PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cincinnati: Random Development News & Info  (Read 9608 times)

The_Cincinnati_Kid, Wally and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BigDipper 80

• Rhodes Tower 629'
Re: Cincinnati: Random Development News & Info
« Reply #3150 on: November 22, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else but the Fifth Third building changed the logo on the top of the building and I think it looks a lot worse with the white "cap" than it did with the black.

Online savadams13

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #3151 on: November 22, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else but the Fifth Third building changed the logo on the top of the building and I think it looks a lot worse with the white "cap" than it did with the black.

Yeah there was an article in the Business courier awhile back. The white background band will allow 5/3 to do different color light bands in the evenings. During the day its just going to look bad with white background and blue text.

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #3152 on: November 27, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
Get a first look at Dixie Terminal's dome renovation

Imagine cleaning your ceiling with cotton balls and Q-Tips. Now imagine cleaning a ceiling thatís 250 feet long and 25 feet wide that way.

Thatís what American Financial Group Inc. did to bring out the original color and brighten up the interior dome of its landmark Dixie Terminal building at Fourth and Walnut streets.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/11/27/exclusive-get-a-first-look-at-dixie-terminals-dome.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Online jwulsin

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #3153 on: December 01, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
SFA Architects renovated an old building on Carr St, located between the flood levy wall and the 6th St viaduct. Building looks pretty sweet:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SFAarchitects/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1570455053022150

Offline jjakucyk

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3154 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
This is getting out there a little ways, but does anyone know anything about the old office campus in South Lebanon on Mason Morrow Millgrove Road?  You can see the office tower from the Little Miami Trail and some of the surrounding roads, but it's actually a huge complex, and I guess it's abandoned and being redeveloped.  I can't find any information about what it used to be or what's going on with it. 

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3155 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:23 PM »
^ I know it was originally built for Milacron in the late '60s - I came across some old photos of it online awhile ago:

https://microship.com/cincinnati-milacron-george-your-first-computer/

Growing up I always thought that I-71/SR-48 interchange seemed way oversized, I think they must have assumed more growth would occur there, but in reality it took until the last 5-10 years or so for the sprawl to reach that point. This building and the Fujitech building to the north sat out there relatively isolated for decades.

It looks like the developers that did the Rivers Crossing shopping center on 48 now own the old Milacron site.

Online taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3156 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »
This is getting out there a little ways, but does anyone know anything about the old office campus in South Lebanon on Mason Morrow Millgrove Road?  You can see the office tower from the Little Miami Trail and some of the surrounding roads, but it's actually a huge complex, and I guess it's abandoned and being redeveloped.  I can't find any information about what it used to be or what's going on with it. 

I think you are talking about this complex. Street View from 2015 shows a Vickers sign out front.

Online ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #3157 on: December 06, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Neyer Properties plans $28 million redevelopment of Shillitoís building

The city of Cincinnati has selected Neyer Properties to move forward with plans for a redevelopment of the western half of the former Shillitoís department store.

More below:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/12/06/exclusive-neyer-properties-plans-28-million.html
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline ink

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3158 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »
^At first I thought the rendering was showing changes to the part of the building pictured above; thankfully it is the warehouse/storeroom portion of the building that is being rehabbed by Neyer.

Online thebillshark

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #3159 on: December 07, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »
The article calls says about 6 floors of the building will be turned into a 450 car garage topped off with office space.

It mentions a call center as one of the possible uses, because of the ability to provide parking. I wonder if there are any technical advantages to having a call center right across from the Bell building?

I wonder if they could leverage this new garage to replace any of the aging garages in the area. The one south of the Bell building and the Federated garage to the north of the Bell building are particularly unsightly. They probably wonít though

Online The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3160 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
I haven't read the article, but are any of the parking floors underground?  That side of the building has 2-3 levels of sub-basement.  I went in there a couple of times, it is pretty cool.

Online IAGuy39

« Reply #3161 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
All in all, good news for downtown to get something to better use.

They are revamping the west side of the building.  What is the east side used for?  Seems pretty empty on the street front but maybe I'm wrong, I haven't crossed it except driving and didn't pay much attention.

Online jwulsin

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #3162 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:47 AM »
I haven't read the article, but are any of the parking floors underground?  That side of the building has 2-3 levels of sub-basement.  I went in there a couple of times, it is pretty cool.

Not totally sure, but maybe you can figure it out based on this:
"the potential project would turn nearly 400,000 square feet of space into a 450-space parking garage topped with 100,000 square feet of office space and street-level retail spaces.
The idea would be to use the top four floors of the building as office space.
In addition, the lower levels of the building would be converted to additional parking space, as the buildings already have about 250 indoor parking spaces. About six floors of the building would become parking under this plan, but Chamot said there is flexibility based on the needs of a potential end user."

Offline SleepyLeroy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #3163 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:51 AM »
All in all, good news for downtown to get something to better use.

They are revamping the west side of the building.  What is the east side used for?  Seems pretty empty on the street front but maybe I'm wrong, I haven't crossed it except driving and didn't pay much attention.

The entire east side is residential around the opened up atrium with offices on the first floor. I believe the marketing agency LANDOR is there still. http://www.loftsatshillito.com/

Online The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3164 on: December 07, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »
The atrium is one of the coolest spaces downtown that few people get to see.  It was covered up for years when the floors were filled in and the actual dome was covered in wood/drywall.  I have an old picture of it before the renovation I will have to dig up.

Offline SleepyLeroy

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #3165 on: December 07, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
From the backside of the SHillitos building it is easier to see the division of the older east side and the newer and currently unused west side. The back didnt get the deco reskin and kept its HUGE original sash windows. The Skylight is the top glass over the huge atrium.

Online thebillshark

« Reply #3166 on: Today at 07:52:11 AM »
(See link re: Power Buildkng below) Isnít one of the ways we get affordable market-rate housing is to have existing buildings age as new buildings come online and command higher rents? Donít we wish we had more of this kind of building stock downtown and in OTR? Then how is this kind of intervention into the regular market justifiable?

http://cin.ci/2Bm9q3q
« Last Edit: Today at 07:54:14 AM by thebillshark »