mortgage would be on a new build at the Jeffrey and 1,000 less sqft.

Their website says $3,300 I think. Was looking at it the other day. And they had a cheaper option I thought.

*Edit. They do have a two bedroom for $4,450. Not sure why it's so much more than the $3,300 two bedroom.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:43:46 PM by aderwent »

Offline Chris DoorDashian

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #1299 on: April 18, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
Latest Design for Bollinger Tower Hotel Approved

The Italian Village Commission approved the latest design for the renovation of Bollinger Tower last night, clearing the way for the 11-story building to be converted into a hotel with a two-story addition in front.

The project has been through numerous iterations since the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority first agreed to sell the building, located at 750 N. High St., in early 2016. Residents were offered vouchers to move to affordable housing elsewhere, and by mid-2017 all of the nearly one hundred former residents had moved out of the building.

More below:
https://www.columbusunderground.com/latest-design-for-bollinger-tower-hotel-approved-bw1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline wpcc88

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1300 on: April 18, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »

???

Their website says $3,300 I think. Was looking at it the other day. And they had a cheaper option I thought.

*Edit. They do have a two bedroom for $4,450. Not sure why it's so much more than the $3,300 two bedroom.

I had to see for myself and my guess would be penthouse and that those are VERY limited like maybe 2-4 units in total.

Offline wpcc88

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1301 on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »
Latest Design for Bollinger Tower Hotel Approved

The Italian Village Commission approved the latest design for the renovation of Bollinger Tower last night, clearing the way for the 11-story building to be converted into a hotel with a two-story addition in front.

The project has been through numerous iterations since the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority first agreed to sell the building, located at 750 N. High St., in early 2016. Residents were offered vouchers to move to affordable housing elsewhere, and by mid-2017 all of the nearly one hundred former residents had moved out of the building.

More below:
https://www.columbusunderground.com/latest-design-for-bollinger-tower-hotel-approved-bw1

About time!!

Offline Gnoraa

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #1302 on: April 18, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »
So I know they are going to be doing a 2nd floor restaurant/bar which is clear from the renderings however the new overall rendering shows all this glass on the top of the building, that currently does not exist in any form, which would almost suggest adding a floor and by my count I'm seeing 12 floors on this view, and could be a true roof top location for a restaurant/bar.  Anyone else know anything about this possibility based on this pic?

Offline ink

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1303 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »
Wow...pleasantly surprised Bollinger was approved without a pedestrian plaza. It will be nice to have a street wall along High once this is completed.

Offline wpcc88

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1304 on: April 18, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
So I know they are going to be doing a 2nd floor restaurant/bar which is clear from the renderings however the new overall rendering shows all this glass on the top of the building, that currently does not exist in any form, which would almost suggest adding a floor and by my count I'm seeing 12 floors on this view, and could be a true roof top location for a restaurant/bar.  Anyone else know anything about this possibility based on this pic?

I don't think you're far off, more than likely a restaurant or event space.

Offline Pablo

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1305 on: Yesterday at 08:52:22 AM »

I don't think you're far off, more than likely a restaurant or event space.
A rooftop bar was proposed on top of the 12 story tower. In March the IV Commission was concerned about that bar. Maybe that program item has changed? They were OK with the rooftop spaces on the new, lower addition. https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2018/03/21/italian-village-commission-sees-updated-plans-for.html

Online casey

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #1306 on: Yesterday at 01:18:05 PM »
Parkside on Pearl is back with a revised design, and with increased density - 65 units up from the previously proposed 47

I actually like this design better (minus the IMHO unnecessary building signage), and the new renderings also show how it relates to the neighboring Moxy Hotel/office project under construction on the Haiku site,

https://www.columbusunderground.com/parkside-on-pearl-proposal-brought-back-to-italian-village-commission-bw1

Online aderwent

« Reply #1307 on: Yesterday at 01:32:21 PM »
Those are really nice renderings. I agree that this is a great improvement over the previously approved design. I like the signage though. Wish they'd have actual balconies facing the park though. They seem to be Highpoint (gasp!) type "balconies".

*Edit. Also, according to the Short North Design Guidelines map, this is in the Short North.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:35:04 PM by aderwent »

Offline Toddguy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1308 on: Yesterday at 01:57:01 PM »
The street frontage part where the green space was does seem to connect the building to the street and makes it less of a "Lane Avenue high rise" type of a look. And the rooftop space on the 12th floor would be an great thing. The views! :)

*re: the rooftop space...DO IT! If some drunk does happen to tumble over the side it will be their own stupid fault!

Offline Toddguy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1309 on: Yesterday at 02:00:04 PM »
An improvement and will go very well both with the Moxy and the Hub. Love the rooftop space and the higher density/smaller unit/hopefully a bit smaller price units. That it was delayed so long was a blessing in disguise.

Online GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #1310 on: Yesterday at 02:14:21 PM »
They can't sue you if they're drunk!

Offline Toddguy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #1311 on: Yesterday at 03:33:03 PM »
They can't sue you if they're drunk!

Well if they fall off of a balcony on the 12 story, they won't be able to sue you because they are dead. But those pesky relatives are a different story(no pun intended).