PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Flats East Bank  (Read 24848 times)

Offline Mov2Ohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Flats East Bank
« Reply #6390 on: October 01, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
I think the city needs to reel back these hard restrictions on these parking meters on the weekend. Visitors getting their car towed can only happen so much before they move on. I don't buy the "it blocks emergency vehicles" reason. It's too coincidental that the restriction is only in the areas that have lots. I know I'm beating a dead horse but it worries me.

That's fine until there's an emergency and the emergency vehicles can't make it through.

Why can't the people getting towed pay attention to the signs warning them that they will be towed?

Offline Groyd

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #6391 on: October 01, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »
Is the midrise on the back right side of the rendering part of this phase?

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #6392 on: October 01, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
^that is already built.  It is the rear of the current apartment building.

Online CbusTransit

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #6393 on: November 13, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »
Fairmount properties pulled a building permit on November 8 for “new construction” at 1109 Old River Road. Don’t know what that means. It’s only for an 11,000 square foot building.

Online mack34

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #6394 on: November 13, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
^ perhaps the Rascal Flats restaurant is finally starting??

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #6395 on: November 21, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »
Good Night John Boy, a '70s-themed restaurant-bar, coming to the Flats
Updated 2:05 PM; Posted 2:07 PM
By Nikki Delamotte

CLEVELAND, Ohio - A new restaurant and bar will turn back the clock in the East Bank of the Flats. The local burger chain Flip Side closed its Flats location this week as the space prepares for renovations to transform into the '70s-themed Good Night John Boy. It's slated to open in early spring at 1050 West 10th St.

John Boy will be helmed by FWD Hospitality Group, who are responsible for the Flats' Magnolia speakeasy and the seasonal FWD Day + Nightclub pool party concept. It looks to be a casual, laid-back neighborhood bar during the week and anchored by lively "Old School" parties on the weekend.

Chef Shawn Monday of Flip Side will stay on to craft what they describe as "good old home cooking." He'll be serving up breakfast and lunch along with late night dishes meant to invoke a diner feel.

MORE:
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/good_night_john_boy_a_70s-them.html
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Online mack34

« Reply #6396 on: November 21, 2017, 08:59:43 PM »
^ I wish them luck....but that is a horrible spot for a restaurant.  I'm surprised Flip Side lasted as long as it did

Offline freefourur

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #6397 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
damn, Flip Side closed already?

Offline flee2thecleve14

« Reply #6398 on: November 22, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
Sad to see a more affordable dining option go by the wayside but at least they have a concept to replace it. FlipSide would have done better had it been located closer to more of the residential population of downtown in my opinion. Also, during a 2016 NBA Finals game, they had a decent crowd but closed up at halftime which was really puzzling...

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #6399 on: November 22, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »
Sad to see a more affordable dining option go by the wayside but at least they have a concept to replace it. FlipSide would have done better had it been located closer to more of the residential population of downtown in my opinion. Also, during a 2016 NBA Finals game, they had a decent crowd but closed up at halftime which was really puzzling...

Their building just isn't really inviting. I feel that business would have been much better if their setup was more like Coastal, and not like some 80's restaurant chain.

Offline yanni_gogolak

• Global Moderator
  • Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #6400 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
It wasn't that affordable really. It was about $12 for a burger with no side. So I got a side of fries which was about $5-6 and was probably fine for two people, but I was by myself and there were no other options. I was actually there about 3 weeks ago on Saturday for lunch. There was one family table and a table of guys that looked like they just got done with Football.

Online X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #6401 on: November 22, 2017, 04:02:59 PM »
Before we go any farther, this is not the place for restaurant reviews.  Keep it relevant to East Bank Development news, please.