PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cincinnati: Restaurant News & Info  (Read 29058 times)

Offline bfwissel

• Key Tower 947'
Re: Cincinnati: Restaurant News & Info
« Reply #4770 on: February 07, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »
Furthermore, Lachey's noted they weren't getting enough of a lunch crowd.  I had no idea they had lunch *shrug*.
"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffett

Offline Cincy513

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #4771 on: February 07, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
They should never have been open for lunch on weekdays.  Just not enough businesses are up there to support that. 

Offline cincydave8

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #4772 on: February 07, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
I work on Central Parkway and there are just so many better options than Lachey's for lunch within walking distance. The Nation, for one, is almost always packed for lunch.

Offline Jimmy Skinner

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #4773 on: February 07, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
I live and work nearby, and frankly never new Lachey's even served food.  I thought it was just a bar, and it always seems busy on nights and weekends.  I never went, because it is just not my kind of crowd.

Offline IAGuy39

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #4774 on: February 07, 2018, 09:13:39 AM »
Oh well, it seems a lot of businesses come and go and nothing is immune to a business model that isn't ideal.  It seems especially with really large spaces that they run into trouble.

I think for OTR they need to concentrate on adding more offices which it seems they are doing to up the daytime crowd.  I know they just opened that large marketing office but they need to add much more because the daytime crowd in OTR is pretty dead while the opposite in downtown, then it flips around the other way during the evening.

Offline wjh2

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #4775 on: February 07, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Oh well, it seems a lot of businesses come and go and nothing is immune to a business model that isn't ideal.  It seems especially with really large spaces that they run into trouble.

I think for OTR they need to concentrate on adding more offices which it seems they are doing to up the daytime crowd.  I know they just opened that large marketing office but they need to add much more because the daytime crowd in OTR is pretty dead while the opposite in downtown, then it flips around the other way during the evening.

Agreed. I am hoping that the 15/Vine and Streitman Building (12/Central) get filled quickly...and not from poaching office users downtown but adding from outside the core/region.

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4776 on: February 07, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »
Fond Deli, Summuh Hummus owner leases Oakley Square space for new concept

The owner of Fond Deli in Montgomery and Summuh Artisan Hummus leased space in Oakley Square for a new concept.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/07/exclusivefond-deli-summuh-hummus-owner-leases.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4777 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »
Greater Cincinnati burger bar expanding

A Greater Cincinnati burger restaurant that has been featured on the Food Network is expanding its footprint with future plans to expand its kitchen.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/08/greater-cincinnati-burger-bar-expanding.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4779 on: February 14, 2018, 12:46:17 AM »
Pendleton cafe opening second Cincinnati location

A Pendleton cafe that started out as a blue espresso Vespa in Findlay Market is opening a second Cincinnati location.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/13/pendleton-cafe-opening-second-cincinnati-location.html

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4780 on: February 14, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »
Dayton pizza chain to open its fifth Greater Cincinnati location

A three-year-old Dayton pizza chain will open its fifth restaurant in Greater Cincinnati and its 23rd overall.

Rapid Fired Pizza will open a store at 6775 Dixie Highway in Fairfield on Feb. 15. The restaurant is more than 2,200 square feet and seats more than 65 people. To celebrate its opening, the Fairfield location will give away free pizzas to the first 500 customers.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/14/dayton-pizza-chain-to-open-its-fifth-greater.html

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4781 on: February 14, 2018, 01:55:38 PM »
Springdale restaurant to close, reopen in Butler County

A Springdale restaurant announced this week that it will close at the end of the month and reopen with a new location in Butler County later this year.

Rib City Grill, located at 12183 Springfield Pike, will close its doors Feb. 28, according to a post on its Facebook page.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/14/springdale-restaurant-to-close-reopen-in-butler.html

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4782 on: February 15, 2018, 11:42:11 PM »
Goodfella's partner opening bar, eatery in Covington

The man who helped Goodfella's Pizzeria open up its complementary Wiseguy Lounge cocktail bar is striking out on his own to open a new eatery in Covington.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/15/goodfellas-partner-opening-bar-eatery-in-covington.html

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #4783 on: February 17, 2018, 12:35:40 AM »
Court Street Lobster Bar owner opening new concept downtown

The owner of the Court Street Lobster Bar in downtown Cincinnati is opening up a new concept right next door to his original restaurant.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/02/16/exclusive-court-street-lobster-bar-owner-opening.html