PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Natural History Museum Renovation and Expansion  (Read 2540 times)

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Natural History Museum Renovation and Expansion
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
New video: 

Offline Clueless,Ohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    • FB
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2016, 09:20:42 AM »
I drove by there last week and was quite surprised at the progress. Very nice to see the pachyderms out in the light again.
And what's the roller coaster about???

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »
I thought that was a coaster as well and researched further. Its just an elevated walkway.

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »
Dang!!!!

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »
We stopped by the Museum at this past week's Wade Oval Wednesday and got a glimpse of the model as well as current progress. This is going to be so sweet when finished in 2020.

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »
New Perkins Wildlife Center Grand Opening
Grand Opening Weekend Saturday, September 3-Monday, September 5
Posted: August 01, 2016

The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is proud to announce the grand opening of the all-new Ralph Perkins II Wildlife Center & Woods Garden Presented by KeyBank. The first addition to the Museum from its Centennial Transformation Project opens to the public Labor Day Weekend.

Museum guests can experience Perkins Wildlife Center free with general admission, though timed ticket reservations are required during Grand Opening Weekend Saturday, September 3 through Monday, September 5. The Museum and Perkins will be open from 10am-5pm all three days.

https://www.cmnh.org/announcements/perkins-grand-opening-weekend

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
Very curious to know what's going on this renovation in light of this unfortunate news of CEO Evelyn Gates resigning.   This project needs to be a game-changer for generations to come.

Anyone hearing anything??

Evalyn Gates leaves Cleveland Museum of Natural History after 7 years as director over differences on project

Updated Dec 6, 6:41 PM; Posted Dec 6, 1:38 PM

By Steven Litt, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Evalyn Gates, the executive director and CEO of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History since 2010, has left her position after having differed with board members over how best to proceed on its partially finished $150 million expansion and renovation.

"We all agreed this would be the right thing to do," Gates said of her decision.

She added, "I will use the word painful," when asked how it felt to leave the museum.

The museum's news release said an interim head will be named soon, and the search for the next CEO is to begin immediately.

Leaders of the institution said Wednesday night they are re-evaluating the expansion project's scope, size, content and technology because some of the plans date back to 2010-2011 and need to be updated.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/12/evalyn_gates_leaves_cleveland.html

Online MikeyB440

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »
This is laughable. It's not like any Columbus museums have taken state tax dollars. Oh wait....

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/investigates/you-paid-for-it/you-paid-for-it-cleveland-museum-renovation/1103083087

Offline tj111

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:20 AM »
This is the most ridiculous story I've ever seen.  Digging into it, it looks like my state tax dollars as a Clevelander also went to help support such thrilling things as a park and parking garage improvements in Franklin county last year.  Who do I complain to about this?

http://obm.ohio.gov/Budget/capital/doc/fy-17-18/County_Report_FY17-18_Summary.pdf (pdf)

Online smith

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2018, 09:27:03 AM »
Why do my federal tax dollars go to highways in Alaska??  I've never been there!!!  B.S.!!!

Offline tlove

• Excavation Site
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »
This is total BS. When you look at the 3 most populous counties in the state, you'll notice that Franklin counties budget appropriation for 2017-2018 is $249,708,429, followed by Hamilton county (Cincinnati) at $72,820,786 and Cuyahoga county (Cleveland) at $67,757,303. I know that Cuyahoga county's population is larger that Hamilton county. Please someone correct me but isn't Cuyahoga county one of the largest tax revenue generators for the State of Ohio?

Offline jjames0408

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
It really is laughable, especially that Lawson guy saying why is someone in Westerville paying for this in Cleveland. Well, why is someone in Cleveland helping to pay for a $4million park in Columbus? Why is Franklin County getting almost $250 million while the rest of the state gets fractions of that? Cherry picking ignorance.

Offline ink

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »
If you talk to the Buckeye Institute, they'd also say that residents of Strongsville should not be paying for COSI in Columbus. They do not like the capital budget community projects as policy.

NBC 4 made it a story of Columbus v. Cleveland, when it really isn't that at all.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »
ODOT has been violating the commerce clause for years too

Offline StapHanger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
The tepid defense of the cap spending in that piece (that it's for economic development) is also silly. There's nothing wrong with spending state money on high quality regional educational amenities for their own sake!