Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hamburg is due back on Oct 10th, if you miss it this time.
Current Events / Re: The Trump Presidency
« Last post by ck on Yesterday at 11:44:54 PM »
^lol  I looked at the content of the post before I saw who posted it.  I thought for sure it was KJP, Freefourur, Jonoh, or Darkandstormy.  It's quite the contrast to see a thoughtful leader trying to navigate tough and complicated problems versus the smiling buffoon talking about how we won't surrender our sovereignty, even though that was never in doubt, and how we are going to embrace the doctrine of patriotism?? What does that even mean?  It's like grade school drivel.  Of course we've always done what we thought was in our best interests.  When was that not occurring?

Then I see Ram posted it and thought it was a great speech.  I giggled.   
Current Events / Re: SCOTUS
« Last post by Brutus_buckeye on Yesterday at 11:32:09 PM »
B. Kavanaugh:
And yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there. And yes, people might have had too many beers on occasion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1982/07/03/grandfathered-teen-agers/5cc2a9ac-0e20-4842-856a-be1a29f9f12e/

The drinking age limit in Maryland was changed from 18 to 21 on July 1, 1982.  Kavanaugh was born on February 12, 1965.  When he turned 18, the drinking age was 21.

You really trying to hold the fact that he drank underage against him?
Ohio Business and Economy / Re: Owning Rental Property in Ohio's Cities
« Last post by Brutus_buckeye on Yesterday at 11:31:09 PM »
We were looking at single family homes.  Akron has a real shortage of single family home rentals, at least compared to large multifamily complexes.  But maybe there's a reason for that, if rents simply can never reach a level to make it worth the hassle of owning and renting out a single family home.

Akron is a great place for 2-4 unit properties. I personally think the Cuyahoga Falls area is a decent area for these type of smaller properties given the location to downtown and the University, the older housing stock, it is more of a working class area with a good supply of renters and fairly stable for the most part.
Ohio Business and Economy / Re: Owning Rental Property in Ohio's Cities
« Last post by Brutus_buckeye on Yesterday at 11:29:10 PM »
It is a lot easier to do it with Multi's but even after a while 2-4 families do not get the economies of scale that bigger properties provide.
City Discussion / Re: Cincinnati's "Hidden" Streets
« Last post by thebillshark on Yesterday at 11:02:06 PM »
I'm still stunned at how quickly home values appreciated in Northside. The average selling price seemed to double or even triple between 2016 and 2017.

Me too! As someone that hung out in the neighborhood a lot over the past decade plus, Iím utterly shocked that itís fetching these East Side type of prices.

I think Crawford Avenue has a lot of potential. If you connect Dane and Chase to Crawford, then maybe add another cross street or two (New section of Pullan or Apjones?), youíd have a great walkable/bikeable link to the business district. You could redevelop those lots and warehouses with a mix of different housing types. And it would be a peaceful street having the cemetery on the eastern side with that side of the street already being lined with mature trees.
« Last post by DarkandStormy on Yesterday at 10:41:48 PM »
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/408438-grassley-hires-arizona-rachel-mitchell-to-question-kavanaugh

Senate Republicans have tapped a former Maricopa County (hello, Joe Arpaio) prosecutor, who failed to prosecute sex crimes, to question Ford for them.
« Last post by DarkandStormy on Yesterday at 10:38:32 PM »
« Last post by Ram23 on Yesterday at 10:13:19 PM »
What a difference two years can make. In 50 years people will look back upon phrases like "America is governed by Americans" in much the same way we, today, look back upon "Four Score..." and "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You..."

« Last post by freefourur on Yesterday at 09:45:22 PM »
Globalism isnít an ideology. Itís a fact of life

but they took our jerbs...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10