Author Topic: Cleveland: Flats East Bank  (Read 114407 times)

Offline Mov2Ohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Flats East Bank
« Reply #6600 on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
Does a theater have to be a mostly-windowless box? I'll assume the practical answer is yes.

You could wrap the windowless box of the theater, with restaurant/bar/ticket areas and other retail similar to how some parking garages are wrapped with retail to hide the ugliness. So yes it's possible. Think about the theaters at Tower city. You can't even see them from the exterior of the complex and the main entrance is buffered from the exterior by the beginning of the walkway to Gateway and all its windows.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Flats East Bank
« Reply #6601 on: August 10, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
Does a theater have to be a mostly-windowless box? I'll assume the practical answer is yes.

You could wrap the windowless box of the theater, with restaurant/bar/ticket areas and other retail similar to how some parking garages are wrapped with retail to hide the ugliness. So yes it's possible. Think about the theaters at Tower city. You can't even see them from the exterior of the complex and the main entrance is buffered from the exterior by the beginning of the walkway to Gateway and all its windows.

I think our waterfront district deserves this.